PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone ringer

PJ's Mom
09-19-2003, 10:00 AM
Since it seems that almost everyone has a cell phone these days, and because a lot of people have spiffy ringtones that they've downloaded, I was wondering how yours rings. (Ok, so I'm bored) :D

Mine plays the theme from the movie Halloween I'm sick of it, but I'll probably leave it until Halloween actually gets here. :D

You?

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-19-2003, 10:01 AM
Scotland The Brave!

(Used to be "I Try" by Macy Gray, but my son messed it up:rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
09-19-2003, 10:09 AM
Mine just rings regular now, but I have had a ton of different songs, from the Rolling Stones to N'Sync, and many others. My favorite, although it was the most annoying, was when I had "Funkytown" on there--I would crack up every time the phone rang:)

Logan
09-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Mine doesn't have interesting options, in my opinion. It sounds like a doorbell when it rings! LOL!!!

But my husband can make his ring differently for people he has stored in his memory. For a little while he had "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" from the Wizard of Oz when his ex-wife called! We thought it was funny, but probably not too good if the kids heard it! :o So he changed it and now has something like Batman theme.

Dakota's Mommy
09-19-2003, 01:30 PM
I haven't downloaded any so I just keep it as one of the normal Nokia options that is on the phone. Working at a college, I've noticed though that some people have really annoying ones! But, I guess if that's what they like!

binka_nugget
09-19-2003, 01:40 PM
Mine's "dream a dream" from the dance game, DDR. I'm kinda getting sick of it but mehh..mine's barely ever on anyways.

bluekat
09-19-2003, 01:44 PM
I never downloaded any.....I want to though, but I'm not sure if my phone is able to do that:p So I just use the ones they give you, I change it like every 3 days:rolleyes:
I want a new cell phone, but they won't let me change it until next summer:mad: :( Its part of the plan thing

Cookiebaker
09-19-2003, 02:39 PM
On Mark's cell phone, he can program it to ring differently depending on who is calling him. So when I call him from home, its Knick Knack Paddy Whack Give a Dog a Bone

hehehe

gini
09-19-2003, 02:49 PM
I want to share a funny story about a cell phone ringer. I don't give out my cell phone number to anyone but family and very close friends.

My brother told me that he had been trying to reach me on my cell phone. I know it was on......and didn't understand how I missed the call.

I realized that something was wrong with the ringer and took it back to the store. Sure enough - it was faulty and they gave me a new phone.

I went off to do some shopping and stopped to have a quick salad. I was sitting there eating and could hear this cell phone ring and ring. My thought was, good grief - answer the phone for heavens sake.

Then it dawned on me - I had not heard my cell phone ring for so long, that it never occurred to me that IT WAS MY PHONE RINGING.

I think my brother called me a DITZ!

PJ's Mom
09-19-2003, 02:53 PM
LOL

Before I forget, go here (http://www.mrtones.com/) for free ringtones that you can program yourself. There are other sites, but this one's the best. ;)

Chinadoll
09-19-2003, 03:00 PM
The main ring on my phone is theme music from the cartoon, Animaniacs. For unknown callers it rings with the Mission Impossible theme song.

As a joke, I used to have a witch cackling as the ring for when my Mother called. She wasn't too thrilled when she heard it! ;)

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...that's hysterical. I'm going to have to find that for my friend. He would love to have that as the ring for his ex-wife!

gini
09-19-2003, 03:06 PM
When my nephew's phone rings, and it is his mother - the read out says "here comes trouble."

(I would die if she ever read this!)

Cheshirekatt
09-19-2003, 03:09 PM
Mine is the theme to the 'Muppet Show'.

dukedogsmom
09-19-2003, 07:33 PM
I have different songs for different people so I know exactly who's calling. Main ring is No Letting Go by Wayne Wonder. Sprint is the greatest!!

RubyMutt
09-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Mine's "Ride of the Valkyries" :D

I love it :)

mugsy
09-19-2003, 08:45 PM
Mine is Waltzing Matilda

zippy-kat
09-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Mine is a wolf whistle.

I was out of town a couple weeks ago when my mother called me. Wouldn't have been too funny except for the fact that I was in the Barnes & Nobles BATHROOM!! :eek: :D (The ladies in the stalls next to mine got a kick out of it. lol)

koxka
09-20-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Mine is a wolf whistle.

I was out of town a couple weeks ago when my mother called me. Wouldn't have been too funny except for the fact that I was in the Barnes & Nobles BATHROOM!! :eek: :D (The ladies in the stalls next to mine got a kick out of it. lol)

LOL , that's a good one :D

I would like to have a good loud meow when calling from home, people would expect to see a kitty when the cellphome goes out of the handbag.:D

Pam
09-20-2003, 06:40 AM
One day while I was working a co-worker asked if I had her cell phone # and I told her no and she asked if it was OK if she programmed it in (I was busy - she was goofing off :) ) so I said sure. Well she never told me that she changed the song and the first time someone called me after that I almost didn't answer because I didn't recognize the tune. It is now "Take me out to the ball game" and I sort of like it now. ;)

Sevens
09-20-2003, 06:58 AM
I can't do those neat ringtones on mine, it's a boring OLD Nextel phone.

Logan, that whole "ding dong the witch is dead" for the ex-wife....LOL!

cloverfdx
09-20-2003, 09:31 AM
i have mozart on my phone at the moment

and i cannot download ringtones to my phone it is a crappy Alcatel pre-paid , i need a new phone despretly

tomkatzid
09-20-2003, 09:48 AM
we both have "Take Me Out To The Ball Game",
GO MARINERS:D :D

Blustang24
09-20-2003, 11:44 AM
I have the Inspector Gadget theme song on my Nextel.