luckies4me
09-18-2003, 01:58 PM
Is anyone else going to watch Survivor tonight? lol :D

slick
09-18-2003, 01:59 PM
I'm there!! Can't wait.

luckies4me
09-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Me either! hehe. :p Only 8 more hours to go!!!!

Kfamr
09-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Nope.

Christiansmommy
09-18-2003, 02:04 PM
My husband and I are obsessed with that show...i can't wait!! Only thing is on Thursday nights now i am going to be at my church, so i will be taping each Thursday...but then i can fast forward through commercials!!! I hate commercials when i watch that show!!!

Yeah, can't wait!!

Jeff Probst (sp?) was on Wayne Brady today...it was pretty funny.

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 02:27 PM
YES!!!!

it's just like office politics while camping!!!

catland
09-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
YES!!!!

it's just like office politics while camping!!!

I never thought of it that way. Makes much more sense now. Still, I'll probably not watch it - we'll probably watch a Sci-Fi DVD instead - you know - something grounded in reality.

slleipnir
09-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Tonight?!? Yes!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2003, 03:23 PM
Yep! My beady little eyes will be glued on it. They have been showing commercial clips of it. WHY is that man wearing a dress? Can't wait to find out.:D

luckies4me
09-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Huh?!! There's a man wearing a dress? LOL I haven't seen any of the commercials yet!

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Huh?!! There's a man wearing a dress? LOL I haven't seen any of the commercials yet!

they asked the suvivors to dress up for a photo op and then told them they had to go dressed as they were, no food , luxury items or anything...
i think the guy borrowed the dress;)

anna_66
09-18-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Is anyone else going to watch Survivor tonight? lol :D
You better believe I am:D

Miss Meow
09-18-2003, 03:57 PM
Has it been on yet?

Has it been on yet?

Has it been on yet?

Our coverage doesn't start until 29 Sept, so we'll be behind NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Has it been on yet?

Has it been on yet?

Has it been on yet?

Our coverage doesn't start until 29 Sept, so we'll be behind NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

that stinks.....
i promise i won't spoil it for you!

Miss Meow
09-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Oh no, that's OK. Last time we were a week behind, but got three episodes in a week at the end to catch up!

I heard that someone lobbed up in a party dress with no underwear??? :eek:

luckies4me
09-18-2003, 04:12 PM
WOW Nicole! That's a long time to wait. :eek:

anna_66
09-18-2003, 05:35 PM
I heard that someone lobbed up in a party dress with no underwear??? :eek:
That should be interesting:o

dukedogsmom
09-18-2003, 07:01 PM
I have been waiting all summer for this! It's on now and it's going to be great! Did anyone get to see the Inside Survivor on Vh1? It was good. Jeff said he didn't care for this one guy named John I think his last name is Dunn. Anyway, said he ran his mouth too much.
And, that boyscout woman looks like a real dork.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-18-2003, 07:14 PM
He stole their SHOES!! Lmao... what a mean man...

KYS
09-18-2003, 07:20 PM
Yes, I'll be watching if I don't fall asleep. :rolleyes:

luckies4me
09-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
He stole their SHOES!! Lmao... what a mean man...

SHUSH! Don't spoil it for those of us having not seen it yet! Thanks!

luckies4me
09-18-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I have been waiting all summer for this! It's on now and it's going to be great! Did anyone get to see the Inside Survivor on Vh1? It was good. Jeff said he didn't care for this one guy named John I think his last name is Dunn. Anyway, said he ran his mouth too much.
And, that boyscout woman looks like a real dork.

Yes, I saw that! It was very funny. I remember being so happy when Ethan one!:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-18-2003, 08:16 PM
LOL I saw the man in the skirt... lmao..

*Staying QUIET!*

slleipnir
09-18-2003, 08:24 PM
THANK YOU LUCKIES!!! I love you!!!! lol, I never would have known it had started without your thread! I haven't been watching ANY TV lately (minus 2 shows once a week lol..)

It was good! I'm so glad its on again, tis the bestest show :D

wolfsoul
09-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Yes, I'm watching it. But I'm more excited about the Friends premeire next week. :D

If anyone is interested, the Without a Trace premeire is on tonight on the same channel. It should be right after Survivor.

luckies4me
09-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
THANK YOU LUCKIES!!! I love you!!!! lol, I never would have known it had started without your thread! I haven't been watching ANY TV lately (minus 2 shows once a week lol..)

It was good! I'm so glad its on again, tis the bestest show :D

Your welcome! :D

Rachel
09-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Of course I watched it. I am so glad it has started up as Big Brother is drawing to a close and I would have been going through Realty TV withdrawal without it...that is at least until The Bachelor starts up again.

From what I saw tonight, it promises to be a far more real reality. The very first Survivor, I swear they all had wardrobe and laundry service as they had so many different outfits and always looked so clean.

luckies4me
09-18-2003, 11:37 PM
I loved this first episode. It looks like it is going to very interesting next week as well. Can't wait! :D

wolf_Q
09-18-2003, 11:45 PM
I had to watch it too...thanks for the heads up Luckies...I knew it was coming up but forgot when.

The guy who stole the shoes and was wearing the skirt was hilarious. :D Now the morons who decided to run naked...not funny, just stupid. Honestly I don't think it was a matter of holding pants up, it was a matter of showing it all off. :rolleyes:

luckies4me
09-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Now the morons who decided to run naked...not funny, just stupid. Honestly I don't think it was a matter of holding pants up, it was a matter of showing it all off. :rolleyes:

I totally agree with you on that one! Dorks! :rolleyes: But I guess that's guy's for ya. :confused:

dukedogsmom
09-19-2003, 03:53 AM
I think this is going to be one of the best Survivors in a while. The first episode was great! Love Rupert.

anna_66
09-19-2003, 07:28 AM
I think this is going to be one of the best Survivors in a while. The first episode was great! Love Rupert.
I so totally agree! I really like the Drake team. On the last Survivor I never really connected with any of the people or teams, but the Drake team....oh yeah!

Christiansmommy
09-19-2003, 08:56 AM
Yes, i really like the Drake team!! And Rupert is sooo funny...as of now, i want him to win :)

Of course our power went off (due to hurricane Isabella) last night at 8pm!!, and we had my mom tape it and drove to her house last night to pick it up and watched it around 11pm...got to fast forward through commercials!! :)

luckies4me
09-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Is Rupert the hippy guy?

Did you see the previews for next week though? He supposedly gets po'd at the other guy and breaks their fishing spear! I don't care how mad you are at someone, you DO NOT break their only spear that inables you to catch fish. Now the whole tribe is going to go hungry because of his nasty attitude. I hope he gets voted off after that little stunt!:mad:

Logan
09-19-2003, 10:33 AM
I've never watched it. Probably won't, but you guys have fun! :)

slick
09-19-2003, 11:20 AM
I've never laughed so hard in my life (except for reading Richard's posts..). That Rupert is gas but he won't last long because he doesn't have the stamina to get through it. I noticed he was bearing a wedding ring.....shudder......

I also found it amusing that yesterday's theme at Dick's Place matched Survivor. Fate or what???

momoffuzzyfaces
09-19-2003, 11:41 AM
It certainly looks interesting: only the first show and they all ready had 3 naked men running around and one in a dress. I sure got a chuckle out of that one!:D

wolfsoul
09-19-2003, 11:51 AM
I really like Sandra. I thought that was totally cool how she spoke Spanish and got some good deals, I bet she scored some "staying points" that way. ;)

I thought it was hilarious when Rupert took the shoes. :D

Was I the only one, or did anyone else notice that exact same dog in the background? It was like following them around or something! :eek:

luckies4me
09-19-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul

I thought it was hilarious when Rupert took the shoes. :D

I thought was was very rude, and if someone did that to me I would kick him right where it mattered!!! :mad: I don't care if it's a game, but that will get him kicked off in the end, especially since he breaks their spear on the next episode! He annoys the crap out of me, coming off so high and mighty. He has no physical stamina, and it not an asset to the tribe at all in my opinion.

wolfsoul
09-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Well, it might just be me, but I'd do alot more than steal shoes for a million dollars! :D

Christiansmommy
09-19-2003, 12:48 PM
I dont know that i would personally steal the shoes, b/c i would feel guilty, even though it is a survivor game, but i thought it was good thinking on his part...he got some good stuff for trading them, for his team...its all about surviving. I just kinda like the guy, b/c he is a counselor/mentor for troubled teens and i think that is a respectable job...so he must have a good heart, but he could change later in the game...we'll soon find out :rolleyes:

RICHARD
09-19-2003, 02:12 PM
The interesting thing about the show is that you
HAVE to suspend all the regular rules in everyday life......

politeness and decorum get tossed out the door!

Check this out.....

Probst doesn't give you rules-
he just explains what you have to do.

Notice one group tossed stuff in the trailing group's path...

Me? i would have taken a dirt nap in front of their cannon....

:D

slick
09-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Coming into work this morning I heard alot of jokes on the radio about the Mortician.
"Hey is that a dead chicken??? I don't care if it smells foul, give it to me and I'll clean it!"

As for Rupert, I just howled when he took the shoes. Sure it was dirty play but what he said and the look on his face cracked me up (no pun intended :D :D )

luckies4me
09-19-2003, 03:20 PM
If it were me, I would steal for my team too, but I still find it rude and I would STILL probably go kick him in his nards if I had the chance! But to benefit my team, I would most likely do anything.

BUT..........this guy does not seem like a caring individual to me, just look how he talked about the younger guy. If he works with troubled teens he would be there trying to help him not making fun of him. :rolleyes:

And personally, anyone who breaks our only fishing spear would be gone in a heartbeat, but I guess everyone missed the part where he got so pissed off that he took it out on the whole tribe???????? Looks as if he has some issues of his own.

PepperRSM
09-19-2003, 03:44 PM
I think it was a smart idea for him to steal the shoes, it totally benifited for their team. Why would you be polite to the other team? It's not like they get to vote you out. This is kinda the point of the game....to have your team win. :rolleyes:
I mean, the other team was stupid enough to just leave their stuff by a person from the other team anyway
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p

luckies4me
09-19-2003, 03:53 PM
The tribes merge at the end, so yes, there is always a chance one of those people will be voting you out! Plus I don't think he did that good selling them. He only got one pineapple for a shoe! Anyways, I just don't like the guy.

Rachel
09-19-2003, 05:23 PM
That's the neat thing about the show...people's true personalities come out under the pressure of these situations. Sometimes you start out liking a person and then later on find out that they are not so nice or smart or whatever.

dukedogsmom
09-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Well, it might just be me, but I'd do alot more than steal shoes for a million dollars! :D
I agree! It's all or nothing in this game. If you don't do it, someone else will do it to you. You're not on there to win friends and influence people.

luckies4me
09-19-2003, 07:54 PM
I agree! It's all or nothing in this game. If you don't do it, someone else will do it to you. You're not on there to win friends and influence people.

WRONG! You may not be there to win friends but you are there having everyone look at you judging you to see if in the end you will be truthful to them, therefor covering your own a$$ in the end.

What happens if one of those on the other tribe remember him stealing their shoes, and after the merge they want nothing to do with him? It's not just two seperate tribes people, they watch eachother like hawks. They pay very close attention to the other tribes in order to make alliances after the tribes merge. They don't stay SINGLE forever you know!

RubyMutt
09-19-2003, 08:31 PM
How does the other tribe know that he stole the shoes? For all they know, it could have been some villager. I thought it was a good move :) I'm all for the Drake tribe, although I don't know how much more I'll be watching it since it will be on the same time as the final episodes of Friends!! :eek: What a dilemma! especially since our VCR is a piece of crap and doesn't record sound :o

luckies4me
09-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Of course, if they didn't know it doesn't matter. :p

Miss Meow
09-19-2003, 10:24 PM
ARGHHHHHHHH we don't get the first episode for over a week.

I must live vicariously through you all, and impress my workmates because I know what's going on ;)

wolfsoul
09-20-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
I'm all for the Drake tribe, although I don't know how much more I'll be watching it since it will be on the same time as the final episodes of Friends!! :eek: What a dilemma! especially since our VCR is a piece of crap and doesn't record sound :o
That's no good! :( You can't miss Friends! :eek: I'm lucky to have an aunt downstairs that tapes things for us. :p

If you're desperate I can tape one or the other for you and send you the tapes. :) You are like right under me so it shouldn't cost too much to send, you'd just have to make sure to send the tapes back. ;)

puppygrrl4eva7
09-20-2003, 06:17 PM
Ugg I liked the first Survivor, but after the third I got so sick of it.........:rolleyes:

Amber
09-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Ugg I liked the first Survivor, but after the third I got so sick of it.........
Me Too!....But my mom is Crazy about the show. It kinda gets old after a while.

luckies4me
09-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Ok! Come on survivor fans! :p

Only an hour left til it starts here! :D

slleipnir
09-26-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Amber
Me Too!....But my mom is Crazy about the show. It kinda gets old after a while.

:o So, I guess I'm crazy :p :rolleyes: That is, watching all seasons every epi..LOL They change it a little each time to make it diff ;)

slick
09-26-2003, 03:30 PM
I taped it last night so I get to watch it when I get home. Can hardly wait!!

Christiansmommy
09-26-2003, 03:40 PM
We taped it too, and watched it last night after our son went to bed...i love this show!! :)

luckies4me
09-26-2003, 04:12 PM
Ok I guess I was wrong, it was the other guy who broke the spear. The Drake team kicks butt! The other team seem so weak, don't you think?

I can't believe they actually found the spear head though! :eek:

Crikit
09-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Here's something scary my best friends boyfriend reminds me so much of Rupert it's not even funny, he to through's hissy fits over silly things like spears...only his was an exacto knife and not a spear but still.

Loving the Drake team though.

Miss Meow
09-30-2003, 01:15 AM
We finally got the first episode last night - it was excellent! All your comments about naked men, shoe stealers and dorky boy scout leaders now make sense! :D

Rupert reminds me of my wildman younger brother crossed with Barney Gumble on The Simpsons.

How large is Osten's ego??? I swear if I see his butt crack once more, I'll need a bucket in front of me for the next episodes, blerk!!! :eek:

And I really don't like Jon(?), the younger guy with blonde hair who thinks he's really funny. That wears thin quickly.

I'm excited! :)

anna_66
09-30-2003, 06:48 AM
Don't worry Nicole, you'll get to see Osten's butt crack quite a few more times;)
This one seems like it's going to be really good, doesn't it?!
Glad you finally got to see it:D

captain
12-14-2003, 05:04 PM
So, come on USA ........... you must be watching the final!!!

We see it tonight ................... :D

I must say I enjoyed this Survivor alot. :D

dukedogsmom
12-14-2003, 05:20 PM
I can't stand Jonnie Fairplay, as he calls himself. And what he did during this made me so mad plus it wasn't fair to the others. Since you haven't seen any more I won't say anything else. I'm really looking forward to tonight's finale. Wonder who will win?

captain
12-14-2003, 05:34 PM
Val,

We are at the final four stage - so I know about Jonnie NON FAIRplay! They say survivor is about tactics and strategy ....... which I certainly DON"T think his game was ...... :D

carole
12-14-2003, 06:02 PM
I am also not a fan of John, but I like Rupert, I want him to win, despite what others have said on here, really enjoying the show,better than the others, I kinda lost interest with those. ROLL ON SURVIVOR, I think its on tonight or tomorrow night here, and we seem to be up to date with the episodes..

luckies4me
12-14-2003, 06:05 PM
I really wonder who will win. Too bad Rupert got voted out. I really did start to like him, and wanted him to win. However, when he was kicked off I did not like his response. Not something a youth councelor should be saying. :rolleyes:

I would like any of the women to win, but, if they are smart they will keep Jon in the final two, so they have a better chance of winning. ;)

dukedogsmom
12-14-2003, 06:09 PM
If Lil or Jon wins, I'll be very unhappy. Lil is an idiot and shouldn't even have come back. I can't stand her whining and that uniform, ugh.

carole
12-14-2003, 06:22 PM
Oh dear looks like we are a few episodes behind, now you guys spoiled it for me, oh well that will teach me to look in here, lol, is lil the scout leader? she comes back huh?

captain
12-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Carole,

How many people do you still have in your current Episode of Survivor there?

Aussie is down to the final four ..........

dukedogsmom
12-14-2003, 08:01 PM
So far, it's not going as I wanted.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-14-2003, 08:38 PM
I'm for Lill all the way. I love her. Sandra... *shudder* I hate her.

carole
12-14-2003, 08:44 PM
I Cannot remember all of their names captain, but Rupert is still there, maybe this week he will get ousted out.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-14-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by carole
I Cannot remember all of their names captain, but Rupert is still there, maybe this week he will get ousted out.

Wow! You guys are being held back! The finals are on tonight! *shuts up so she doesn't spoil anything else*

carole
12-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Yes QUIET PLEASE!!!! lol, I vaguley remember talking to Robin I think on yahoo, and she commented on whether I liked Survivor, it had not even started at that stage, so we are a few weeks behind, but ahead of Miss Meow by the sounds of it, right I am not gonna peek here anymore, otherwise it won't be worth watching any more.:eek:

Miss Meow
12-14-2003, 09:43 PM
I was almost too scared to open this thread, just in case the winner was announced ... ;)

I love this series. The arrogance of the men assuming the women will support them, the stupidity of the women who can't maintain a plan for more than five minutes, the scout leader can't fend for herself, oh it's all too much!!!

The final is tonight - yeah :D

Did you know a 'best of' type Survivor is being filmed? It features contestants from previous survivors, including Rupert from this series, and Ethan (swoon ;)) from a while ago. Can't wait!

slleipnir
12-15-2003, 12:10 AM
I love survivor <3 The final epi was good, I'm glad who won. Er..I better wait to make sure you all saw it before I say anything else..lol

wolf_Q
12-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Yay!! I'm happy she won! :D

RICHARD
12-15-2003, 01:16 PM
The arrogance of the men assuming the women will support them, the stupidity of the women who can't maintain a plan for more than five minutes, the scout leader can't fend for herself, oh it's all too much!!!

I think you have it backwards....

Isn't it men that can't keep a plan for 5???;)

luckies4me
12-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Um, Amy............LOL. :p

Well the person I wanted to win, did!

BTW, I am trying out for the next one. :o :D

dukedogsmom
12-15-2003, 05:35 PM
I'm so happy they won! They really deserved it. Yippee!

Miss Meow
12-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Sorry, but I was disappointed, really disappointed. But I'll keep coming back for more and more ;)

slleipnir
12-15-2003, 09:58 PM
Oops, I guess not everyone saw it, so if you dont want to know who won then don't highlight the following:

---------SPOILER - HIGHLIGHT TO READ -------
I'm glad Sandra won, but I was starting (believe it or not) to feel that Jon deserved it more. It was sad to see he was the only one to get the 'Whats the best was to avoid a shark' question o.O That was SO sad..honestly.

I think its stupid that the former million dollar winners of the past get another shot with all stars. Not really far....

----END SPOILER-------

Hope that worked :)