PDA

View Full Version : Bengals question

rosethecopycat
09-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Can the breed Bengal have blue eyes?

Russian Blue
09-18-2003, 01:38 PM
This website says the Snow Bengals will have blue, but the Classic Bengals should not have blue eyes.

Bengals (http://www.exoticbengals.com/types.htm)

Vermontcat
09-19-2003, 11:19 AM
Here is a photo of a Bengal that I met on vacation.
http://users.adelphia.net/~mandzsawyer/images/bc1.jpg
He had blue-green eyes, kind of a sea green.
I think that Sasvermont's cat Ti had greenish gold eyes.

Maybe this website will help you find out.:)
http://www.bengalcat.com/

luckies4me
09-19-2003, 01:42 PM
Yes the lynx and snow ones will, however the regular tawny/brown beauties will have eyes like my kitters do, which are a very beautiful orangish/greenish color. :)

luckies4me
09-19-2003, 01:49 PM
If you want to know more about Bengals you can go to this link. :)

http://www.bengalcat.com/

I am owned by three Bengals and one Bengal mix, all related. :D

I also run a Bengal rescue, but we have yet to have even one Bengal this year! However there is a lady in Seattle that may need to rehome a retired queen, so we will see. :)

rosethecopycat
09-19-2003, 06:02 PM
Thanks!

The reason I asked was:

I saw a lady at the Vet who had a goreous kitty with stunning blue eyes, that I would swear up and down it was a Lynx Point Siamese.
She said it is a Bengal, and she's breeding her.

I hoped she hadn't been gyped by someone telling her this blue eyed cat was a bengal!

nemechek
09-23-2003, 02:19 PM
What you saw was a Seal Lynx Point Bengal. They are supposed to be blue eyed, and they can look like a siamese. However, they are spotted but the spots are very light and sometimes do not come into full color until 2 years or so. However, to the untrained eye, a seal lynx would look like a siamese, but a breeder can tell them a mile away. The difference is in the boning. A bengal will have heavier bone set, more muscle and thicker in general. A siamese would be thinner and slinky. A bengal would have more rounded ears, low set to the head and a strong chin and shorter tail that a siamese with pointy ears, high ears and longer tail. Hope that helps!!

Jessica

SANDY FROST
09-24-2003, 04:01 PM
Here is the 1st photo of one of my bengals.
This is Tigger.
Sandy Frost

SANDY FROST
09-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Here is a photo of 2nd Bengal named Yuri.
Sandy Frost

SANDY FROST
09-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Here is the 3rd photo of Bengal Baxter.
Sandy Frost:D

nemechek
09-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Wow, you must love bengals! That is so cool! I love bengals too! In fact I am currently running the bengal rescue in the great lakes region. I am taking in 11 bengals from an animal horder and am looking to place them for adoption....sooo if anyone out there is interested, please feel free to email me.
[email protected]

Jessica

luckies4me
09-24-2003, 04:14 PM
SANDY FROST, I have always thought our Bengal cats resembled eachother, although Cheetah has more of the light brown coloring I find pretty. Here are some pics of my Bengal brood! :D

Mystic and Cheetah

luckies4me
09-24-2003, 04:25 PM
And another......:)

luckies4me
09-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Jessica,

I am also involved in Bengal and exotic animal rescue. I currently run Bengals and Buddies Exotic Animal Rescue in Eugene Oregon and will be adding another foster Bengal to our crew shortly, who will hopefully find a new loving permanet home soon.

I see that you are a breeder. I would love to see kitten pics! I just adore looking at the Bengal faces. :)

Another pic........Cheetah and Mystics momma, Houdini.

tuxluvr
09-24-2003, 08:28 PM
Ok, Luckies, I have to ask...what is that little critter in your signature with the "mohair nose"? :)

luckies4me
09-24-2003, 08:37 PM
LOL, that is Wrinkles, my hairless rat girl! :D Here is another pic:

SANDY FROST
09-25-2003, 01:49 AM
Wonderful that alot of you who rescue
Bengals. And those pictures of Msytic
and Cheethaf are just adorable. Looks like two my mine sleeping thanks.
Sandy Frost

SANDY FROST
09-25-2003, 02:10 AM
Here is a picture of Yuri and Baxter hugging each other.
Sandy Frost:)