PDA

View Full Version : Tutoring

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-18-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm debating on this topic still. I'm applying to be a tutor for the local Elementry school in my town, close to my house. It would be from 3:15-5:00pm Monday-Wednesday. Guess what? It even pays! $6.30 an hour!

Do you think I should? I mean, I used to go to that Elem. school, why not?

PepperRSM
09-18-2003, 03:53 PM
I think it sounds fun! What grades would you tutor? Money...pay...that's def. a good thing! :)

slleipnir
09-18-2003, 04:15 PM
If its something you enjoy, then yes :) It would be good experience as well

Tonya
09-18-2003, 05:14 PM
I think that is cool. My husband and I have been talking about getting a tutor for our son. Sometimes kids need the extra help and they don't always want it from their parents.

mugsy
09-18-2003, 05:40 PM
Go for it. There is lots of evidence that peers teaching peers works extremely well. Good luck and let us know.

binka_nugget
09-18-2003, 06:37 PM
If you wanna do it, go for it! It's a great way to gain experience (people skills) and like Mugsy said, I find that if someone my age tutors me rather than someone older, it's alot easier to understand for some reason.

Uabassoon
09-18-2003, 07:28 PM
I think you should do it, it will be good for you in many different ways. Of course the obvious, you will be getting paid but it will also make you feel good to help someone who needs it. Personally I can't think of anything reason why you should do it, it won't take up that much time and you'll have some extra money to spend

Aspen and Misty
09-18-2003, 07:30 PM
I tutor! Only I do it for free, lol, btu if I got payed I do it even more! LOL

I LOVE tutoring! Sooo much!!! It's wonderful!!
:D The kids are great and the teacher I work for is really really nice!

I'd go for it!

Ash

micki76
09-18-2003, 07:35 PM
If yu can keep up with your schoolwork and you other responsibilities, then I say go fot it. You may really enjoy it! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-19-2003, 10:05 AM
If you have the right personality, and you enjoy it, I'd say GO FOR IT! I teach ESL (English Second Language) - it is VERY rewarding when someone says "Thank You" with a big smile on their face, and you know that you have helped them and have made a difference in their life!

Dakota's Mommy
09-19-2003, 01:28 PM
As everybody else is saying, I think you should do it if you are interested and if you think you can keep up with it and your own responsibilities! It sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you!

ticosmyham
09-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Rock on Megan! I would totally volunteer, with you, but my guitar lessons just won't allow it! Sorry, my flying v comes first! lol But you should definatley do it!