PDA

View Full Version : Build your perfect cat

jenluckenbach
09-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Of course, We all have the perfect cat right in our own homes, but if you could choose ALL of your next cat's traits and characteristics what would YOUR perfect cat look and act like?

Mine would be a large sized male. Silver tabby long hair (maine coon type). He would be a lap cat and a purr machine. And he'd let you hold him for hours.

Now build YOUR perfect cat.

sweet_stormy
09-20-2003, 02:11 PM
my purr-fect cat would be.......
1. Mittens
2. Mittens
3. Mittens

lol. no, i dont know what my purr-fect cat would look like.

PayItForward
09-20-2003, 02:18 PM
My Perfect Cat would have :-

George's affectionate nature, with sleeping on my head features.

Milly's Independance and beautiful green eyes.

Milo's cleverness and excellent white belly.

Treacle's Jumping talent and ability to appear at a moments notice.

Bramble's beautiful long fur and interest in the PC.

Tigs's vocal nature & constant purring engine

Wait..........I do have this cat, just spilt into six moggies ;) :D

jenluckenbach
09-20-2003, 02:22 PM
I know, me too:
Lucas's size
Calvin's hair
Sterling's color
Monte's lap fungus quality
Y.Lee (RB) need to be held for 24 hours every day
and
Timmy's (foster) purr

PayItForward
09-20-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I know, me too:
Lucas's size
Calvin's hair
Sterling's color
Monte's lap fungus quality
Y.Lee (RB) need to be held for 24 hours every day
and
Timmy's (foster) purr
LOL, Isn't that convenient ;)

:D

Cataholic
09-20-2003, 03:47 PM
Hmmm..my perfect cat? I think I have him- Tenny. Big, loving to a fault, affectionate, cuddly, likes to be held, long haired, and so beautiful.

But, I love all my cats for their unique perfection. They are all purrfectly THEM!

jenluckenbach
09-20-2003, 03:54 PM
You guys are NO FUN!!! I KNOW you love your cats and I KNOW you think they are perfect, but this is fantasy. It is make believe. It is not going to make us think you don't like your cats.

Oh, just foget I asked :(

PayItForward
09-20-2003, 04:04 PM
You guys are NO FUN!!! I KNOW you love your cats and I KNOW you think they are perfect, but this is fantasy. It is make believe. It is not going to make us think you don't like your cats.

OK just for you Jen but don't tell my herd ;)

My cat would have

: Tri coloured semi long fur (Who loves being groomed)
: Blue/violet eyes
: Very affectionate purr monster
: Play fetch like a dog
: Vocal
: Sit on top of door frames (love SAS kitties doing that)
: Love me better than PaysForIt

OK Jen, where do I find her ?

slick
09-20-2003, 04:12 PM
Well, I think building the perrrrfect cat is like building the perfect man, I don't think it can be accomplished. My perrrfect cats are what I have now but I would like them to be lap cats. I like that fact that both Max and Speckles do have a little independent streak in them. I would also build into them acceptance of other animals. That's it. Nothing too drastic.

BastetsMum
09-20-2003, 05:33 PM
yellow eyes, big eared, short haired - really unusual fur colouring, independent, hyperactive occasionally and a love bug occasionally oh and cleans out own litter box :D

PayItForward
09-20-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by BastetsMum
.......oh and cleans out own litter box :D
LOL. Sign me up for two like that.

nodgeness
09-20-2003, 05:51 PM
I agree w/ cleans out own litter box!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2003, 06:34 PM
My perfect cat would have the following:
sex: male

appearance:shorthaired reddish orange with blue eyes

personality: very affectionate and loving, a lap cat, likes to cuddle in bed, playful and entertaining, has a loud purr

other: comes when called, always uses the scratching post, always greets me at the door, isn't too demanding, gets along well with other animals, cleans up after itself

I don't think that a cat like this exists but one can dream.

Cataholic
09-20-2003, 06:39 PM

Honestly? I just can't do it any other way. Fantasy or not, I feel bad if I don't express my love for the herd I have....really, truly...:o

Uabassoon
09-20-2003, 07:34 PM
I think my perfect cat would look simmilar to Tibby, but larger about the size of a maine coon. Maybe the points would be a little darker. I love cats with dark colorpoints. My perfect cat would have medium lenght hair and NOT shed! :) She would be a cuddle bug and love to sit on my lap and let me hold and cuddle her. She would be very active and playful and kill any creepy crawly that came into my house. She would also sleep in every day until I wake up :) . And she would learn how to use the toilet and flush it!

TheAntiPam
09-20-2003, 07:45 PM
I can definitely chose two special qualities for my perfect cat: pink foot pads and the ability to run the vacuum cleaner! :D

Foam
09-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Um...a cat that will never exist!
A Border Collie's blue merle fur (sorry, I'm from the dog side :D;))
Stunning green eyes
Semi long fur
Very soft
Cuddly at all the right times
Playful and entergetic
Extremly smart, meaning I could teach my kitty to do anything
Potty trained :p
Got along perfectly with the dogs
Could there be anything more beautiful? :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-21-2003, 01:15 AM
I would love a dainty Russion Blue (like Nakita), or otherwise go to the opposite extreme and get a HUGE Maine Coon (although Ive never seen one in real life, I love looking at their pics).

Other attributes would be:

- Would not bite my ankles when cross with me
- would not try to re-enact the tunneling movie "The Great Escape" in its litter box
- would not shed or need brushing (hey, it is a fantasy after all)
- would have the ability to become invisible so it could sleep in the bed with me without my hubby having a fit
- would have self-trimming nails;)

One thing I wouldn't change is Ally's personality - she is so loving and affectionate!

wolf_Q
09-21-2003, 01:28 AM
Since I don't have a kitty I'll just dream up a bit here..

I'd like a siamese mix. One with very dark markings and splotches of white here and there. A hint of tabby stripes in the markings would be cute too. Blue eyes are a must, as well as a dark nose. The fur can be medium length. I don't care which gender (as long as it's neutered/spayed! :D ) but I'll say male just so I can type it easier lol.

This kitty would LOVE dogs (and well I'd have to make Nebo the perfect dog and have him love cats too ;) ) and love attention. He would enjoy just sitting on my lap, batting around his toys, and watching birds out of the window.

He would be nicely litter-boxed trained, and wouldn't bite or scratch. One who enjoyed being bathed, brushed, and having his nails clipped would be a major bonus too. :p

Fox-Gal
09-21-2003, 01:32 AM
My perfect cat,

First I want her to be Min-size. (if there can be Min-Pins, etc....I can have a Min-cat:rolleyes: )

Female
Long haired calico, with the fluffiest tail.
Blue eyes
White belly
loves to be held, but doesn't dig her nails into me when making bread.
Never gets fleas.
toilet trained and can flush it. ;)
Likes baths.
And can put my Boxer in his place. :D

If I'm going for a fantasy....I might as well go for it all the way.

she can talk, but only to me. :D :D :D ;)

bisi.cat
09-21-2003, 02:24 AM
...but please don't tell Nellie...

I wish to have the following cat, because Nellie hates to see that some dog owners think it's funny to let their dogs jump up outside the fence where Nellie's cat seat is...

I wish I would have a huge cat (lynx size) with a nice roar instead of a meow and I would love to see that look on people's faces who walk their dogs here seeing this cat behind the fence instead of Nellie...I guess the dog would be gone in a flash (and so would the owner)...heeheehee...;) :p :rolleyes:

...but of course this has to be a gentle giant...

rosethecopycat
09-21-2003, 07:59 AM
Nakita.

catmandu
09-21-2003, 09:58 AM
My perfect cat would be a Singapura type Cat with Occicat markings! That way you would have a Cat that would always be a kitten size with kitten traits and a beautiful Coat!I love the Occicat look!

catlady1945
09-21-2003, 10:08 AM
My late cat, Ella, would be the perfect cat. Sweet, affectionate, patient with little kids. Our youngest, Krissy, is pretty close.

RedHedd
09-21-2003, 11:14 AM
My fantasy perfect cat would be a combo of my RB Goldie who was so loving, loved to be held, would let me "dance" with her. Mishi has some of her physical qualities: the silky soft Maine Coon coat, the golden red color, the silly personality that keeps me laughing.

The perfect cat would use the litter box I wanted it to use and not miss -- asking it to clean the box would be too much, but this is fantasy, right?

The perfect cat would worship me the way my RB Goldie did and Mitzi does now - nothing can beat seeing those beautiful green cat eyes gazing up at me with so much love in her eyes!

Only scratch on the scratching posts/surfaces set out for them, not fling the litter out of the box. Come when called, greet me at the door (Mishi does this). Snuggle me in bed -

OK my two are ALMOST perfect .... I'm happy! :)

Tonya
09-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Ron's markings and size. Ron's relaxed personality. He's never skittish, you can move him how ever you want. He just goes with the flow. Raven's independence and low maintenance. She never begs for fresh food, she'll eat whatever. Isn't picky about where she gets her water. Ron's dry food has to be a certain brand poured no more then 30 seconds ago. He will only drink out of the fish bowl and it has to be filled so high or he'll let you know. Raven has no desire to go outside, which is nice. Ron is a constant battle.

And most importantly! A cat that'll let me rub their belly. I love cat bellies and neither of my cats like their bellies to be rubbed.

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 02:41 PM
Dog-like
Orangie, with some white
Gorgeous eyes
Very Socialble, not prissy.
Very Active, not lazy
Loves to play
Plays with dogs, just like it was one.
Awesome markings
Short Fur
Skinny and small, not fat and *huge*
The cutest orangie alive!
Orion!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pd84f6afdd31e4d51222b761f81d611a7/fb9c5cd2.jpg

sirrahbed
09-28-2003, 04:33 PM
orange like Lucas and Sunny
the same personality as the only cat I ever had that CHOSE ME - his name was Bert - died of cancer in 1995:
*comes running when called
*cuddles under the covers or anywhere near me
*licks my face when I cry
*headbumper
*"talks" like a pigeon
AH! the PUUURRRfect cat :) :) :) :)

Sia1
09-28-2003, 07:27 PM
My perfect kitty would be a:

siamese kitty
very vocal
a little naughty (my cats are in to everything...keeps life exciting)
lap cat
very loud purrer
tends to follow you everywhere
likes both my husband and I (my cats tend to favor me...but I am the one that feeds them :) )
must like dogs

carole
09-28-2003, 08:56 PM
My perfect cat would be a Maine Coone, tortie, a real love-bug, who is a lap cat.
Close your ears lexie ( you know mama really thinks you are the perfect one_ but just to keep Jen happy., I have tried to use my imagination a little, but darn when you have got the best its real hard you know, ok lexie you can take your paws off your ears now ok.:) :D

Lorraine
09-28-2003, 09:19 PM
My perfect cat would have long silky plush fur-which never sheds
which in turn would not create any hairball surprises to squash while barefoot.
He would not turn his nose up , or try to bury all of the foods his mommy brings home to him.
he would not try to wrestle with any drink a family member may have set down on the table for a brief minute.
but he WOULD need to be as sweet as my cats, as loving as my cats, and as pretty as my cats!:D :D
Oh, and it wouldn't hurt if this fantasy cat could wash, fold and put away the laundry, and wash the dishes too.

tikeyas_mom
09-28-2003, 09:39 PM
mine would be smokey grey with stripes only visible in direct sunlight, he would be agressive to dogs but love to sleep with me. He would love right above his butt scratched and he would purr all night long. he would be playful but not shy. H wouldent like new people, only me and my family. He would like rats but be a mouser.

He would be my godmother cat acorn.. (my future cat)

cloverfdx
09-29-2003, 09:33 AM
i would love to have 2 perfect cats (other than miss Yumi of course) ;)

1st would be a black oriental, Male (neutered), quite vocal, playfull and likes to play fetch (like yumi), very friendly and a lap cat (also yumi), gets along GREAT with dogs, ohhhhh...green eyes or copper eyes :D

and #2 would be a makeral or traditional tabby, scottish fold, female (spayed), friendly, GREAT with dogs, hyperactive (ill keep dreaming on that one lol), uhhhh....jade green eyes, quite small build, loves to give head bumpies, and a cat that is good with strangers but still a little wary :D

feeling frisky
09-29-2003, 03:16 PM
My perfect kittie would have green eyes, all different colored hair that was long and thick in the winter.But in the summer instead of shredding you would unzip the long coat and there is the short coat!! He would be able to talk but only when spoken to.He would give more luv to those who luv him than you can imagine. Purr,oh yeah!! Like a whistle in the wind.!! He would also be a life long friend who would be with you till your dying day. A trusted and loving friend.

Felicia's Mom
09-29-2003, 08:13 PM
My perfect cat would be:
male
shorthaired
silver tabby
always uses litter box
always uses scratching post, not furniture
meows quietly
eats what I give him
never eats then throws it up right away
loveable to me.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Ok, after T & P, my perfect cat would be.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p08030ae3a5ae2f815a46cb82d4901d19/faf442dc.jpg

A big hairy male...oops, that doesn't sound too flattering. ;) :D

catmandu
01-04-2004, 01:13 PM
My perfect Cat would be smallish , and have a lot of wild colors , maybe 4 of 5. aNd he would have JJJ3s wamth , and Mooses purr , and Dianes playfullness , even at 10 , she is a big kitten. And BoBos meow! And Sams ability to make me laugh.

catnapper
01-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Wheee.... this is fun!
My perfect cat would NOT:
play with fishies
tease the dog
steal food off my plate
tinkle in laundry baskets
hog the bed
Try to run outside
-in other words, no bad kitties!

Seriously.... My dream cat would:
purr and make biscuits
purr some more
always know when we need hugs
lots of stripes
big round belly that begs for rubs
expressive golden eyes
willingly allow me to trim his nails
and lastly, he would never shed

Why do you ask Jen? Are you going to make a Frankenstien kitty?

RICHARD
01-04-2004, 04:01 PM
i own the perfect cat.....

He has never pooped or peed outside his box....only hacked
up four hairballs since I have had him and has never destroyed anything....I didn't have to take him to have his 'bits' removed and
he's really warm at night

Really..

His only 'defects' is that he likes to scratch at mom's furniture....
:eek:

and I can't wear any dark colors.

:rolleyes:

catcrazylady
01-04-2004, 05:16 PM
The perfect kitty? Wow that's tough!

Must be a minimum of 20 lbs.
Long silky non matting hair
I love the black and silver marble coloration
Black nose
Nawtee kitty at times (just to keep it fun and interesting)
Loves to be loved
Loves belly rubs and snuggles
Interacts with visitors!! Never hides so no one knows he exists!
Never makes a mess!
Never vomits!
Never misses the box or forgets to bury when done
Wait a minute this is a fantasy cat so...Never needs a litter box!!

Does anybody know where this big boy is????

cutie_chica
01-04-2004, 05:24 PM
My perfect kitties already live with me :) But if I could "build" a new kitty to add it would be a white pursian with goldish eyes, be a lover, not a biter! and a purring machine, she would like to travel, and get along with all animals :)

CatDad
01-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Cool thread!:)

Let's see, my perfect kitty.
- Have to be over 20 - 25 lbs.
- Color is not that important. However I am partial to black or any of the silver colorings of the Maine Coon.
- Long silky hair, non matting. Hair Pattern like the Maine Coon.
- Big purr machine.
- Loved to be held.
- Needs to love to sleep with me.
- Love to be groomed.
- Able to hold conversation.
- Has to be able to ride on shoulders.
- Not easily scared.
- Very friendly, love people and other animals.
- Like to travel.
- Very athletic.
- No hairballs
- Like to have nails trimmed.
- Use litter box faithfully.
- Not have a sensitive stomach.
- Use scracthing post all the time.
- Love all toys that I get him/her.

Gee I'm not asking for much.:eek: I could actually keep going, but I will stop here.

RICHARD
01-05-2004, 10:55 AM
the one thing that disturbs me about this thread is the weight requirements.......

I do that with turkeys....;)

CatDad
01-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
the one thing that disturbs me about this thread is the weight requirements.......

I do that with turkeys....;)
I just like big kitties. It gives you more to love.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by CatDad
I just like big kitties. It gives you more to love.:)

I'm with you Bryan. I love the big hairy ones. :D

'Course the petite adorable ones like Abys and Russian Blues like Nakita would be hard to resist also. :D