PDA

View Full Version : MAD....I've been taken for $ on the iternet

Fox-Gal
09-18-2003, 08:12 PM
I don't know if theres anything I can do but, I have been taking for $400 from a online store.

I'll give you the short version of it. Sense this has been a 2 month on going thing, I know you don't want to hear the long version.

I own a RX-7 and needed some injectors for it, they are not cheap, so I did a search and found some at a good price. I even called them to make sure that these injectores would go in my car, sense mine are not common. They told me no problem they will work fine, so I ordered them. Well a few week went by and I called to see whats up.....Answer machine came on. I left a message. next day same thing and the next and the next etc. Finaly got ahold of them, they said they where on back order....ok I wait. Again weeks later I call, back to the answer machine thing again. At no time in all my messages did they ever call me back. In e-mails they tell me there been send, they another e-mail there not sent, so on and so on. Lots of lies.

Of course they charged my card the day I ordered them. Now almost 2 months into this, out $400, I get them in the mail.
They are the wrong injectors So I call again. You'll never guess what.....yep back to the answer machine again and never a call back. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't know what to do next. Can I get them for fraud or something? I want my money back of course but if I can't get a hold of them, how do I get my money back.

Any one have a clue what next I can do? There's got to be some thing or someone that controls fraud of online stores.

Mean while I have to put out another $600 for injectors. I need my car to run.

I'm so mad :mad: :mad:

Karen
09-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Keep a record of everything. Report them to the Better Business Bureau. Find out as much as you can about the site. If possible, email their ISP, email Internic (the main Domian Name registrar) and your State's attorney general. Fraud is fraud is fraud.

Call your credit card company and explain to them, maybe they can help you take action.

Just my 2 cents.

micki76
09-18-2003, 08:26 PM
Many cc companies will not make you pay (temporarily) if you are unhappy and will try to rectify the problem with the merchant. Sometimes there’s a limit on how long you have to file a complaint, though.

Cookiebaker
09-18-2003, 08:30 PM
I would definitely fight the charge with the credit card company! Even if you have already paid the bill, I think they can still help you.

Fox-Gal
09-18-2003, 08:41 PM
I but it on my bank debit card so I wasn't sure if that works the same as my CC. I'll call tomorrow and ask? I was just told there was a time limit on these things and sense it been 2 months now my limits up. Maybe this person was wrong....I hope. Thats kind of why I thought they stalled me for so long, long enough where I couldn't fight the charges.

I know my CC company is good about these things just not sure about the bank. From now on CC ONLY!!

Chinadoll
09-18-2003, 11:44 PM
Depends on your bank. When my purse got stolen, out of all my credit cards the jerks used my debit card. After I cancelled all my cards, I filed a fraud report with my bank and they reversed the charges. Calll your bank and see what they say. Good Luck!

dukedogsmom
09-19-2003, 03:59 AM
Don't let those crooks get away with that! I would definately contact the BBB. Also, you can find out who manages the site and some addresses, etc by going here: www.networksolutions.com and clicking up in the upper right hand corner on who is. Then you type in the web page address. Hope that helps.

gini
09-19-2003, 02:39 PM
I agree with everyone here. Be very proactive about this. Contact your bank - go there in person - go to the top - manager or whatever.

Be sure to write down the date/time/person etc. that you talk to as you try to get this resolved.

Take the time to write down all of the events in order from the time you contacted the vendor, who you talked to - date of shipment - date of charge.

They must be stopped - because obviously they are doing this with other people too.

Fox-Gal
09-19-2003, 05:06 PM
Thanks everyone, I contacted the bank today and they are going to send me the paper work to fill out. I also filled out a complaint with the BBB, they say it should take 30 days or so before anything gets started. Mean while I have called the company again and as noramal they don't answer.

This is way I have always hated shopping on the internet. The problem is I live so far out in no mans land that to get the things I need, the internet is the only way. Locally to get what I needed, it would have been a 2 hour drive. Our town doesn't have a lot for modified sports cars, like this one. Maybe I should be more normal and drive a SUV. ;) But I enjoy the looks when I drive down the road. :D

dukedogsmom, thanks for the site, i'm going now to check it out.

Tonya
09-21-2003, 06:13 PM
We bought a computer on EBAY last year and got taken. :mad: We paid an extra $300 for some upgrades that we didn't recieve. It makes me so mad that I want to fly to Texas where this stupid company is.