PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Confidential - 5th Edition

jonza
09-17-2003, 01:25 PM
http://petoftheday.com/online/randi/PTmeeting-Vio.jpg

Cataholic
09-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Would it be considered a breach of security if the exact location and time were revealed for the summit?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Hey! Where's Eddie!!! Shunned by Ms E and now Pet Talk Confidential. :( (;) :D :D )

He's such a sweet natured guy that I'm sure he could bring compromise to any situation, so he really must be included. :D

Can't wait for the next in depth report to hear how all the representative's flights were, how they're all handling the jet lag (looks like the Chicagoans will have the worst of it there), how Filou and Tigris welcomed everyone with open paws, how all the world problems are now solved....you know...details!!! :D

Oh, and don't forget the pics. :D

Barbara
09-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Ok, tomorrow at 7.20 a.m. pettalk time (which is too early for Barbara standard time) I'll be at Terminal 2 Munich airport to pick up the Chicago correspondents who will start in an hour or so at O'hare airport.

We are really very glad to confirm that our Moldovan correspondent who is responsible for all the countries east from here (Austria -China) could make it possible to come- until Monday afternoon this question was open (Can you believe a recommended letter from Germany to Moldova took 5 (in letters five) weeks????). It was an invitation needed for the visa and I could have walked there in that time.

We say thanks to the German Embassy at Chisinau;) Vio will arrive 9.45 GMT via Timisoara (can you find out where that is;) ;) :p ).

The Scandinavian delegation will arrive at 18.00 GMT Friady evening provided they have their oran!ge streetfighter boarded by that time !

I am nervous and nuts and looking forward and thrilled and excited:D :) :D :) :D :)

Filou and Tigris know there is something happening but have no detailed idea what it could be!

lbaker
09-17-2003, 02:37 PM
This is truly an historic moment to be cherished and actually I'm not kidding. I love the newspaper updates but they can't begin to really show the feelings behind this anticipating meeting. Anticipated by ALL, not just the lucky delegates. Here here, a toast to all :D
Laurie

mugsy
09-17-2003, 02:52 PM
But who is going to be at the meeting???

John...GREAT paper.

ramanth
09-17-2003, 03:19 PM
ROTFL!!!

Can't wait for updates!

Everyone have a safe trip!!! And I second that motion.. we'll want pics!!! :D

AmberLee
09-17-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm so excited for you ALL. The Moldavian representatives look like they've been working their little paws to the pad... Aaawwww!

Have a GREAT TIME and keep us updated, please!

Miss Meow
09-17-2003, 04:21 PM
Can't wait for an update!

koxka
09-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Hey, you all have fun! As you know diplomates can lead a pretty happy life (sometimes) .....so do you too :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
But who is going to be at the meeting???

Mugsy, here's a list of attendees.

Sara & Don (Edwina's Secretary & hubby) are the Chicago reps.
Randi & John (Fister's mom & dad) are the Copenhagen reps.
Vio (Vio & Juni) is the Moldovan rep (I think she'll be alone).
And Barbara and Seigmar (Filou & Tigris) are the hosts in Munich, Germany.

And Debbie (T & P's Mom) will be moping at home in Chicago all weekend, thinking about the great adventures going on overseas, and wishing she could have arranged to be there too. I mean really, who needs Corvette events when you've got trips to Germany to think about!!! :eek: ;) :rolleyes: :D

Of course the only kitties in attendance will be Filou & Tigris, but I'm sure the others have separate parties planned since mom & dad are gone. We're expecting the E's to be cuddling when Sara & Don get back, Fister will be having a grand time at his luxury pension and Juni & Pichu are partying with Vio's skin sister & brother, so everyone will be having a great week.

So it's about 20:15 Munich time right now (give or take an hour) Thursday evening, so Sara & Don have been there all day, and are probably fast asleep by now...or wish they were...and those are all the details I can fill in, we'll have to get the rest from Barbara.

Barbara, are you out there? WE NEED DETAILS!!! :D

And I can't believe Vio needed an invitation before they'd allow the visa for her to come! I mean geeze, can't she go on a vacation without having an invitation? I'm so glad all the paperwork made it through in time though. I just know you're all going to have the best time ever! :D

jonza
09-18-2003, 02:44 PM
Randi here - it's 9.45 PM now. I talk to Barbara now and again on instant msg., she told us that Sara and Don have arrived safely and they have been to see a Castle and a German beer garden today, they've just gone back to their hotel - dead tired. We expect they'll be fresh and less jet lagged tomorrow when we arrive. :D

We'll be taking Fister to the pension tomorrow at 10.00 and then do the packing. Leaving from CPH airport at 17.15 PM and will arrive at 19.00.

Wish more of you could have been there, but we promise to have a drink for you - and who knows, one day we may show up in the USA. ;) We'll all be following closely what's going on on Pt, so keep posting! :)

PS. Sorry, I'm too tired to post anything now, but I expect we will over the coming days! :eek:

Cataholic
09-18-2003, 02:49 PM
PICTURES, LOTS OF PICTURES! And, preferably before you all get, uh, comfy with the beer! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
PICTURES, LOTS OF PICTURES! And, preferably before you all get, uh, comfy with the beer! :D

Although some of those after getting comfy with the beer are the best and the funniest, even if a little on the blurry side. ;) :D

And I'm glad to hear S & D made it safely and are already touristing and seeing the sites. A castle - cool! I love seeing castles, they are all so different, yet all the same too. And a beer garden - yummy! I'm going to have to stop on my way home to get some good German beer to make myself feel at least somewhat a part of all of this. ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Ok, I know everyone is arriving and having lots of fun....but c'mon...I need updates!!! I'm living this vicariously through all of you and I can't do it unless I have updates!!! I know Barbara is now the only one with access to a computer....I'm dying here!

Oh, and a pic or two to tide us over would be great too. :D

AmberLee
09-19-2003, 08:34 PM
Yes, pictures, Pleeeeeeeze. :D :cool:

Barbara
09-20-2003, 01:43 AM
Just a short update before I go down to make breakfast for many people and cats:

Everyone made it safely to our place.

The cats were overwhelmed by the attention they got. They juts cannot decide whether they loved the original US American Temptations most (Tigris had opened a bag while unpacking his gift package:D) or Vio's hand made cushions designed by herself -after getting home from work Thursday evening she (and Juni) spent half the night to make 2 for F+T, 2 for E+E and one for Fister!!!!!

They had not yet the chance to taste the Danish catfood Fister recommended as they had a dinner mainly of Temptations -everyone wanted to made friends with them ;).

I am afraid although everyone was as tired as can be we spent the time until 1 a.m. to chat and laugh and cuddle some very nervous kitties;)

Filou broke my camera last week :( so we will have to see whether this afternoon we get some pix from the others up to this computer:)

We had a toast for all of you and it looks as if we can have some more these days.

delidog
09-20-2003, 08:04 AM
Can't wait for Pics and an Update!!!

Cataholic
09-20-2003, 08:12 AM
Barbara, thanks for the update! You mean EVERYONE is staying with you? It is a PT sleepover? OHHHHH.....I want to be there.

The temptations sound 'yummy', and I can just imagine Vio's pillows are lovely. The special fish dinner? I know the cats will think they are in haven. Aren't T&F going to be VERY spoiled by five people fawning over them?

What did you make for breakfast?

Kona & Oreo's mom
09-20-2003, 11:28 AM
It sounds like I am missing a very fantastic gathering. I wish I could be there, too! Thank you for taking some time out of your festivities to update us. I hope that you have a fun-filled visit! Filou and Tigris, enjoy all of the extra attention and international cuddles!:)

Cataholic
09-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Kona & Oreo's mom
Filou and Tigris, enjoy all of the extra attention and international cuddles!:)

International Cuddles! That is just TOO cute!!!:)

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2003, 06:56 PM
I'm so glad to hear that everyone has arrived safely. :) I'm also looking forward to seeing some pictures. :)

delidog
09-21-2003, 07:37 AM
Sleeping in on Sunday,Guys?!?!?!
Late Sat. Night?!?!?!?!?!?!?
HMMMMMMMM!!!!!;) :) :D

Hope all is well!!!

delidog
09-21-2003, 08:16 PM
HELLO OOOOOOOOOO
Are there Any Pet Talkers Awake in Germany?!?!?!?!?!
I Know theres' a Big,Secret Pow-Wow!!!
But Don't forget us Stateside!!!;) :) :D

Barbara
09-22-2003, 02:53 AM
Ok, we are having fun but all the chairs are downstairs so whatever I do here I do while standing:D :D :D

Vio, Randi and John are staying at our place, Sara and Don in a nearby hotel. We went to the Alps yesterday but came home very late and tired as the unusual nice weather created a major traffic jam.
Today it's Octoberfest.

We had drinks to all of you and are talking about you all a lot. We'd love to have you here:D

Up to now, we have seen that USB isn'T USB so we have not managed to get any pix on this machine but we ill try again:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-22-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
We went to the Alps yesterday

<whine> I wanna go to the Alps..... ;)

It's funny because for some reason yesterday, I couldn't get our trip to Switzerland out of my mind. I kept thinking about how beautiful it is there and how we went to an area way up in the Alps that doesn't allow cars and how neat it was seeing a place basically untouched by modernization with all the pristine beauty....must have been getting some of those thought waves from you as you were thinking and talking about us here. :D Oh how I wish I was there with you guys.

Thanks for the update Barbara. :D We had some German beer this weekend in honor of you guys. :D

I'm glad to hear you're all having a great time and the weather is cooperating. Now, about those pictures.....;) :D

Oh, and I thought it was cute how you all posted on Pepper's COTD thread yesterday. Must have been quite the production for everybody to have to sign in to PT then sign out so the others could sign in under their own name. I can just tell you're all having way too much fun. :D

ramanth
09-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Glad everyone arrived safely! :D

Now.... where are those pics!? ;)

Vio&Juni
09-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Nini-nini-nini :p
We are having such a great time here, that´s why you will have to wait for pictures until tomorrow or after tomorrow when I download them to the Image Station.

Barbara and Siegmar are the nicest people, Sara and Don are very sweet and friendly, Randi and John are the best too. Debbie, I know you wish you were here, I hope next time when we meet (in Moldova maybe :) ), you can come.

So, we will keep you in suspence :p

delidog
09-22-2003, 07:14 PM
Glad All s going well!!!!!
Have another beer for us...Randi...Have a Glass of wine for me!!!!

I know its' tough during Octoberfest....but we are resourceful,aren't we????

Oh the Alps....I remember well!!!!!
O.K.
Green with Jealousy!!!!

Cannot wait for pics....

Vio&Juni
09-23-2003, 02:31 PM
I will post more tomorrow, my connection flight was 3 hours later, so I just want to sleep now. Just wanted to show you something more, so you die of envy :)

Vio&Juni
09-23-2003, 02:37 PM
I will post more tomorrow, my connection flight was 3 hours late, so I just want to sleep now. Just wanted to show you something more, so you die of envy :)

Miss Meow
09-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Hurry up and sleep so you can wake up and post more pics, ba ha ha ha ha!!!! :D

Edwina's Secretary
09-23-2003, 04:59 PM
We are home as well. I'll get unpacked and check my photos!

Stay tuned!

Here you go!

Our hosts...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pa2cf3b33cfb7f2838268617df8f70d79/fb01c6d9.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pbaaba4c08e5e6bd55f45a302ab584e7b/fb01c6e2.jpg

All of Us
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p11a8b12ae92b4b950933b3c957a290a6/fb01c6c8.jpg

Randi
09-23-2003, 05:54 PM
We're home safely, our flight scheduled for 19.45 was delayed one and half hour - at a point the airline wasn't sure we'd be able to go at all. :eek: Most of Denmark has been without power from 12.30 - 19.15, so our flight hadn't even left Copenhagen when we got to the airport!! It has been chaos in Denmark!!

We've had the most wonderful time in Munich, will post more tomorrow - plus pics, we're dead tired and heading for the bed!!

Going to get Fister tomorrow before 12.00. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-23-2003, 06:13 PM
You're all back! Glad to hear everyone made it safe and sound, with only minor setbacks. Gee Randi, why was all the power out in Denmark? Sounds kinda like when we had that big power outage.

Thanks for the teaser pics, now like Miss Meow says, hurry up and sleep so we can get more pics and the full story on what you all did.

Yes, I'm dying of envy, Vio! You got to snuggle with Tigris!!! <whine> I wanna snuggle with Tigris.... ;) :D Ok, ok, I know you're all sick of my whining already. ;) :rolleyes: :D

And what about Iraq, and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict? Sara, are you going to be heading to Washington DC to consult with the President and fill him in on all the resolutions you all came up with?

I'm just dying here......(again, yet, still, you get the idea) ;) :D

delidog
09-23-2003, 11:11 PM
I just love the Pic of all the 2 leggers Together!!!!
I, of course recognize Johnza...but I need place cards for the rest!!!
As long as we've been chatting, I have never seen a shot of Randi...so are you on the right or the left?!?!?!
John..Are you loving being Surrounded??

I also love the pic of "The Hosts"...They are Beautiful!!!!!
Oh The Abyssinian!!!!!!
Gorgeous!!!

Glad a Good Time was had by ALL!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Since I know everyone in the pic is probably still fast asleep, I'll do the roll call.

From left to right, Vio (Vio & Juni), Don (Sara's hubby), Sara (Edwina's Secretary), John (Johnza), Randi (Randi), Siegmar (Barbara's hubby) and Barbara.

And in the first pic of the "hosts" Tigris looks like "Wow, for me??!?!?!!" The answer must have been yes because then he digs right in. :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-23-2003, 11:28 PM
Great pics. :) I can't wait to see more. :)

delidog
09-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Yeah!!! T&Ps' Mom!!!!
Thank You,I needed a Map!!!
Great Pic!!
Keep 'em COMIN'!!

captain
09-24-2003, 01:04 AM
You guys certainly looked like you were having a beer ........ oh, um, I mean a ball ..............:D

jonza
09-24-2003, 07:20 AM
http://petoftheday.com/online/randi/PTmeetingStopPress.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Suffering from Pet Lag - too funny. :D :D And yes, it's much more important to cuddle with Fister. We here can wait....but not too long. :D

ramanth
09-24-2003, 10:37 AM
Glad you all made it home safely and I love what pics have been shared.. :)

Now.. in that group shot, we need a list of names of who is who! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Kimmy, see my post right above KAK's.

koxka
09-24-2003, 03:02 PM
Pet Lag

Should be add this neologism to the Pet Talk Dictionary? :D

Randi
09-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Our PT conference in Munich was a complete success I dare say! :D

First of all, our hosts Barbara and Siegmar had arranged for the best possible weather we could hope for – warm and sunny. :)

Here they are.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p9b33f2b7bf78a4f6366ea8e452b5a6da/faffc148.jpg

First day: B & S picked us up at the airport and took us to their charming flat where the other participants were waiting – including Tigris and Filou – the most beautiful and soft cats I’ve ever met. After getting to know each other, the blabbering started, but it was that time of day where we were getting hungry – Barbara and Siegmar had foreseen that and had booked a table at a fabulous restaurant! We had a delicious meal and good wines. :) The blabbering continued when we got back and we managed to consume quite a bit of wine too. :D The atmosphere was absolutely great!! It was like we’d known each other for ages.

Here we all are - at the Munich beer festival though.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p39fe7a4ab642381afaa54004096c7def/faffc147.jpg

Since, we’re still rather tired, we’ll continue tomorrow and also post more pics.

But first, one important thing. We went to get Fister back this morning – well, before 12.00 - but he was not as happy as the last time he was there, in fact he was looking a quite sad :( and we were told that he hadn’t been very adventurous during his stay, but at least I could lift him into his box without problems. It took us half an hour to drive home and he was complaining all the way!! We also got to meet other cats there, those pics will follow later.

The first thing Fister did when at home was checking out every corner of our flat – also the cupboards. Then he went for a bite to eat.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pbb1d19ee27200e14ef8bba6880edd65b/faffc14f.jpg

After that it was pure relaxation in our bed and a good wash. We all had a long nap and a wonderful cuddle session.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pabbab29553f69373796165d0e0b8ec03/faffc154.jpg

Fister got a lot of presents and of course, they had to be checked out. Vio’s cute homemade red mouse had already been investigated in bed - he sniffed it like mad. After that he had a go at Barbara’s vitamin paste, that was very yummy – and healthy, I bet! I lined up all his presents to photograph for you all and he immediately went for the mouse toy Sara brought (Fat Cat Inc.) As if that wasn’t enough for one day, I opened the Temptations bag – and oh boy, was that a temptation for him!! :eek:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p1616e4d0383de10f7ef38b05edc7b5ab/faffc14e.jpg

Enough for today, I'm dead tired. More will follow. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-24-2003, 03:59 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p39fe7a4ab642381afaa54004096c7def/faffc147.jpg

Oh Barbara, I love your outfit! Is that what you do for Oktoberfest is dress up in traditional outfits? That is so cool!
And the food and beer look scrumptious! I love those huge mugs. :D

The atmosphere was absolutely great!! It was like we’d known each other for ages.
But you have! You've known each other here on PT! That's one of the cool things about meeting people in person that you know through the internet - you know them instantly! You may not recognize them at first, but once you actually meet, you're best friends from the get go. :D

And poor Fister. :( He probably felt abandoned, but he's home again and it sounds like everyone is getting their cuddles in, so I'm sure he'll be back to his old self real soon - and then I'm sure he'll have to go check out the neighborhood to find out what all happened while he was gone. :D

Thanks for the pics and the update, John. Patiently waiting for more......:D

Cataholic
09-24-2003, 04:49 PM
MORE PICTURES AND STORIES, PLEASE.

auggie
09-24-2003, 06:52 PM
This is making me so homesick! I haven't been home in 5 years.
Glad you guys had a good time in Germany.
Can't wait for more pictures an details please!

gini
09-24-2003, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
<whine> I wanna go to the Alps..... ;)

First of all, I just have to go back to this post and ask you "would you like some cheese with that whine?" :D :D
If so, I will join you!

That said, what a great trip and such a good group of people to get together. I am beyond jealous, but my travel budget went "down under" this year so now I have to stay home and work on the next fund.

I would love to see more pictures. The picture of all of the kids gifts is wonderful. I love Vio's pillows and red mouse. I think she might be on to a whole new industry!

I am so glad that you all had a good safe trip, so much fun together and all got home safely.

Pet Lag! What a great couple of words.......filled with all kinds of meanings for us Pet Talkers!

Thank you for sharing your good times with us.

I am so jealous I could spit green!

lbaker
09-25-2003, 07:55 AM
Spit green Gini :eek: uh oh, no more of Richard's grasshoppers for you :p Welcome home everyone. Spoke with one of my Association's members on the phone yesterday and guess what his name was - Mr. Pfister :D :D I could barely keep my composure while trying to answer his questions, kept wanting to ask him how he was enjoying his catnip presents :rolleyes:

Kona & Oreo's mom
09-25-2003, 10:25 AM
I am glad to hear that everyone had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your pictures and stories.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by gini
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
[B]<whine> I wanna go to the Alps..... ;)

First of all, I just have to go back to this post and ask you "would you like some cheese with that whine?" :D :D
If so, I will join you!

Yes, I would love some cheese! How 'bout some Gruyere (sp?) from Switzerland? It's a wonderful, beautiful small village made famous for its cheese.

I'm not sure, does Germany have any cheeses that they are known for?

lbaker
09-25-2003, 11:37 AM
* holds nose while trying to type * Limburger?

lbaker
09-25-2003, 11:39 AM
oops, nope - that's from Belgium

gini
09-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Tilset? I think there is a good German cheese by that name.

I don't allow the word limburger in my home.

Randi
09-25-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Welcome home everyone. Spoke with one of my Association's members on the phone yesterday and guess what his name was - Mr. Pfister :D :D I could barely keep my composure while trying to answer his questions, kept wanting to ask him how he was enjoying his catnip presents :rolleyes:

Thank you for your warm welcomes, we actually DID have a bit of a PT withdrawel, but didn't have too much time to peak or post! :eek:

Mr. Phister .... on the phone!! LOL! :D :D I wouldn't have been able to stop giggling. In fact I was on the the phone once with a customer and in a similar situation, I had to put the phone down and ring back - giving some lame excuse. :rolleyes:

I think we're all out of our Pet lag now and can enjoy some cheese - and wine! ;) Speaking of which, I'm sipping a good glass right now! - No, not that famous one I brought back!

Uhh, cheese - I love it! Germany do have some good cheeses, we tried a few, but my all time favourite is English Cheddar and a few danish ones called Samsø and Maribo - the mild versions! However, Denmark have some hoorible strong cheeses, one called Gamle Ole = Old Ole and of course Danish blue. Eewww!!!

Oh, this seems to turn into a cheese thread. :D Perhaps we should consider getting together again over a good Swiss cheese Fondue! :eek: - not forgetting the wine!!

Can you tell it's dinner time here? LOL!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-25-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Randi
Oh, this seems to turn into a cheese thread. :D Perhaps we should consider getting together again over a good Swiss cheese Fondue! :eek: - not forgetting the wine!!

Funny you should mention that, Randi. Since I've been going through Germany/Switzerland withdrawals with you guys meeting over there, and seeing as how we have a motorhome rally coming up in October in the Amana Colonies in Iowa, I went out and bought a Swiss Cheese Fondue pot and burner for the occassion. :D

OK, a little background. The Amana Colonies is a group of small villages in Iowa with a German Heritage. See Amana Colonies (http://www.amanacolonies.com) for more info.

The motorhome rally is when a bunch of people with the same type of motorhome as we have get together to meet and greet each other and to talk motorhomes and learn what we can about them in case of breakdown, etc. Every afternoon at 4:00 pm, we get together for "happy hour." Everybody brings some sort of appetizer and their favorite beverage (beer, whine {oops, wine}, soda, etc.) and we have a general BS session before dinner.

Ok, back to the subject now, our appetizer that we bring is going to be Cheese Fondue. You can buy the mix for the fondue in the store, where all the ingredients are there, you just have to put it in the pot and melt it. And some of them are true Swiss fondues imported from Switzerland, so that's what I'm going to get.

Sounds yummy! So anybody for some Swiss Fondue and wine, come on over to the Amana Colonies next month! :D

Vio&Juni
09-26-2003, 05:20 AM
I love the Telset cheese. You can find it from time to time in a supermarket in Chisinau.

lbaker
09-26-2003, 11:46 AM
I just walked over to a nearby German deli and asked for a taste of the Telset. The German owner said there were two Telsets, German & Belgian. The German Telset is a wee bit stinky but not too strong & quite tasty. She then suggested I try a German Rahmkaesa - she said it's better known by the brand name Bavarian Bianco or something like that. DELICIOUS. I love trying new things :cool: