PDA

View Full Version : Back from CA....

Chinadoll
09-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Joey got back in the States a couple of weeks ago. He called me last week because it looked like they'd be in CA for a lot longer than they thought and he couldn't wait any more to see me. He called me back that same night and gave me flight info. I love that I have the freedom and a great job to where I can make plane reservations on impulse late Tuesday, tell work Wednesday, and fly out Thursday morning. I just got back late last night.

Joey was able to get off base and meet me at the airport. I can't begin to describe how happy and ecstatic I was to see him. We stayed at a gorgeous hotel in Oceanside which was basically across the street from Camp Pendleton. He still had to report in in the mornings, but we basically had evenings and the weekend together. It was wonderful. I love CA. The weather is gorgeous. While Joey was on base I got to visit family in San Diego. Best spur of the moment trip ever. I'll have to post pics after work.

Something strange...when I got home from the airport, I dragged my heavy suitcase out the trunk and dropped it on the ground. After dragging it inside, I went back outside and looked by the trunk to see if I had dropped anything and what do I find on the ground but a Marine Corps challenge coin.

Marines will usually carry around this coin with the Marine Corps symbol(the eagle globe and anchor) on it and sometimes on the other side it has that Marine's battalion etc.. I'm sure it has other meaning, but I also know that Marines will use this coin at a bar. Basically, they'll take out the challenge coin and if the other Marine doesn't have it, they have to buy the drinks.

It was just weird. I have no idea where it came from. I come back from visiting my fiance' whose Marine Corps unit just got back from overseas and this is the first thing I find when I get home just sitting there in my driveway. I know it's not Joey's because I moved since he's been gone and he has yet to see the new house. It has to have been out there for awhile because it's very weather worn and scratched up. I can't believe I haven't noticed it until now. Maybe I have too much of my superstitious Italian grandmother in me, but I think that coin was there for a reason. Like it was meant for me to find it. I have no idea why or what it means, it was just strange.

Anywho...just wanted to share. I'll post pics of my trip later. Hopefully *knock on wood* Joey should be back home in the next two weeks.

Miss Meow
09-17-2003, 04:11 PM
I'm glad you got to see Joey and he's back on American soil :)

Hope he's back home soon.

zippy-kat
09-17-2003, 08:12 PM
How sweet! So glad you guys got to visit for a bit. Hopefully, he'll be back with you shortly.

Cookiebaker
09-17-2003, 08:40 PM
Wow that's great that you got to see him in CA. I can only imagine how relieved you feel that he made it back safe.

Just 2 more weeks...2 more weeks...;)

Dakota's Mommy
09-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Congrats! I'm so happy for you two! It sounds wonderful for him to be back in the states and for you to have gotten to see him! I'm so happy for you guys!