PDA

View Full Version : What is your absolute favorite dinner?

Christiansmommy
09-19-2003, 10:16 PM
I am board, can't ya tell? Anyway, I would have to say that i love seafood and i can't get enough of snow crab legs...so i think that is my favorite dish to have for dinner.

How about you?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Let's see...

I like...

Spaghetti,
Bourbon Chicken,
McDonalds Soup,
ICE CREAM! (not really dinner..)
Pizza,
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham,
Potatoes... love potatoes...
Tacos,
Quesadillas,
Taquitos,
Anything Mexican, flavorful, you get my idea.

ticosmyham
09-19-2003, 10:48 PM
BOURBON CHICKEN!! The only Chinese food I can tolerate. And I love everything from Taco Bell too... lol Can you see I am a HEALTH NUT? not... lol

Tonya
09-19-2003, 10:50 PM
Tritip marinated in Corona beer, garlic, and Pappy's seasoning, a baked potato with sour cream and chives, and French's French Fried onions green bean casserole.

babolaypo65
09-19-2003, 11:01 PM
SUSHI!

anything mexican

mashed potatoes with feta cheese and butter.

wolf_Q
09-19-2003, 11:02 PM
Fetucinni alfredo with grilled chicken....garlic bread, and apple beer. :)

gini
09-19-2003, 11:42 PM
http://www.demooisteanimaties.com/eten/eten005.gif

And all of the trimmings!

KYS
09-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Since I love food, this is a hard question.

I love a good pizza.
lobster
Prime Rib, baked potato, garlic bread.
blintzes, ice-cream, salad and corn on the cob. :D

carole
09-20-2003, 12:22 AM
Chicken Lite burger, homemade with pineapple ring, lettuce, tomato ,carrot and colby cheese, low in fat and high in taste yummie, I almost live on these.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-20-2003, 12:58 AM
Lobster Thermidor
Prawns with lemon-butter
Spare Ribs
Lasagne

(Probably not the best thread to read whilst on a diet - my mouth is watering!!)

popcornbird
09-20-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
(Probably not the best thread to read whilst on a diet - my mouth is watering!!)

I KNOW!! These people are plotting against us by making us HUNGRY! :p Hehehe

My favorites...........well.........I'm not sure what my ABSOLUTE favorite dinner is, because I like so many, but some of my favorites are:

Chicken biryani........mmmmmmmmmm

Lasagna........mmmmmmmmmm

Pizza........mmmmmmmmmmm

The broiled chicken and rice my mom makes :p

The spinach and ground beef my mom makes.....

Lots of other stuff.........but I must stop before I get hungry. Uh oh...I already am. :o:o

wolfsoul
09-20-2003, 01:23 AM
Cereal or pizza. :D

Fox-Gal
09-20-2003, 01:33 AM
Steak and lobster with a baked potato and then chesse cake and I'm a happy woman.

Fat but happy. :D

binka_nugget
09-20-2003, 02:59 AM
Ketchup-Soaked Chicken
Caeser Salad w/my mom's home-made garlic dressing MMM
PIZZA!
and..Sushi

Sevens
09-20-2003, 06:51 AM
Hmm...

Fried shrimp

or

brocoli and cheddar quiche and fresh fruit from my favorite restaurant called Strawberry Street

or

Salad with house dressing and seafood pasta from Olive Garden

or

(and my husband hates this) Sausage, Egg, and Cheese McGriddles breakfast combo from McDonalds.:D

Actually, it's almost 8am here, so I think I will go to McDonalds and get one of those McGriddles combos.:D

Cookiebaker
09-20-2003, 07:37 AM
Homemade Veggie Soup with a thick slice of homemade bread. That is my favorite in fall as the days get cooler! MMmmmmmmmmmmm!

Pam
09-20-2003, 07:44 AM
Seafood or anything Italian! ;)

kingrattus
09-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Pizza, Ribs & McDonalds !!

cloverfdx
09-20-2003, 09:23 AM
lasagna *Yummmm*

pasta of anysort (minus anthing with mushrooms)

honey soy chicken (stirfry or just the chicken)

pasta salad in summer (practicly everyday lol):o

um McDonalds

Cataholic
09-20-2003, 09:30 AM
WOW...I am with alot of you, I love food! Some of my favorite things?

Pizza- thin, thin crust, nearly crispy, with extra cheese, sausage and onion. I could eat pizza every single day.

Like Cookiebaker...a fresh homemade soup and THICK slice of bread could make my day....though I tend to stay away from the veggie soup...I love homemade tomato (I promise, once you make it, you will never eat canned again), or a spicy chili.

A lovely salmon steak, with fresh asparagus, and boiled new potatoes with black bean.

Thank goodness it is morning here, I just don't have much of an appetite in the am. Else, watch out kitchen, here I come!

CountryWolf07
09-20-2003, 09:41 AM
COUNTRY FRIED CHICKEN from Cracker Barrel.. any ITALIAN food.. I LOVE spaghetti.. Yum! :) Pizza is great but I don't eat it a lot as often, and I try not to eat a lot of fast food...

Cincy'sMom
09-20-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by KYS
Since I love food, this is a hard question.

AMEN!!!

My favorite is dinner Steak Oscar (Steak topped with pulled crab meat, Bernaise sauce, with Asparagus over top)

Other favorties are Pizza, seafood, jambalaya (Sp?) , Ribs and sweet potatoes

slick
09-20-2003, 11:06 AM
Oh brother this is just as hard as responding to a "prettiest eyes" contest.
I love food as well and was brought up on rare roast beef and mashed potatoes and to this day I still love it (especially steak and lobster..)

but....

I go for anything ethnic. Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Japanese, you name it, I'll eat it, including chicken feet and jellyfish :eek: The only exceptions are raw oysters and liver.

My fav lunch is Dim Sum.

ParNone
09-20-2003, 11:37 AM
These are my all time favorite dishes, but only if my mom
makes them:

Shrimp and Crab Gumbo
Shrimp Creole
Cheese Enchilandas
Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken n' Dumplin's
Blackberry Cobbler

Par...

PepperRSM
09-20-2003, 02:02 PM
Hmmm.....I'm gonna have to think about this one. I...
Well here it goes. I hopeI don't leave anything out ;)
~Ham....I LOVE ham
~Fettacini alfredo(sp?) with bacon pieces or as i like to call it shoelaces and knots lol
~Mac and cheese
~Beef stroganof...as you can see i like a lot of different pastas;)
~pizza...its always good, i like this one kind of pizza from this place Red Savoys over here. It's thin crust and really chessey and greasy..yum
~steak...i like to dip mine in ketchup
~Polish sausages.....yummy, and i like to dip mine in syrup lol unless it has cheese inside, then i wont dip it
~Cheeseburgers....I like the ones my mom makes, but i LOVE the ones at Champps
~ribs

Does anyone else have any weird quirks like something they dip their food in that everyone looks at them funny for? lol

K9karen
09-21-2003, 12:24 AM
Yikes! It's after 1am and now I'm STARVING!! I love Polish, Mexican, Italian.....I go on binges... It's easier to say what I DON'T like..swiss cheese and olives. That's all I can think of. I'll try anything once. BTW...you all, I'm free for dinner at your places any time.... :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-21-2003, 12:37 AM
My favorite food is Italian especially thick crusted pizza, any pasta dish, chicken parmigiana, lasagna. I also like some seafood like lobster, crab, scallops, prawns, some fish. I'm also a dessert lover too and love almost any kind of pie,cake, icecream, or cookie. I try not to buy any sweets because they're my major weakness. :)

dukedogsmom
09-21-2003, 10:26 AM
One of mine is Indian: Tanduri(sp) chicken and Nan bread. Wonderful!

babolaypo65
09-21-2003, 10:49 AM
OMG that sounds good!!!!

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

My favorite is dinner Steak Oscar (Steak topped with pulled crab meat, Bernaise sauce, with Asparagus over top)

anna_66
09-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
Steak and lobster with a baked potato and then chesse cake and I'm a happy woman.

Fat but happy. :D
Ditto that:D

moosmom
09-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes!!

wolflady
09-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Fun thread! Thank goodness it's the am here or I would be starving. I love food (and my waist line is suffering for it) and there is almost nothing I won't try.

Depending on my food, some of my favorite dinners are:

Chicken, lamb or veggie biryani -- I LOVE Indian food. It's a weakness. Basically any kind of Indian food makes me happy. Coconut chutney and homemade dosas! Yum! Chicken Tikka Masala...*drools* Maggi Masala noodles with egg in a quick pinch!

When I'm PMSing -- grilled cheese on texas toast and tomato soup

Late Night weekends -- Pizza (give me the Noble Romans Deep Dish Sicilian please!). I agree with whoever said they could eat pizza every day. I could too! :rolleyes:

Fresh Salmon with asperagus

Gosh, basically anything Italian, Indian, Mexican, Thai, Chinese, seafood....*sigh*

tikeyas_mom
09-21-2003, 01:27 PM
I love chinesse food, YUMMMMM!!! I also love the dark part of the turkey !!! :p:p:p:p.. Now I am hungry....

RubyMutt
09-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Honestly, I LOVE a nice, fresh, tasty, tossed green salad.

mmmmm :D

Lettuce, cucumbers, sprouts, green beans, mozzarella cheese, and ranch dressing - MY FAVORITE

Cookiebaker
09-21-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt

mmmmm :D

Lettuce, cucumbers, sprouts, green beans, mozzarella cheese, and ranch dressing - MY FAVORITE

Mmmmm! That sounds REALLY yummy!! :)

Foam
09-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Hmm...my mom makes the BEST homeade Fettucini Alfredo..and awesome homeade burgers, spaghetti sauce, and OH YES SHE MAKES THE **BEST** SPICE CAKES! Lol :p

Foam
09-21-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt

mmmmm

While we're on the salad side..Ceasar isn't too shabby either :D

isis
09-21-2003, 03:14 PM
I LOVE PIZZA!!!!!!:D

isis
09-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Also mashed potatoes!!:)

popcornbird
09-21-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by wolflady

Chicken, lamb or veggie biryani -- I LOVE Indian food. It's a weakness. Basically any kind of Indian food makes me happy. Coconut chutney and homemade dosas! Yum! Chicken Tikka Masala...*drools* Maggi Masala noodles with egg in a quick pinch!

LOL! You need to come to our house and try my mom's food. ;) Since Pakistani food is very similar and many dishes the same as Indian, I'm sure you would enjoy it. :p

Oh, and I forgot to add, one of my absolute FAVORITE dinners is chicken korma with naan. Do you know what that is Wolflady? I'm pretty sure you do! I LOVE nahari too, but Pakistani nahari, not Indian. They use tongue and other wierd parts of the cow in the Indian nahari.....at least the Hyderbadhi one, but they use normal meat for the Pakistani one, and that's what I LOVE. :D

Hehehe

I'm more into Eastern foods than Western. I love Italian food though.

mugsy
09-21-2003, 07:01 PM
My mom's chicken and dumplings.

wolflady
09-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
LOL! You need to come to our house and try my mom's food. ;) Since Pakistani food is very similar and many dishes the same as Indian, I'm sure you would enjoy it. :p

Oh, and I forgot to add, one of my absolute FAVORITE dinners is chicken korma with naan. Do you know what that is Wolflady? I'm pretty sure you do! ....

LOL, when can I come over??!! ;) MMMMmmmm, my mouth is watering thinking about all of this stuff! Yes, I love chicken korma, and I actually made it for a potluck at work when I was employed. It came pretty good, but probably not as good as some homemade by your mom! :D Butter chicken is quite tasty too!
I make a pretty tasty chicken curry, okra curry and egg fry. My latest endeavor was palak paneer and it came really good! I was surprised!

I don't think I've had nahari though. What's all in that? I have eaten a lot of Hyderabad (AP) food, so who knows! LOL ;)

CathyBogart
09-22-2003, 03:31 AM
I LOVE just about everything, and I'm enthusiastic about most foods...Thai has become almost an obsession as of late. However, my all time favorite food for breakfast, lunch, or dinner is SUSHI!!

I used to eat out at my favortie sushi restaurant twice a week...My wallet started to suffer for it so I've cut back, but GAH! It's so hard! Unagi...anything with Unagi! *HUNGRY*