PDA

View Full Version : Harley got sprayed by a skunk!

My Peanuts
09-19-2003, 01:48 PM
I am used to my little Shih Tzu, Angie that thought 10 minutes a day outside was way too much. Now we have Harley and Sylvia and I have to go outside and drag them in. Last night, well actually this morning at 12:30am, Harley got sprayed by a skunk. I let him out and went back for him 5 minutes later and when I opened the door the whole yard smelled and I knew what happened even before I saw Harley. There was yellow stuff on his neck and back. His new leather Harley Davidson collar is ruined and I can't get the stink out of his tags either. My brother and I got most of the smell out, but the Internet said that only time gets rid of it completely. We used baking soda and a little peroxide. Then we filled a spray bottle with water and some mouth wash and then soaped him down. It smelled sooo bad! :eek: It was so strong that is woke my parents out of a sound sleep. Just thought I'd share this with all of you :)

Cinder & Smoke
09-19-2003, 02:44 PM
There is another *fresh* Skunque Thread - just a few days old,
so we won't repeat - take a look here for Remedies...

:eek: Skunk!! (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34287)

PS: You left out one of the Key Ingredients
in the Skunque Juze -
You also need Liquid Dishwashing SOAP! :p

My Peanuts
09-19-2003, 02:46 PM
oh, sorry I must have missed that thread. :p

dukedogsmom
09-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Poor doggy! I know that must really stink up close. Smells bad enough driving down the road.