PDA

View Full Version : Your morning beverage

Pam
09-17-2003, 02:52 PM
The 'Daily Morning Routine' thread got me thinking. I noticed Chris' comment about making tea and I think most of us in the US start our day with coffee. This may be a silly thread, but I have probably started sillier ones. :o What is the first thing you put into your mouth in the morning? Are you a coffee drinker, a tea drinker or something else?

primabella
09-17-2003, 02:55 PM
I am a coffee addict :D On the weekends I'll have a cup of coffee every morning and sometimes on the weekdays I'll have one after school.

I especially like a nice coffee in the summer. I find when I wake up early (like 7am) and have my coffee I'm set for the day. :)

popcornbird
09-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Water. :p

My parents start with tea.............I'm not really a tea or coffee person yet. I do enjoy a cup of coffee or tea on a cold winter day, but its not a daily thing for me.............at least for now.

Desert Arabian
09-17-2003, 02:57 PM
I LOVE to drink ice cold graprfruit or cranberry juice in the morning. Once in a while I grab a can of soda..... :o :o

mugsy
09-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Diet pop...whatever's available! ;)

Chinadoll
09-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Chocolate Milk!

ramanth
09-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Orange Juice. :D

And I drink lots of water at work. :)

PJ's Mom
09-17-2003, 03:22 PM
I grab a Diet Coke from the fridge, and I'm good to go. :D

jenluckenbach
09-17-2003, 03:27 PM
I can't begin to describe how horrendous I think coffee is. (I'm weird, I know). I practically never dring hot tea, but I do drink iced tea and sometimes first thing in the morning. The milk on my cereal would probably always be my first beverage of the day.

wolflady
09-17-2003, 03:30 PM
LOL Fun thread Pam! :) It's really a tie between coffee and tea for me. I love coffee. If it's cold and I'm slightly hungry, coffee seems to sit more solidly in my tummy. Does that make sense? Also, on days that I open at the vet's office, it's definitely coffee! A nice cool morning and hot cuppa is a great way to begin a day! If I'm not in a coffee mood, then it's chai latte! I LOVE chai, and sometimes even have it at the end of a day too! ;)

Logan
09-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
I grab a Diet Coke from the fridge, and I'm good to go. :D

That would be me too.........God forbid there is no Diet Coke in the fridge!!! :eek:

popcornbird
09-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Logan
That would be me too.........God forbid there is no Diet Coke in the fridge!!! :eek:

LOL! Diet Coke, or Coke in general..........actually all soft drinks in general, are forbidden to enter our house, let alone fridge :eek:, unless we're having guests over. :p

zippy-kat
09-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Gimme cawfeeeee and lots of it! lol

Actually (and I just realized this), it's a seasonal thing for me...
In Spring/Summer/Fall, I drink coffee. In Winter, I can't do without my orange spice or blackberry tea!

Logan
09-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Poor you, PCB.........it is the moment I look for every morning!! :)

popcornbird
09-17-2003, 03:37 PM
Poor you, PCB.........it is the moment I look for every morning!! :)

Poor me? :eek: Nope. I don't like softdrinks, especially Coke and Pepsi. :o To be honest, I really really dislike the taste, but my mom doesn't bring it because she says its unhealthy. :p

I normally start my day with water, sometimes milk, sometimes juice, but no soda's enter my mouth. :p

wolfsoul
09-17-2003, 03:38 PM
The milk in my cereal. :D

ChrisH
09-17-2003, 03:48 PM
As you may have guessed the one vote for tea is from me. :D Can`t start the day without my morning cuppa!
Coffee mid-morning and sometimes afternoon too, otherwise it is tea all the day, lots of it!:D And then a glass of milk at bedtime.

:) :) :)

Cincy'sMom
09-17-2003, 03:48 PM
I don't choose one beverage daily....it could be coffee, iced tea, Hot tea, hot chocolate, juice or water.

Cataholic
09-17-2003, 03:50 PM
I start my day with six cups brewing, pack four into my new SB thermos mom bought me, and the other two sqeeze into my SB cup. I drink 20-oz of water before I leave the house, and take a protein shake with 8 -10 oz milk in the car with me. I am a beverage hog. If you put it in front of me, I will drink it. That is my daily morning beverage.

Coffee? Hot, with fat free half and half, 1/2 packet of sweetner per cup, fully caffinated, and preferably starbucks dark roast (whatever kind strikes my fancy when I am buying it).

Nope, it doesn't make me jittery, keep me awake at night, raise my blood pressure, de-hydrate me (your body acclimates to it), and my growth hasn't been stunted by it.

Tea? Well, in a pinch, Starbucks puts out a passion tea that is yummy.

Former User
09-17-2003, 04:06 PM
When it's colder like now, I drink tea in the morning (English tea that is, hi ya Chris ;) ) and after breakfast, I have my coffee. During summertime, I have first milk with my breakfast, after that, coffee. :)

Kfamr
09-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Coffee is gross.

Iced water is all I have time for.

dukedogsmom
09-17-2003, 04:35 PM
I've tried iced tea in the morning and my favorite cherry Coke but they just don't do it like coffee. And I love coffee! When I go to Barnies, I get the cafe latte. Yum.

Cookiebaker
09-17-2003, 04:44 PM
*I LOVE COFFEE* :) In fact, my friends consider me a coffee snob because I can't stand coffee at most restaurants. I like it fairly strong with regular 1/2 & 1/2/. MMMMmmmm. Think I'll go make some now. :)

Miss Meow
09-17-2003, 04:46 PM
I don't like the smell or taste of coffee (I'm weird too!) so I start with a lot of water and maybe a piece of fruit (or juice on weekends).

Aspen and Misty
09-17-2003, 04:46 PM
Rain Or Fire and sometimes cream soda, mmm mmm!!

Ash :D

Christiansmommy
09-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Milk or sometimes orange juice...i am not a fan of coffee or hot tea, just iced tea.

Uabassoon
09-17-2003, 06:16 PM
I usually start my day with a Vanilla Coke.

moosmom
09-17-2003, 06:43 PM
Every morning I stop at the BP Gas Station down the street and get a large French Vanilla Cappuccino coffee drink. I love this stuff!

dukedogsmom
09-17-2003, 06:45 PM
My sister in law had never had cappucino! So, while I was visiting, I told her to try some. Now she's addicted :)

catland
09-17-2003, 06:54 PM
mmmmm - coffee.

We buy the bags of whole beans at Costco.

Fuzzy317
09-17-2003, 08:19 PM
I don't like coffee or tea, so its usually coca-cola for me.

RubyMutt
09-17-2003, 08:21 PM
I get a 16 oz single shot non-fat mocha :)

babolaypo65
09-17-2003, 08:26 PM
A large non-fat Latte, preferably with a shot of vanilla, preferably a double, and preferably one that I make.

Every day. Four seasons please.

:cool:

micki76
09-17-2003, 08:43 PM
Ice cold Coca Cola. I LOVE the smell of coffee, but the taste makes me gag.

slick
09-17-2003, 08:44 PM
I don't drink coffee or tea. I'm a really big milk drinker and during the day at work I slosh down all the ice cold water I can take.

Felicia's Mom
09-17-2003, 08:55 PM
The first thing I drink is water. After that I have a glass of milk.

slleipnir
09-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Milk. I find water to tastless first thing. I dont like coffee or tea.

Karen
09-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Fruit 2-O! (Water that's NOT tasteless) but that's usually after the milk on my cereal! When I'm travelling, or at a restaurant, it's always O.J., please!

The rest of my family does not speak (at least not understandably or audibly) until they have had their coffee. We ARE part Swedish, after all! When we were growing up though, Ma would make everyone drink their juice, no matter what they mumbled at her! And because we - her kids, are also part English, some of us tend toward tea in the late afternoons. ;) That enough of an American mutt compromise for ya?

The Cat Factory
09-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Coke :)

Twisterdog
09-17-2003, 09:51 PM
Ideally, if I have to go into town first thing in the morning, I get an iced chai tea, with a shot of espresso. YUM!!!!!!

If I'm staying home, I just have a Diet Mountain Dew.
:D

PJ's Mom
09-17-2003, 10:23 PM

:eek: Don't say such things! :eek:

:D

gini
09-17-2003, 10:43 PM
http://www.demooisteanimaties.com/eten/eten185.gif

ME - FIRST THING IN THE MORNING DRINKING COFFEE!

http://www.demooisteanimaties.com/eten/eten184.gif

ME - AFTER I HAVE HAD TWO CUPS OF COFFEE!

kingrattus
09-18-2003, 12:13 AM
The only thing I can drink first thing in the morning is pop, everything else makes me sick. One good reason I skip breakfast, I get to ill off of it, so I eat, lunch 10am, dinner 3pm & dinner2 11pm.. all my meals r small, mostly peanut butter sandwiches.

Crikit
09-18-2003, 12:56 AM
it depends on how awake and how long I've slept in in the mornings. I don't drink coffee though it doesn't agree with my stomach, but if we have some juice in the house I might grab a cup of that. Usually though I end up grabbing a five alive or a pop from the machine at work...the odd time I get a hot chocolate or london fog (or as they like me to call it a vanilla earl gray tea misto) from Starbucks, or I make myself a nice cup of milk tea, green tea, or well any other kind of tea that I have easy access to (grandma was british, love tea thanks to her)

Oh and whatever beverage I have it chased with either a snickers bar or peanut m&m's with the odd mars bar thrown in.

Kater
09-18-2003, 01:02 AM
GREEN TEA for me! Iced in the summer and served hot in the fall & winter.

tomkatzid
09-18-2003, 03:32 AM
8oz glass of water, then later a diet caff. free coke, then at work decaf iced caramel vanilla latte

Barbara
09-18-2003, 04:15 AM
Chinese tea (Keemun) or Earl Grey, very light, with no milk.

Filou brings it to the bed (ok, he has his male servant carrying it:D :D :D ):)

HoRsELUvR
09-18-2003, 08:21 AM
A lot of times i dont drink stuff in the morning,but when i do i drink all kinds of stuff including coffee,tea,hot cider,hot chocolate.and sometimes i just drink orange juice.

cloverfdx
09-18-2003, 08:55 AM
whats morning???????? ;)

actually it depends where i am going, if i am not going anywhere i have nothing or milk (full cream milk non of that fat free stuff).

if i have an appointmen eg job interview i will have nothing also.

BUT if i am going off to a flyball comp i will have either hot chocolate or coke from macca's (its routine now) lol

anna_66
09-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Water first and formost (to take my pills with). Then if it's cold I'll have coffee with flavored cream or a nice cappuccino, if it's not cold I stick with the water.

Pam
09-18-2003, 09:12 AM
This poll really surprised me! :) Somehow I thought there were lots more folks waking up to *Folgers in their cup* than actually is the case! LOL! Some of you drink some interesting things in the morning! I also thought there would be more tea drinkers! I enjoy a hot cup of tea on a stormy day so I will probably be having one a little later on as Isabel arrives.

Dakota's Mommy
09-18-2003, 10:15 AM
I usually reach for water as my first drink. From there I might go to a juice or coffee! But I keep a bottle of water right by my bed to relax my dry throat as I awake!

09-18-2003, 10:30 AM
LOL, GINI:) :) :) !!

My first drink is either a glass of freshmade fruitjuice, or a glass of milk. Healthy me, hey ;)

Aspen and Misty
09-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Forgot to add, that Rain, Fire and Cream Soda's not ALL I drink in the morning.

We are aloud to have Hot Chocolate in home room so I normally wil get a hot coco on the way from Dunkin Donuts, lol.

I also Hvae to drink a glass of water every morning cause of my kidney problems (grr stupid kidneys)

Ash

wolflady
09-18-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by gini
http://www.demooisteanimaties.com/eten/eten185.gif

ME - FIRST THING IN THE MORNING DRINKING COFFEE!

http://www.demooisteanimaties.com/eten/eten184.gif

ME - AFTER I HAVE HAD TWO CUPS OF COFFEE!

LOL LOL Gini! I can relate! I am just not a morning person. You witnessed that one! "We'll be there at 8am..." 6 hours later....:rolleyes: LOL ;)
**hugs**

Tonya
09-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Mountain Dew

Rachel
09-18-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Somehow I thought there were lots more folks waking up to *Folgers in their cup.

Well, you can count me in as one of those...but after about 10 am, I switch to ice tea (there is always a big jar of sun tea in the fridge) and suck that down the rest of the day, with a diet coke thrown in once in awhile. After dinner, if I have anything it is hot tea. Once summer is over and I can't make my sun tea anymore, I will probably be drinking more hot tea during the day.

Crikit, there is nothing like a snickers or peanut M&M's with a diet coke!

krazyaboutkatz
09-19-2003, 12:07 AM
I also don't like the smell or taste of coffee. If I drink tea it's in the evening and it's an herbal kind that's caffiene free.

The first thing I drink is a diet coke. Then with my breakfast I'll drink a glass of water and a small glass of calcium enriched orange juice. :)

I'm surprised that so many people drink soda in the morning. I always thought that I was kind of strange. :)

LoudLou
09-19-2003, 03:23 AM
I vote Coffee!

Without my morning coffee I'm just like a dried up piece of roast goat.
Johann Sebastian Bach

A morning without coffee is like sleep.
Author unknown

Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.
Another author unknown

Tina
09-19-2003, 08:54 AM
I can't stand coffee *bleck* I do like the smell of it. But don't like the taste.

It just depends what kind of mood I'm in the morning. I'll drink orange juice or some other fruit juice, soda, or water. And in the winter time sometimes I like hot chocolate.

K9karen
09-22-2003, 12:27 AM
High Octane Coffee..can't you tell??;)

Fox-Gal
09-22-2003, 12:42 AM
Tea...then tea...then another then another. I need my tea like most people need their coffee, after a couple, I then become almost human like. Human form come in the afternoon....I don't do mornings. :eek:

puppygrrl4eva7
09-22-2003, 05:46 AM
I loove milk, just plain skim milk ( I do not plan to have osteoporosis ) I also like Cran Raspberry juices, any kind of Raspberry, Grape, or Strawberry juice is good, our family goes through 3 bottles of tohse juices a week! I love the sweet and tangy taste to them:D

RobiLee
09-22-2003, 06:37 AM
I always have to have my water. I always have a glass of water with me. Once in awhile I do have some juice. Usually apple or pineapple.

Robin :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-22-2003, 10:52 AM

For me it's regular Coke - but I gotta have it, and not right from the can, no....that would be way too easy. It must be like you get at McDonalds - 32 oz cup with ice cubes. I buy coke by the case when it's on sale ($4.00 a case instead of the usual $6.99!) and I save the plastic cups and lids from when I actually do go to McDonalds. Then the last thing I do before I leave the house in the morning is put the ice in the cup, 2 cans of Coke, grab a straw and I'm good to go. No Coke - no go. :rolleyes: :D

I know it's a really bad habit and the sugar is not good for me, but I've tried going without, I've tried just water, I've tried juice drinks, and nothing cuts it like Coke does. Some day I 'spose I'll give it up, but not anytime soon. ;) :D

Oh, and Pepsi doesn't cut it, or generic brands or anything like that. It has to be Coca-cola Coke or nothing. :rolleyes:

2kitties
09-22-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm completely useless before my Starbucks stop in the mornings.

Andie
09-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Pepsi!!!!!!!!!!!!

then some milk but I have to get my caffine shot in first.:D

Of course we didn't have any Pepsi today so I went thru withdraw until I got here to Mom's