PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #20 - Hurricane Watch

momoffuzzyfaces
09-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Hurricane Isabel is due to hit the eastern USA by tomorrow. I want to propose a toast, wishing everyone in it's path good luck. I'll be watching the weather channel and thinking of you as you weather the storm. Thoughts and prayers on the way for you all.

Richard, could I have the biggest cherry vanilla coke you can muster up? Oh, and keep the nachos coming . . . it will be a long day tomorrow.
:eek:

Samantha Puppy
09-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Thanks... have to say, Samantha is NOT looking forward to having to do her business in the hurricane... I have a hard enough time trying to get her to go pee-pee in nice weather!!!

mugsy
09-17-2003, 12:22 PM
I am requesting somthing non alcoholic because I'm taking vicodin for my back, which, very nicely, went out on Saturday. Perhaps a diet vanilla Pepsi (I'll switch for once). I just had some REALLY disgusting nachos for lunch (school lunch), so I think I'll pass on the food thing! lol

Batten down the hatches on the East Coast!! We'll be thinking of you.

babolaypo65
09-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Hurraine=not fun. Good luck guys.

Richard: are you there yet? Got all those posts? If so a round of drinks on me. if not, get to work!

catland
09-17-2003, 12:37 PM
rrrrrgghhh maties - its a "Pirates of the Eastern Seaboard Thursday" - batten down the hatches - man overboard - tote them barges, lift them bales, lift those schooners and toast the east coast ....

rrrrrrrrrrRichard - is there a drink with a pirates or a hurricane theme?

mugsy
09-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by catland
- tote them barges, lift them bales

OH!!!! Old Man River!!! What a great song!!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-17-2003, 12:41 PM
I just discovered our very own bar keep, Richard, is about to become a double pillar!!!

CHEERS!!! RICHARD!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!:D

slick
09-17-2003, 12:48 PM
Somehow I don't think Richard will be posting much today. I think he may want to save the 2000 for the first one tomorrow.

Good luck to you on the Eastern seaboard. Fingers and paws crossed that no serious harm comes to you.

Amber
09-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Will the hurricane hit Ohio??:confused:

RICHARD
09-17-2003, 01:39 PM
arrggghhhh!

Swabbies,
Ain't it appropriate that we have a hurricane to mark our Thursday meeting???? Thar she blows....
I ain't talking whales here, Matey!!

Before we start with the festivities here let's toss out a PT prayer for smooth sailing, a tailwind and safe harbors for all our mates on the Right coast!!!!
-------------------------------

DOTD???

Rum Runner

1 oz. Rum
1/2 oz. each: Blackberry Brandy & Creme de Banana
Splash of Pineapple juice & Orange juice
Dash of Grenadine
Shake & serve on the rocks in tall glass
Serve in a Tiki or tall decorative glass
Float a bit of Myers or Dark Rum on top
Garnish with a flag (orange slice & a cherry skewered)

----------------------------------------

Shiver my Timbers......
(get your heads out of the gutters!!!)

Ahoy there MOFF,

a CVC fer ya!

Sam's Pup,
NO drinks fer you....;)
ya gotta remember to turn yer back to the wind!

Mugs,

DVP, get well, we need you to hoist sails!!!

Babo,

a rum runner for ya!

(how apropo, eh??)

This round brought to you by,
Babolaypo, Able Bodied Sailor!!!!

Catland,

A RR for ya!!!

it's been a while since i've had my hatch battened!!!
arrgghhhhh! (keeping in the spirit!!)

Slick,

Avast, are ya gonna tip a cup with us???

Amber,

thems meterologists are not that sharp......you may just get rain!!!

just in case, make sure your booty is safe!!!!!

insert joke there!!!!

Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning,
red sky at night, sailor's delight!!!!

Logan
09-17-2003, 01:42 PM
In the words of Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet, Richard, "pour me something strong and tall, make it a Hurricane".............

Can you do that??? I think it is appropriate!!! :)

lbaker
09-17-2003, 02:28 PM
The web site for National Talk Like a Pirate Day is www.talklikeapirate.com by the way, it's hilarious. Brwaack! Polly want a cracker? … Oh, wait. That’s for Talk Like a PARROT Day. As mentioned in another thread, should some of us not be able to brave the high seas tomorrow hoist a Rum Runner for us ;) Watch those bilge decks Logan while I tie myself to the mizzen mast. ARRRRRR shiver me timbers I'm-a sailin' away

Pam
09-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Logan
In the words of Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet, Richard, "pour me something strong and tall, make it a Hurricane".............

Cuz it's 5:00 somewhere! :D

mugsy
09-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Dang Pam, you beat me to it!! lol

RICHARD
09-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Logan

Hurricane

3/4 oz. each: Rum, Dark Rum, Apricot Brandy, Splash Grenadine, Sour Mix

Shake with ice, Serve in a Hurricane glass, Garnish with a Flag

-----------------------

As Neil Young would say....

You are like a hurricane,
there's calm in your eyes
and I'm getting blown away
to somewhere safer where the feeling stays...

Hurricanes for the House!!!!!

Cincy'sMom
09-17-2003, 03:39 PM
I'll take one of them there Hurricanes, "before I go insane" :)

wolflady
09-17-2003, 03:40 PM
A Hurricane for me and a great big 'Cheers' for Richard as he makes double pillarhood!
Argh matey! ;)

zippy-kat
09-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Who is Neil Young? :o

I'm giddy with excitement... just enrolled in a new jewelry club where the gemstone is amethyst (yay!) and my reimbursement from the school is same as in the bank.

Now, just have to find an apartment that will allow K'Cee and da Hyper-Piper and I'm outtie here!

Soooo... to celebrate I'm paying for the next round!!:D

Bartender, I'd looooveee to have my homework (which was due yesterday at noon --oppsie--) finished and if that's not possible, I'll have anything that contains bicardi limon. (Still have yet to figure out how to get the accent mark above the i. :o )

Miss Meow
09-17-2003, 04:09 PM
Richard, you're still not at 2,000! This is the longest double pillarhood in the history of PT, almost as long as the California election campaign (is it over yet??? :))

I'll try a drink of the week. Looks quite deadly, so I may be swinging from the rafters with a parrot on my shoulder - beware!

Here's my Idiot of the Week from the Odd Spot (the theatre, not the ballerina):

"Moscow's Bolshoi Theatre has sacked an ice-cream-loving prima ballerina, saying she is too heavy and too tall for most of her partners to lift. Anastasia Volochkova, who is 169 centimetres tall and weighs 50 kilograms (110lb), has said she could not imagine life without ice-cream. "

RICHARD
09-17-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Richard, you're still not at 2,000! This is the longest double pillarhood in the history of PT, almost as long as the California election campaign (is it over yet??? :))

I'm trying to avoid 'premature pillarhood'!

no, the election was SUPPOSED to be on oct 7 but our ever loving court system may delay it until
march!!

Ice cream and ballerina......(how tall is 169 cms??) See what ice cream CONES will do for your career?

Hurricane and RR fer ya!!

Done!

Zippy,
I know you are kidding!!!
Everyone knows Neil Young!!
Send me a snippet of the old homework.....better yet......ARRRRRGGHHHH, a pirate ate my homework!!!!

bacardi limon fer ya!

Done

Wolf and Cincy...

Hurricanes fer ye both!!!!

Done!!

lololol...

catland
09-17-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Who is Neil Young? :o

Soooo... to celebrate I'm paying for the next round!!:D

arrrrr - thanks for the drink matey! For a short time, Niel could be found with Crosby, Still, and Nash. aarrrrrr - sweet Judy Blue eyes:)

Miss Meow
09-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

no, the election was SUPPOSED to be on oct 7 but our ever loving court system may delay it until
march!!

Ice cream and ballerina......(how tall is 169 cms??) See what ice cream CONES will do for your career?

He he, got another post out of you! Only three to go ...

Let's have a game. Who can get the 2000th post out of Richard! :D

169cm is about 5 foot 8, so she's pretty tall for a ballet dancer, but 50kg is nothing for that height!

dukedogsmom
09-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Yep, my brother is in Maryland and that's where they are expecting it to hit. At least he's inland a little. I hate this time of year because of those things!!

slick
09-17-2003, 05:03 PM
You know they've made marvelous medical advances now and I'm sure there are drugs you can take for this....

Thanks to Gini who helped me with some searching tips I've come up with an appropriate attire for Richard except I believe he'll look much better than the model....

.....I love a man in leather pants.....

slick
09-17-2003, 05:06 PM
And for the ladies....

zippy-kat
09-17-2003, 05:15 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh they sang that "4 dead in Ohio" song, right?

as for the homework:
Compound Mediation in Software Development: Using Genre Ecologies to Study Textual Artifacts

slick
09-17-2003, 05:20 PM
as for the homework:
Compound Mediation in Software Development: Using Genre Ecologies to Study Textual Artifacts
God, I can't even pronounce this let alone understand it....Is this for real???

Whatever happened to Computer Basics 101?? (or is this computer-related at all..)

RICHARD
09-17-2003, 05:24 PM
He he, got another post out of you! Only three to go ...

Let's have a game. Who can get the 2000th post out of Richard! :D

Miss Meow, Slick and Zippy and DDM can split this one;)

MM,

Your Seahawks are undefeated and alone in first place!!!!!

Slick,

Does that come with a cod piece???
lolololololololol.....no self respecting pirate...

arrrghhh!!!!

Compound Mediation in Software Development: Using Genre Ecologies to Study Textual Artifacts??????????

Aye, tasty stuff this homework!!!!

Fergit the homework! You can run away from home, live on a schooner and live off of my booty---oops!!! I mean plunder!!!!!

We'll change your name to Gina....

Make mine a........Gina....

lolololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Meow
09-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Come on Richard, let's party like it's 1999! :)

slick
09-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Slick, Does that come with a cod piece???
lolololololololol.....no self respecting pirate...arrrghhh!!!!
Oh brother, what I'd like to say to this comment......but this is a family bar.....
Just going into another boring meeting. Hope I can have a RR when I get out???

signed, your faithful swabby...I'd do anything not to walk the plank.

catland
09-17-2003, 06:14 PM
avast ye scurvy dogs and pour me another grog.

RICHARD
09-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Come on Richard, let's party like it's 1999! :)

now i'm gonna have to get out my purple.......lol......

The bartender formerly known as, "hey you! get me a drink!!

HERE YA GO!!!

a grog for catland!!!

Aye, Done!

Slick,

we do think alike, don't we??????? lololol...
i was looking at the wench's dress and noticed that string thing in the front, does that hold it together???? ;)

NO plank walking on my shift!!!!

oh, the mysterious Gina reference.......I was watching a Geena Davis/pirate movie this weekend.....i guess i lost my mind there for a minute!!!!

behave yourselves and we'll do 2000 in the morning, eh?

Isabell,

go away why don't you!

slick
09-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Slick, we do think alike, don't we??????? lololol...
i was looking at the wench's dress and noticed that string thing in the front, does that hold it together???? ;)
If I wore it, NO. But come to think of it, those leather pants had a stringy thingy in front as well. How awkward would that be if you had to go really bad??:eek: :eek:
Have a wonderful evening Richard and remember to turn out the porch light.

Miss Meow
09-17-2003, 07:10 PM
I forgot it was still Wednesday in La La Land, yes, don't waste that precious last post on today when it's not even Thursday yet :) ;)

Speaking of 1999 and purple doo-dahs, Prince is coming back to tour soon! He must be outta money ...

Aspen and Misty
09-17-2003, 07:24 PM
:D Hey everyone! Sorry I'm late, o wait it's not Thrusday! Hee hee.

I'd like a Cream Soda please. I'm in a really good mood with a new puppy and a date for tomrrow night. I also might bring my 32 avergace in Geography up to a 40 average tomrrow! Lets pray!!

I know we are getting some rain from the Hurricane tomrrow night! Yippe! :rolleyes: One of my dad's stores is going to be in 6 feet under (6 feet of water in the store) so it looks like I'll be cleaning up a store all weekend. 2,000 rolls of Toilet paper on aisle 6 please!

Ash

babolaypo65
09-17-2003, 07:45 PM
Come on Richard. I say do it! POST!!!! You know you want to. ;) ;)

zippy-kat
09-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by slick
God, I can't even pronounce this let alone understand it....Is this for real???

Whatever happened to Computer Basics 101?? (or is this computer-related at all..)

It is but it isn't computer related; it's for a tech writing class. In a nutshell, it's discussing writing genre systems within the computer age.

'Tis finished now (thank God) and the teacher went ahead and gave me full credit to boot!

1999? Ah, Rich, ya take us to the brink and leave us hangin'... you tease!

slick
09-17-2003, 08:17 PM
It is but it isn't computer related; it's for a tech writing class. In a nutshell, it's discussing writing genre systems within the computer age.

'Tis finished now (thank God) and the teacher went ahead and gave me full credit to boot!
Way to go Zippy! Meet me here tomorrow and I'll buy you a beverage of your choice.

Samantha Puppy
09-18-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Yep, my brother is in Maryland and that's where they are expecting it to hit. At least he's inland a little. I hate this time of year because of those things!! Where in MD? That's where I am. :)

catland
09-18-2003, 10:23 AM
arrrrrrr Richard must be in the way-back machine. Now he only has 1991 posts.

aaarrrrrrr matey - start posting you landlubber - we expect to see #2000 today.:D

Corinna
09-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Hey Richard I'll join in to day make mine an Irish velvety ! I need something warm it Snowed here last night. Fires last week now this .

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2003, 11:03 AM
arrrrrrr Richard must be in the way-back machine. Now he only has 1991 posts.

aaarrrrrrr matey - start posting you landlubber - we expect to see #2000 today.:D
I'm so glad you saw that too! I thought I'd lost what little was left of my mind. I know I saw 1998 posts yesterday. Is there a pirate stealing posts???? or a grimlin running amuck? :eek:

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 11:17 AM
all that work for nothing....

MM,
thank you for your consideration....and lol,
I saw the ballerina story in the paper today....
it must be nice to get today's news, yesterday!!

winning lotto numbers?????
;)

Babo,

here we go, again!!!

Zipster,
always ready for a challenge!

Catland,
Mr Peabody and Me!!!
Remember him?

Welcome Corinna,

Irish velvety!!!! Snow????? Where???

(you are supposed to say, On the ground, dummy!)

Done!

MOFF,

It's a conspiracy!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Richard, can I have a refill on my cherry vanilla coke? and some hot onion rings? We have storms to our west. Maybe bad breath will scare them away????!!!:D

gini
09-18-2003, 11:26 AM
Richard, look at it this way.........you get to blabber about whatever you want only seven more times and it will push you right over into the 2,000's.

What did happen to your posts? Richard, were you naughty and they got deleted?

I don't know what it will be, but I want some type of swash buckling drink today.

I am looking through my closet - looking for "wench".........something appropriate to wear today.

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 11:33 AM
lol!!!

Gini,

NO!! I was behaving!!!!! Honestly!!!

A wench outfit? Who's being naughty now?;)

How's about a rum runner?? of a hurricane???

MOFF,

A CVC and hot onion rings!!!

There is a place in Burbank with a sign that says
"Homemade Onion Rings".....they serve you in a brown paper lunch bag that turns greasy in about two seconds!!! my only gripe is having to keep opening little packets of ketchup to keep up!!

slick
09-18-2003, 11:33 AM
OK, I don't get this at all. Last night before I left for home Richard had 1999. Now he's down to 1993. What gives?? Were my eyes playing tricks on me??

Arrrrrr, a warm welcome to all ye on Richard's Day. Gather yer shipmates and we all meet in the special galley to honour a very special Pet Talker. It's 2,000 drinks for Richard, whom today we shall call "Captain Morgan". And if ye like ye can throw in some pieces of gold and bid on the map to the buried treasure. Drink up maties!

catland
09-18-2003, 11:40 AM
RRRRichard - Have you ever tried Onion Rings with mustard? I understand you have mustard at home.:D

gini
09-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Richard, a rum runner? What does he look like?

Ohh, onion rings and ketchup............my mouth is watering.

My grandma years ago, gave me a great beer batter onion rings recipe.

slick
09-18-2003, 11:46 AM
RRRRichard - Have you ever tried Onion Rings with mustard? I understand you have mustard at home.:D
Ahhhh, but was it Grey Poupon???

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 11:47 AM
lolololol,

I almost fell for that one!!!

No, nothing but CATsup on my Onion Rings!!!

why do i post stuff like that????? I'll never live it down:cool:

Slick,

ARRGGGGHHHH!

Matey,

Someone's been stealing my posts!!!!! We'll make them walk the plank at the end of my cutlass!!!!!

and I'm still waiting for some pirate jokes, too!!
:D

Gini,

He's not the 'TOTAL MAN'....
if you can get past the eyepatch, hook hand, peg leg and the parrot dodo on his shoulder you can thank me!!!

slick
09-18-2003, 11:48 AM
A pirate walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened, you look terrible!"
"What do you mean?" the pirate replies, "I'm fine."
The bartender says, "But what about that wooden leg? You didn't have that before."
"Well," says the pirate, "We were in a battle at sea and a cannon ball hit my leg but the surgeon fixed me up, and I'm fine, really."
"Yeah," says the bartender, "But what about that hook? Last time I saw you, you had both hands."
"Well," says the pirate, "We were in another battle and we boarded the enemy ship. I was in a sword fight and my hand was cut off but the surgeon fixed me up with this hook, and I feel great, really."
"Oh," says the bartender, "What about that eye patch? Last time you were in here you had both eyes."
"Well," says the pirate, "One day when we were at sea, some birds were flying over the ship. I looked up, and one of them shat in my eye."
"So?" replied the bartender, "what happened? You couldn't have lost an eye just from some bird shit!"
"Well," says the pirate, "I really wasn't used to the hook yet."

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 11:53 AM
The only pirate jokes I know are not fit for this forum, so I leave that up to someone else.

why was the insubordinate pirate thrown in the brig???

because he only had one 'AYE' (eye)...:rolleyes: :eek: :( :confused:

hey slick.....16 and counting!!!!

I have my "AYE" on you!

slick
09-18-2003, 11:57 AM
hey slick.....16 and counting!!!!I have my "AYE" on you!
I thought about that when I was in the shower this morning, not that I think about you in the shower,, oh shut up Vic before you stick another foot in.....

Wouldn't dream of taking this day away from you. This is your day my friend. I'll have mine in due time.

gini
09-18-2003, 11:57 AM
You know you want to read some pirate jokes....

Have you heard about the new pirate movie?
It?s rated AARRRRGGH!

What's a pirate's favorite mode of transportation?
A cAARRRRGGH!

what's a pirate's favorite letter of the alphabet?
arrrr

what's a pirate's favorite kind of socks?
arrrrgyle

what is a pirates favorite study subject?
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.

what's a pirate's second-choice job?
an arrrrrrchitect!

This pirate walks into a bar with a big ship's wheel down his pants. The bartender says, "Excuse me, sir, but do you know you have a ship's wheel down the front of your pants?"
And the pirate says...
Aaargh, it's driving me nuts!!

a little kid with a speech impediment dresses up as a pirate and goes trick or treating. he knocks on the door of a house and a man answers. "oh, i can see you're dressed up as a pirate." the man says. "but where are your buccaneers?" the kid gets really mad, and says "on the sides of my buckin' head!"

how much did the pirate pay to get his ears pierced?
a buccaneer

what's a pirate's favorite kind of cookie?
ships ahoy

what do you call a pirate that skips class?
captain hooky!

A pirate walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened, you look terrible!"
"What do you mean?" the pirate replies, "I'm fine."
The bartender says, "But what about that wooden leg? You didn't have that before."
"Well," says the pirate, "We were in a battle at sea and a cannon ball hit my leg but the surgeon fixed me up, and I'm fine, really."
"Yeah," says the bartender, "But what about that hook? Last time I saw you, you had both hands."
"Well," says the pirate, "We were in another battle and we boarded the enemy ship. I was in a sword fight and my hand was cut off but the surgeon fixed me up with this hook, and I feel great, really."
"Oh," says the bartender, "What about that eye patch? Last time you were in here you had both eyes."
"Well," says the pirate, "One day when we were at sea, some birds were flying over the ship. I looked up, and one of them shat in my eye."
"So?" replied the bartender, "what happened? You couldn't have lost an eye just from some bird shit!"
"Well," says the pirate, "I really wasn't used to the hook yet."

why does a pirate's phone go beep beep beep beep beep?
because he left it off the hook!

what does a pirate say when he takes over santa's job?
ho ho ho and a bottle of rum

What does a vegan pirate do in jail?
Starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve!

What has 8 arms and 8 legs?
8 Pirates!

Well, Slick, you asked for it!! :D :D

slick
09-18-2003, 11:58 AM
You must have done the same as I did - thank goodness for google!!!

gini
09-18-2003, 12:03 PM
Vicki, the counter isn't tallying up your posts correctly either.

You have 1986 - and that keeps appearing..........even when you add more posts.

(Richard, are you paying attention? - 1986 - only 12 to go).

catland
09-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Long ago, when sailing ships ruled the waves, a captain and his crew were in danger of being boarded by a pirate ship. As the crew became frantic, the captain bellowed to his First Mate, "Bring me my red shirt!" The First Mate quickly retrieved the captain's red shirt, which the captain put on and lead the crew to battle the pirate boarding party. Although some casualties occurred among the crew, the pirates were repelled.

The men sat around on deck that night recounting the day's events when an ensign looked to the Captain and asked, "Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before the battle?" The Captain, giving the ensign a look that only a captain can give, exhorted, "If I am wounded in battle, the red shirt does not show the blood, and thus you men will continue to fight unafraid." The men sat in silence, marveling at the courage of such a man.

The next morning, the lookout screamed that there were two pirate vessels sending boarding parties. The crew cowered in fear, but the captain, calm as ever, bellowed, "Bring me my red shirt!" Once again, the battle was on, and the Captain and his crew repelled both boarding parties, though this time more casualties occurred. Later that day, however, the lookout screamed that there were pirate ships, 10 of them, all with boarding parties on their way. The men became silent and looked to the Captain, their leader, for his usual command. The Captain, calm as ever, bellowed, "Bring me my brown pants!"

slick
09-18-2003, 12:12 PM
Catland :D :D :D :D I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.....

Gini: thanks, but ignore my counter. This is Richard's day.

zippy-kat
09-18-2003, 12:28 PM
The counts are down because someone deleted a few threads. That be thar reason!

Rich, I'm hungry but I don't know what I want yet. It's cold here so something lovely and warm and cheeeezeey.

I have star bucks coffee made for those who have a hang over from yesterday...

catland
09-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Two to go. What are you waiting for Richard, high noon? (no, wait, that would be a western theme, not a pirate theme)

aaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggg

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 12:58 PM
LOLOLOLOL,

I'm saving 2000 for that warm and special drink order!!!

thank you for the coffee, Zip!!!

no one is drinking???

what gives?:confused:

slick
09-18-2003, 01:04 PM
In your honour, Captain Morgan, I'm not drinking until you hit 2000! And then, my drink order will be a hot rum to warm the insides.

And for a snack how 'bout some cod????? Hold the mustard.

babolaypo65
09-18-2003, 01:04 PM
I'm waiting for your 2k!

zippy-kat
09-18-2003, 01:10 PM
What type of make-up do pirates wear?
Yaaaardley of course!

http://www.djellison.plus.com/helen/pirate.jpg

(swiped from http://www.b3ta.com/board/1769168 woo!)

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 01:25 PM
hell,

I can't wait anymore!!!

first, a round to the house....

drink up Matey's!!!!!

Thanks to everyone that puts up with me
and laughs at my corniest jokes and challenges me when i make the over top statements!

and special thanks to my buddies Eddie and 'gina
without them, I wouldn't be here...

arrrggghhhhhhhh!!

I love you all!:D

A toast!

To all the PT folks, pets.......all around the world!

Every pet IS special, but the owners are something else!!!!;)

slick
09-18-2003, 01:27 PM
We love you too Richard, ahem, I mean Captain Morgan.

gini
09-18-2003, 01:32 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Right over the top he spilled into blabbermouth extraordinaire!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2003, 01:35 PM
Well, Richard!!! You finally made it!!! For the record there are now 2001 posts, just in case someone deletes some more threads. He is official!!!
Bottoms up!!! no wait ... make that CHEERS!!!

Thunder storm all gone for now. The onion rings must have done the trick. :D

zippy-kat
09-18-2003, 02:03 PM
it's about darn time! ;)

Good job!

slick
09-18-2003, 02:05 PM
Lunch time here. I'm hungry. Please give me a Pirate Pack to go. Hmmmm do you guys have White Spot down there??

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Lunch time here. I'm hungry. Please give me a Pirate Pack to go. Hmmmm do you guys have White Spot down there??

LOLOLOLOLOLOL,

I'll have the doctor take a look next time....

No, we don't....Does Popeye's count????

thanks, ms zip!

MOFF,

Comfort food!!!!!! you can always count on it!!

babolaypo65
09-18-2003, 02:20 PM
WOOHOO!!!!! Richard's Bipolar!!!!!!!

Congrats!

catland
09-18-2003, 02:31 PM
CONGRATULATIONS -

I think I'll go delete some threads so that we can celebrate all over again.:p ;)

arrrrrrrrgggg - another Hurricane please.

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 02:38 PM
CONGRATULATIONS -

I think I'll go delete some threads so that we can celebrate all over again.:p ;)

arrrrrrrrgggg - another Hurricane please.

LOL,

hurricane for you!!!

(no more real hurricanes for the east coast tho....)

Done!!

Gini,
last time i saw something that big and red was
on a school paper!!! thanks!!

slick
09-18-2003, 02:45 PM
No, we don't....Does Popeye's count????
That reminds me of when I was little and me and my brother were at the dinner table. He'd ask me to hit him in the arm so I did. Then he would pick up an olive (not Olive Oil) eat it pretending it was spinach. He'd then hold his arms up like Popeye and hit me back.

And to think I fell for it every time.....talk about laughing at yourself :D :D :D :D

I'll take RR please.

Logan
09-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Richard, pour out a round, on me, I'm in a partying mood. I'll take the Hurricane, now, please! :)

Logan

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Check THIS OUT!!!

logan's b day and slick is two away from bi pola----er---bi-pillar hood!

Go Logan it's your birthday!!!

What a great day.... all this to celebrate....now just to get those people on the east coast thru the storm!!!!

An RR and a Hurricane!!!!

Rounds on the House.....

p.s. No dancing this week and NO WALKING THE PLANK!

:eek:

catland
09-18-2003, 03:43 PM
C'mon Slick - just two more to bi-polarhood - you can do it.:D

slick
09-18-2003, 03:45 PM
A toast to Logan on her special day! So nice to have you around Logan.....

Ouch, this wench dress is so uncomfortable. It's really tight and that stringy thingy has got to go. How'd they manage back then???

catland
09-18-2003, 03:49 PM
yes, happy B-day to you Logan.:D

Miss Meow
09-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Congratulations, Richard! What, down to 1993, now at 2,111 - it's all too confusing and I need a drink! :D A Hurricane sounds fun!

Happy birthday to Logan! Drinks are on me!

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 03:52 PM
Congratulations, Richard! What, down to 1993, now at 2,111 - it's all too confusing and I need a drink! :D A Hurricane sounds fun!

Happy birthday to Logan! Drinks are on me!

lol,

i was lost until i checked the charts and got my bearings, ARRGHHH!

thank you!!!

A hurricane for you!

Done!

Cincy'sMom
09-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Congrats Richard!!!

Another round for everyone, in honor of our bartender!!!

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Congrats Richard!!!

Another round for everyone, in honor of our bartender!!!

thank you!!

arrrgh, Round for the house!!!!!

ummmm, what are we doing next week???

zippy-kat
09-18-2003, 05:18 PM
ummmm, what are we doing next week???
sea monkies!

:eek: have no idea where that came from....:confused: :rolleyes:

catland
09-18-2003, 05:18 PM
yea - wait until we're all sloshed before making us try to think of something - <hic>

slick
09-18-2003, 05:20 PM
sea monkies!

Where???? I don't see any monkeys. Maybe I haven't had enough to drink. Captain Morgan, another round please.

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 05:21 PM
sea monkies!

:eek: have no idea where that came from....:confused: :rolleyes:

OH MY...

swear to george, this is what i found...

Sea Monkeys Pirate Gold
Color-changing Sea Monkeys! YOHOHO a bottle of rum on a dead man's chest… NOT! Our wonderful, G-Rated Sea-Monkeys are non-violent, salt-water swilling sweeties but they do love gold bullion! Ages 6 and up.

:)

zippy-kat
09-18-2003, 05:27 PM
SOME HELPFUL HINTS FOR RAISING SEA-MONKEYS®

1. don't lie - Sea Monkeys® don't like it when people lie to them anymore than people do;
2. don't give them bananas - they may be monkeys but they will be suffocated by the large banana in their little tank;
3. don't eat them - you may enjoy the momentary taste but you certainly won' t have the fun of watching your Sea-Monkeys® grow;
4. don't scream "Hey look at the Sea-Monkeys®" at them - they don't like to be reminded of their existence. (Sea-Monkeys® are docile creatures who prefer to remain clear of existential thought.) Similarly, Buddhist koans such as "what is the sound of one hand clapping" might make the Sea-Monkeys® realize the meaningless of their existence and this could cause mass Sea-Monkey® suicide;
5. don't force your Sea-Monkeys® to mow the lawn - they have a severe allergy to freshly cut grass;
6. don't let your Sea-Monkeys® operate heavy equipment while under the influence of cold medication as it can make them drowsy;
7. do involve your Sea-Monkeys® in political discussion - despite the fact that most Sea-Monkeys® lean to the left;
8. do cover the Sea-Monkey® tank while engaged in marital relations as Sea-Monkeys® carry camcorders and aren't afraid to sell those tapes to "Hard Copy"; and finally,
9. If you run out of Sea-Monkey® food, please don't feed your Sea-Monkeys® just anything. Timothy J. Isham figured he'd feed them some spaghetti-o's. The can must have had botulism or something. Please don't feed your sea monkeys anything out of a dented can.

catland
09-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Next week is the "official" beginning of fall/spring, so we could have an equinox party with our sea monkeys.

Miss Meow
09-18-2003, 05:31 PM
Don't give your sea monkeys bananas??? Zippy, have you been inhaling paint fumes or empty Captain Morgan bottles or something? :D :D :D

If they lean to the left, who are they voting for in the Californian election?

anna_66
09-18-2003, 05:56 PM
and I'll take one of those Hurricanes now:D

Slick & Richard..............
CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
and I'll take one of those Hurricanes now:D

Slick & Richard..............
CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!

thanks!

one hurricane for ya!!!

Done!

slick
09-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Monkey see monkey do. Simon says get Anna a drink before she goes ape.......

Thanks Anna. BTW still have not found that t-shirt for you but I'll keep looking. Last couple of w/ends I've been doing volunteer work.

mugsy
09-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Congrats and Happy Birthdays all around!! I raise my vanilla diet pepsi, fresca, diet dr pepper, and diet cherry coke in salute.

iceyshiver21
09-18-2003, 10:34 PM
RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA!!!!!!

Could this week be any better...with the exception of the hurricane..:( BUT I GOT A NEW CAR TODAY a pontiac grand prix..my 16 birthday is comming up on the 21rst of October! :) AND IT RAINED TODAY!!

HAPPY THURSDAY ALL!

babolaypo65
09-18-2003, 10:41 PM
You got a car?? Your own? You're so lucky!!! My parents never bought me a car when I was young.

anna_66
09-19-2003, 07:03 AM
Monkey see monkey do. Simon says get Anna a drink before she goes ape.......

Thanks Anna. BTW still have not found that t-shirt for you but I'll keep looking. Last couple of w/ends I've been doing volunteer work.
Your welcome, and thank you:D

Originally posted by Richard
one hurricane for ya!!!

Done!

Thank you Richard!

iceyshiver21
09-19-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
You got a car?? Your own? You're so lucky!!! My parents never bought me a car when I was young.

LOL!! I thought I'd have to buy my own too...BUT our friend owed us money and gave us the car instead :D

How's the hurricane going you all?!

slick
09-20-2003, 04:40 PM
I was thinking about next week's theme and I don't recall having a Mexican theme before. We could have a fiesta and get some pinata's up and any PT'ers who hit a milestone that day can have a turn at it. Maybe we could persuade Richard to give a Flamingo dance. The DOTD would have to include Jose Cuervo somehow or a good Spanish Wine. Anybody got any maracas?? What do you think??

iceyshiver21
09-20-2003, 09:01 PM
maracas?? Funny you should bring that up..I was just playing with one...I threw it at my brother and he took it and hid it :( :p

LOL! does that mean I have to get 800+ posts so I reach 3000 before next thursday!?!?! Geez I better get going :D