PDA

View Full Version : 2 rats for sale

wolfsoul
09-18-2003, 07:02 PM
My dad and his gf are giving up their two female rats. I think it is for the best, considering they don't take great care of them. The rats stay in their cage all day and aren't allowed out because they "make a mess," and they are living off of "rat food" *ahem seed mix.*

I haven't seen Fink since she was 4 weeks old, but if I remember correctly, she is a champagne. I can't remember, but I believe she was a velveteen.

I haven't seen Splinter, but from the description I got, she sounds like a blazed black self.

I'm not sure how old Splinter is, but Fink was born in July last year, so she's just over a year old.

They are both very friendly and loving, and need good homes to take care of them. They aren't really "for sale" but I need someone who can pay for shipping. I would prefer them not to be shipped...but if it gives them a good home...:o Unfortunatly they don't come witht their tank because they are being replaced with fish. :mad:

I'm really desperate to find them a home, because if I don't find one soon, I'm sure my dad will take the rats to the petshop. Please don't let them go to that horrible place. :( :( :(

Will anyone please take these girls?

tikeyas_mom
09-21-2003, 03:10 PM
omg That is soo sad jordan, I am guessing that your mother wont let you take them. :(:( I wish I could take them, but I dont have enough room for another rat cage. Pluse my mom would never allow it.. I prey they find a good home soon..

wolfsoul
09-21-2003, 03:25 PM
You're right, my mom is mean, she'd never say yes. :(

They offered the rats to me. They're like "they would have nice babies." I'm like, that's ok...I don't need any babies...

So they said that they want me to find someone to take them. My dad's gf said that she wants someone like me to take them..someone who loves animals. So I thought it best to post here, but I don't think anyone here wants them. :(

GoldenRetrLuver
09-21-2003, 03:28 PM
You know I would take them Jordan. :( But I'm all the way down in CA...and I doubt my parents would say yes. :(

Good luck finding them a home though.

tikeyas_mom
09-21-2003, 09:53 PM
where is luckies?? she might be able to help!!

binka_nugget
09-22-2003, 01:18 PM
I wish I could help. But you know what my mom would say/do..

Good luck little ratties

lv4dogs
09-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Where are they?

luckies4me
09-23-2003, 10:34 AM
Ok well I am still trying to pull a few strings. I may be able to get them into my friends home until I can arrange to meet her at the border. I just emailed her again yesterday and am waiting for a response! :)

wolfsoul
09-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Ok well I am still trying to pull a few strings. I may be able to get them into my friends home until I can arrange to meet her at the border. I just emailed her again yesterday and am waiting for a response! :)
Thanks so much for trying to help, you're an angel! :) I really hope that you can take them, I know that you'd take wonderful care of them!

Iv4dogs, they are in Kelowna BC Canada.

Desert Arabian
09-23-2003, 03:57 PM
If Luckies can't take them, you need to make a thread on the Rat Fan Club Adoption Center and the Petfinder.com Classified section (it's free). I guarentee you will find them a good home through those boards...that's how I found homes for my 11 babies.

:)

wolfsoul
09-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Oooh, that;s a good idea YLL, I might just do that! :)

I talked to my dad's gf -- I asked her about it, and told her all about you Cass. She hasn't given me a straight answer yet, just says that you must be crazy to have so many rats. :o Lol. I still haven't mentioned the whole...you being out of the country...:o

wolfsoul
10-16-2003, 12:24 PM
Well, I still have no idea what's happening. She told me that she wanted to get rid of them. Now whenever I talk about it, she changes the subject or ignores it.

The other day she told me that the rats are starting to bite everyone. I told her that it's probably because they aren't used to being touched anymore and they are either being defensive or territorial. :(