PDA

View Full Version : biscuits

shais_mom
12-26-2000, 10:01 AM
What is your dogs favorite biscuit/treat?
Shaianne will eat one bag/box then when I buy another one she won't eat them. I have tried Bil-Jac, Purina one, all types of Milk Bone.
I even bought a dog biscuit cookie cutter to make my own. ( I found some really good and easy recipes on the web) But haven't had time to make them yet.
She likes the moist treats but I don't give them very often b/c I know they are not real good in their digestive tract. And they are really more expensive.
I got a free sample from www.onceuponadog.com (http://www.onceuponadog.com)
and she liked them. You should check out the website. Its really cute~~!!!
Thanks for all your input!!!

BoxerLover
12-26-2000, 10:10 AM
Go to a bookstore and buy Three Dog Bakery Cookbook by Dan Dye and Mark Beckloff. It has over 50 all natural recipes for yummies for your baby. It's fun to make them and see the look on your pups face when you give it to them. Try it!

shais_mom
12-26-2000, 10:39 AM
thanks I may try that- some of the recipes I got are from 3 dog bakery.
Have you read Amazing Gracie by Mark and Dan?
It's the cutest book. It tells why they started the bakery. For their albino, deaf,blind anorexic great dane Gracie.

lhg0962
12-26-2000, 11:48 AM
I sure do hope Rottie will look at this webpage for Once Upon a Dog. What a special Rottweiler that dog is. I think I will order some of those special biscuits myself. Thanks for sharing it with us.

RachelJ
12-26-2000, 12:51 PM
Baa Baa Q's by the Old West Treat Company
are definitely my dogs' favorite treat. They are a freezed dried lamb by-product. The trainer that told me about them called them lambs lungs. They are expensive, but because you can break off a small piece easily, they go a long way. They are hard to find though. I buy a 1# bag that costs about $20.00, but because they are so light weight, it is a fairly large bag. My dogs also like BONZ and that is their "nighty cookie" right now. Every once in awhile I will buy them some Snausages. Actually they haven't turned up their nose at any kind of treat! We always have some kind of Milk Bone type dog bisquit in the house.

Genia
12-26-2000, 04:10 PM
Right now I have Iams treats. I've tried Milk Bone, Science Diet and Snausages. Bandit will not touch Snausages, Jeffrey will eat anything.

Phred
12-27-2000, 10:36 AM
Cinder drooling, here... There hasn't been a dog OR kat treat made that I don't like!

And I just love shoppin' at the pet stores with Dad - they allow me to sample anything that falls on the floor. Ya sometimes have to *help* the biskits in the lower bins to "fall" out {grinnn}.

/s/ Cinder http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif

ktreva52
12-29-2000, 03:36 PM
Top treats for the doggies at our house is Pounce Drumstix. Small, semi-moist and the cats and the dog love them and will do about anything for them. You also might try pieces of carrot as treats. They help with doggie breath and cleaning teeth (if needed) and dogs pretty much love them.

RachelJ
12-29-2000, 03:48 PM
Yup, I can't make a salad without two beggars for a slice of carrot. They also like pieces of apple, pear, peach and every day they get a piece of banana. They even will eat cauliflower and brocoli. Oh, I almost forgot pizza crust and Dad is supposed to save them a bit of toast every morning.

[This message has been edited by RachelJ (edited December 29, 2000).]

shais_mom
12-31-2000, 12:23 AM
Ok I tried the carrot and it didn't work.
And I want everyone to know I baked Shai some biscuits!!! Of course the ones I cut with the biscuit cutter I burned and threw them away, but the ones that were circles, she likes!!
They were a milkbone type.
I kinda adlibbed a little bit, I used less margarine and added beef flavored baby food. The next time I may use broth instead of water. BUT she liked them, (hey Mikey) http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

Angels3
01-14-2001, 06:27 PM
I' ve used some of the recipes for home-made dog treats from www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/1011/dog.htm (http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/1011/dog.htm) Our dogs have liked those that I've made & I've noticed that each of our 3 dogs have their favourites.

jackiesdaisy1935
01-14-2001, 06:59 PM
Perry and Miss Daisy love People Crackers made by Pet Life, they are carried by
Petsmart. The crackers are made in the likeness of people, etc mailman. They have learned to sit up, lie down and shake hands thanks to People Crackers.

*BaSim*
01-14-2001, 10:16 PM
Simba really likes Ol' Roy Jerky Strips... thoose are his favorite but then again he likes any kind of snacks... when i find my recipe for the dog snacks that Simba really liked i will post it but i have to serach for it in the house....

------------------
*.:;BaSim;:.*

lhg0962
01-14-2001, 10:20 PM
My girls will eat almost any packaged treat. I got a sample of the onceuponadog treat and they loved it. I thought the people were so nice to ship me the free sample that I ordered two boxes yesterday. they do have great nutrition. Also, I am a sucker for people who have good customer service skills. And these folks do. They even sent a Christmas card with a picture of their two boys and their two Rottweilers. I'm hooked.!!!

Rottie
01-16-2001, 11:07 AM
Carl will eat anything. I don't think he has a favorite. That's such a cool story about that Rottie!

karen israel
01-16-2001, 03:34 PM
Cody will eat ANYTHING too!! He's a little dog piggy. I bought dried beef liver and he suddenly remembers how to sit, come, down, stay..everything he conveniently forgets. He also eats Bonz and dog biscuits. I stopped packaged treats, chicken franks and try to control myself giving him my last bite of anything. He lost another 5 lbs since Dec 28 ..no junk. Apples, oranges, grapes, Rice Krispies are a sometimes extra treat. And his pills wrapped in a bit of liverwurst. I'm going to order from Once UponaDog..great site!!! Thx Shais-mom!

tatsxxx11
01-16-2001, 05:41 PM
That's an easy question to answer. Anything from filet mignon to garbage!! That's my Star. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

karen israel
01-17-2001, 09:43 AM
LOL! And as I've said before, paper products, like used tissue is the BEST!

*BaSim*
02-02-2001, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Genia:
Right now I have Iams treats. I've tried Milk Bone, Science Diet and Snausages. Bandit will not touch Snausages, Jeffrey will eat anything.

NO SNAUSAGES!?!?!? Bandit must be a picky dog because Simba LOVES and will do ANYTHING for Snausages... If i even say Snausages Simba has thoose ears perked up!!