PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Chicago with my Holly.

Chris J
09-20-2003, 12:52 AM
I'm going to move to Chicago from California and of course Holly is coming with me but not sure what to do. She's never been in a crate and I can't see myself shipping her off in the luggage compartment or whatever they call that place they put the dogs.

Any ideas what I can do?

kingrattus
09-20-2003, 12:59 AM
ya might want to start to get her use to it... My dads old dog was never crate trained & he took home a crate & put her in it a few times so she wouldn't be scared & she was fine.

Fox-Gal
09-20-2003, 01:20 AM
Training her now in a crate is a good idea and then talk to the vet see what he can give her to keep her calm for the trip. I now how hard it is, the thought of a loved one in the baggage compartment of a plane. I had to do that twice in my life time and it about killed me. I worried the whole trip but it all worked out fine. I'm sure it will for you too.

There really not much other advice I can give you, inless you want to pay someone to drive her to Chicago.

BTW: Enjoy Chicago, my brother lives there and it's a great city. As long as they don't get those -20 degress days, like the one winter I was there. :eek: :eek:

delidog
09-20-2003, 06:14 AM
There are Great Pet Transport services....
bonded,licensed,etc.
Action pet express
1-888-234-5028...24 hours
www.actionpetexpress.com
304-274-6859

also
ProfessionalPet Transport
toll free
866-are-pets(273-7387)
www.pro-pet-transport.com

I would recommend these over putting the little one in a baggage compartment...especially if she still has to learn to be crated...

Check out their sites or give them a call....nothing to lose Right??

delidog
09-20-2003, 06:20 AM
If you Look at the second website,You can get Journey pics of your pet and a free toy for the journey;) :)

She'd like that....plus you can see the Nice vehicles they use to transport....a med. dog crate i think was 350.00.....
Thats' very reasonable for your peace of mind,and your pets' safety!!

Chris J
09-20-2003, 09:49 AM
I heard you can pay for a plane ticket for your pet if they are small.