PDA

View Full Version : Cubby is going to my mom's for the weekend

cubby31682
09-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Well hubby and I have decided to take a little weekend getaway. My mom will be taking him for the weekend. I trust my mom with Cubby I just don't trust everyone that comes in her house. I told her if to many people show up (more than 5) to lock Cubby up in her bedroom. He isn't very people friendly or kid friendly. I also explained to her that, if any kids even if it's just one comes over he needs to be put in her bedroom. I don't want Cubby to try and attack any kids. He tried to attack my nephew already so after I saw him do that he got locked up for the rest of the time my nephew was here. I gave my mom a list of rules over the phone. Which I think she got very tired of listening to me. But oh well Cubby is my baby. He has only been away from me once and my hubby was home with him for those two weeks that I was gone. Ok I think I'm done with my rant/ worry.

Katie
P.S sorry for going on and on and on and......

nodgeness
09-19-2003, 12:08 PM
You'll have a great trip & Cubby will have a fun time too!
I am the same way when I go on little trips!

Logan
09-19-2003, 12:13 PM
I'm sure your mom will handle Cubby, just fine. Have a great "getaway" weekend with your husband. :)

cubby31682
09-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Thank you! My mom is the one who gave me Cubby. I just worry about how others will treat my Cubby. Like I said before I don't trust to many people with Cubby but my mom is the one person I can trust while I am gone.

slick
09-19-2003, 01:19 PM
Can you leave Cubby at home and have your Mom cover over to spend some time with him?? Would that make you feel better??

nodgeness
09-19-2003, 04:18 PM
Slick that's a very good idea, since she's worried about to many people being around.

My cats both would rather stay @ home because that's what is familiar to them. Actually Squeak would rather be @ home & Bernie would rather be w/ us :D

Cataholic
09-19-2003, 05:48 PM
It is difficult to leave our furkids, isn't it? I think Cubby will enjoy his weekend get-a-way, and be all ready for home, about the same time you will be!

Enjoy your weekend.

cubby31682
09-19-2003, 05:59 PM
He wont be coming home until after he goes to the vet on Tuesday. I don't think he is going to be very happy with us after this whole weekend get a way thing.

Katie

catmandu
09-20-2003, 09:42 AM
I think that your mother visiting Cubby is a better idea as Cubby wont have to get used tp a new place , with new people! cats dont like Changes!

cubby31682
09-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Well I'm home now. And of course I had to learn the hard way. I did take him to my Mom's house. He only came out from 'hiding' while they were making dinner.

Before I left their house to go on our little weekend-get-a-way, I was holding him and all the sudden I felt my clothes getting a little warm. I put him down and looked down at my shirt and noticed he urinated on me! I looked down at my hand and noticed there was some blood in my hand. I freakled out. We almost didn't go on our trip. I called the vet and told them what just happened. They told me they couldn't get him in at the time. And they told me to wait until his vet appointment (which is Tuesday.) They also explained to me that if he starts screaming and crying really loud and his ears get really hot to take him into the emergency vets office.

So all in all I was glad I took him to my Mom's house. Other wise I wouldn't have known if he would have needed to go to the emergency vets office. He never had to go (thank god for that) but he wouldn't go potty or eat anything. They tried to give him steak and canned cat food and treats. They gave him a few of his toys but he was not intrested. He would just hiss at them. (Yep that's my boy!) As soon as I got there he looked at me let me pet him and started to purrrrrrr. He was happy his mom was home. We are home now and he is very happy to be home, back to his house where he can roam as he wants, eat when and where he wants. And so on.

But I have to say I had a great time on my trip. And I am glad my mom was there to watch him and make sure he didn't get any sicker while I was gone. She makes quilts so we think he might have got a little poke by one of the pins in the quilt she was working on and maybe that was where the blood came from. I explained all of this to the vet and she didn't seem to be to worried. He was acting normal all week and right up until he seen his box.

I will let everyone know what goes on at the vet on Tuesday with this issue as well as the others.

Katie

P.S. Next time we go on a trip he is staying home and she will be coming over here to watch him for me. I have learned my lesson. Thank you everyone for your advice. I also took lots of pictures and will be posting those as soon as I get them developed.