PDA

View Full Version : my god mothers cat :(:(

tikeyas_mom
09-17-2003, 01:03 AM
my god mother has two cats, mango (orange tabby) and acorn(greyish black). she lets them out every night to play for an hour then they come back in when they are ready. Well the other night only acorn came home and Mango didnt :(:(:(... There is a HUGE gully right near by, and there have been cyoties spotted there in the past. he has been missing for the past 4 days :(:(:( ... she has been looking at the local shelters and everything for him, but he hasnt turned up, she has also looked around her naibourhood and around the highway, but he isnt there either. :(:(:(:(... I am so sad for her. Mango was he first cat and she really misses him... I dont know what eles for her to do. other then put up posters... :(:(

any advise??

Soledad
09-17-2003, 01:34 AM
I'm sorry for your Godmother's loss. I think that now would be the time to advise her that letting cats outdoors with coyotes nearby is not a good idea, and to keep Acorn inside from now on.

I guess I don't understand why anyone would let a cat out (especially at night) knowing that there are coyotes near by. :confused: :rolleyes:

I really hope poor Mango comes home safe and sound.

jazzcat
09-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Oh no, I hope he shows up soon, safe and sound.

catland
09-17-2003, 10:58 AM
I'm so sorry - its always so hard when a pet is missing.

You are doing the right things with posters and checking shelters. I'd also recommend going door-to-door with a picture. This sometimes helps jog people's memories.

Sometimes a curious cat gets locked in a garage or shed for a few days - you might look around to see if there are any places like that.

I hope you find Mango. Good luck.

catlover4ever
09-17-2003, 12:07 PM
When posting pictures try to wrap them in a clear plastic wrap, that way if it should rain the posters will not get ruined. Also, go door to door, ask the neighbors if they would not mind looking in their garages/sheds etc. Ask the neighbors if they have large back/front yards if they would mind if you did a search of their yard....if Mango was hit by a car or attacked by another animal he/she may be laying out of plain site. Take Mango's pictures to the shelters....the receptionist/secretary may not be aware of a new animal coming into the shelter.....aks to see ALL of the cats (sometimes shelters have a seperate area for animals that they do not know the entire history of...like a quarantine area).

I hope Mango comes home safe and sound.

ramanth
09-17-2003, 12:46 PM
Can't think of anything that hasn't already been suggested.

Sorry to hear about your godmother's cat. :( Hopefully Mango will reappear unscathed.

Logan
09-17-2003, 01:52 PM
When we visited in Massachusetts a couple of years ago, my friend, Patti, said that she always got sad when she saw a "lost cat" sign. She knew that the chances of a lost cat being found were few and far between because of the coyotes. :( I hope that Mango hasn't met the same fate.

Thankfully, there are no coyotes in SC. I would not let my cats outside if there were.