PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog dream?

Bandit's mom
09-20-2003, 07:20 PM
I am very fond of my dog and I'm glad I signed up. My dog seems to dream. I notice sometimes when he is sleeping, he cried in his sleep. Do you think this is anything to be concerned about? Does anybody else's dog do that?

Bandit's Mom

binka_nugget
09-20-2003, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned. Occassionally, Kai will wimper in his sleep but it's nothing to worry about it.

Amber
09-21-2003, 10:52 AM
yep, Katie does it sometimes in her sleep, nothing to worry about. their just Havin a doggy dream! hehe
------------------------------------------
Oh Yeah! Welcome to PetTalk!!

Tonya
09-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Roxy runs in her sleep. Teddy growls. I think he's dreaming of beating up big dogs. lol. Dusty always makes wierd breathing noises. So, yes they all dream.

anna_66
09-21-2003, 11:58 AM
All 3 of mine do that on occassion, nothing to worry about:D

Welcome to PT!

KYS
09-21-2003, 09:16 PM
All 3 of my dogs sometimes whimper in their sleep too.
Rocky once in awhile will let out a loud howl and scare
the poop out of me. lol

tiasdad
09-22-2003, 12:05 AM
Both our dogs, Tia ( golden retriever ) & Max ( her border collie/australian cattle dog boyfriend ), whimper,sob,growl and run in their sleep. ( among other things................phew)

www.animalsdocry.com

wolfsoul
09-23-2003, 03:36 PM
My dog Leather runs in her sleep. She moves her legs like she is running and she howls and barks.

My other dog Timber, twitches and whines.

I wouldn't worry about it.

CJ7Boomer
09-23-2003, 08:16 PM
my dog does that too. he mostly wags his tail when hes sleeping though...he must be having good dreams!http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p48c8f69280b636bcb2185755b18c6c09/fb01c732.jpg

cloverfdx
09-24-2003, 10:24 AM
out of our 3 dogs clover is the only one that dreams. she runs, wimpers, howls, and has even barked (scared the hell outta me) and her favourite clicker her nails on the wall (her bed is in my bedroom near a wall)

babolaypo65
09-24-2003, 08:37 PM
Yep. Owen runs, wimpers, barks all in his sleep!

Sevens
09-25-2003, 10:19 AM
Actually, Bailey had a bad dream last night. She was wimpering and crying. Then she woke up and was whining really bad. I let her out of her crate and she jumped straight up on the bed with my husband and was very very clingy and wanting attention. We just petted her for a few minutes, gave her a treat and sent her back to bed. She was ok after that.

Samantha Puppy
10-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Samantha dreams. She runs and sometimes lets out a very low "boof!" Saturday night, my fiance was over and we turned off the TV to go to sleep and he heard this sucking noise, sat up and said, "What the h3ll is that??" I started laughing and told him it was just Samantha, having a dream. She must've been dreaming of feeding off her doggy mama.

SeamusK
10-14-2003, 10:04 AM
lol, cute. :rolleyes: buck dreams about running, and beating up jefe.. AND, Yesterday, Jefe scared me so much, He was laying down asleep, And shaking, Like he was having a seizure. I Can recognize this, My older brother has epilepsy. When i tried to get jefe up, He wouldnt wake up. so i hugged him and pet him for awhile and then he Barked:eek:scared me, But then he woke up and started licking my hand...

PS: You shouldnt have anything to worry about, Just dreams.

taylorboy
10-14-2003, 01:51 PM
Taylor runs and whimpers, he has never barked but if he's been up at the cottage or swimming all day you can bet on hearing a howl:o out of him that night when he finally konks out. I'm kind of jealous b/c I think he's having better dreams than me:D

Foam
10-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Yup, both of my dogs whine in their sleep. Sometimes they shake, jiggle or even thrash their legs around!!:eek:
This morning, Oz was sleeping right beside my head, and he smacked my face with his legs. Lol. :p

tiasdad
10-14-2003, 07:01 PM
Tia and Max both run, play, growl, wimper while sleeping. They snore too, but what really cracks me up is when Tia barks in her sleep. She actually wakes herself up with her bark. Then she pops up to attention looking around to find the dog that woke her up. She's really priceless. They all are in their own way.

www.animalsdocry.com

belle67
10-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Milly just started doing this. I hear that it is because they are happy and content with their life!
She moans, groans and chases... I bet it is that rabbit and the end of the lure. ;)

Bandit's mom
10-16-2003, 07:58 PM
What breed of dog is Milly? Is she a greyhound? Was that a picture of Milly in Milly's career? I do hope that when they dream they are happy and not frightened. We all dream, I guess dogs have anxiety sometimes. Bandit doesn't dream everynight, unless I sleep through it. Sometimes he does sound like he is weeping in his sleep. But I think it's natural. He probably, like humans dream. Dreams can't hurt you. :)

belle67
10-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Bandit's mom
What breed of dog is Milly? Is she a greyhound? Was that a picture of Milly in Milly's career? I do hope that when they dream they are happy and not frightened. We all dream, I guess dogs have anxiety sometimes. Bandit doesn't dream everynight, unless I sleep through it. Sometimes he does sound like he is weeping in his sleep. But I think it's natural. He probably, like humans dream. Dreams can't hurt you. :)

Yes Milly is a greyhound. And those are her pictures posted in her career. :)

K9karen
10-18-2003, 12:32 AM
Guess who's yelping, snoring, running right beside me at this very moment???