PDA

View Full Version : Daily morning routines?

Cookiebaker
09-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Do you have a daily routine with your pets?? I was just thinking about this this morning, and though I never really planned it out, we definitely have a set schedule.

First we eat breakfast, and then Malone gets his breakfast chompos. Then Mark takes him out for a short walk to go potty and get a few minutes of exercise.

Then I rush around getting Willow his green & pellets, and sweep around his cage.

Then it's down to feed & water and give millet to Rilla, and feed the fish. Check the kitty food, water, and peek in the litterbox to see if it needs emptying (scoop if necessary).

Make a special treat kong for Malone; put him in his kennel and then *whew* rush off to work.

Are we the only ones with an insane schedule every morning???

Pam
09-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Yes mornings are crazy aren't they! :) My first duty is to let the dogs out. Next thing is to feed the cats which, by now, are meowing and rubbing all over my legs. This is a little more tricky these days as I have to separate the kitties because Trevor was diagnosed with diabetes and is on a special food. :) Then the dogs come in and they get fed. While they are eating I have to put the little masonite "flap blocker" over the kitty hole so Trevor doesn't come up and get their food. :eek: After about 10 min. or so I go down and take up the kitty bowls and allow them to mingle once again and also do a morning litter box scoop. Then it's back upstairs to take up the dog bowls . Whew! Of course in between all of that there is coffee to be poured for the humans! It's all played over again around 6:00 PM as all four of mine eat twice a day. :)

slleipnir
09-16-2003, 08:03 PM
We don't really..other then food. I get up, and first thing I do is feed them. They know it too lol and infact will do anything to get me up so I don't miss their breakfast ;) They then go outside.
They know when all their meals are. for dinner or whatever, Josie will come and stare at me till I feed her (litterally, she won't stop till you get up)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Not really, I get up at about 6:45, wake up the dog (she sleeps later than I do..) and let her out before people start going to school because they are mean to her, I have never caught them hitting her, but let me tell you, if I ever do... I can tell they are rude to her because I watch. She wanders around, then if she sees someone coming, she cowers on the porch, ears down and waits for me to let her in. :(

But otherwise, not really. My mom feeds her before she leaves... I feed Eggroll in the morning... Tang and Crayola too... other than that, nope!

binka_nugget
09-16-2003, 08:17 PM
Mine's not as complicated as everyone elses.

7:00 - alarm rings..stumble out of bed to grunt at the alarm clock, turn it off and go back to bed
7:45 - wake up and curse because I'm running late. Take Kai out for a pee right away
7:46 - Gather everything for school and cram it in my bag. Feed kai when done w/gathering things.
8:00 - Dash out the door to make it just in time for my bus

Kfamr
09-16-2003, 08:45 PM
I get up around 5:00 am.
Simba and Nala continue to sleep while I take a shower.
When I'm done taking a shower, I get dressed and brush my hair.
I then let them outside. While they're outside, I snoop around on PT for a while. I let them back in.

I give Simba his pills and ointment. I roll around on the floor with Simba, rubbing his ears and getting kisses from him. While Nala normally waits and stares at her bowl. :rolleyes:

Then I feed them. Depending whether or not i'm late, Nala either eats in her cage or I let her eat then put her in her cage.
I put fresh water in her cage every morning when I put her in there.

At around 6:15 I..
Walk off to the bus stop to meet my friend Megan and we ride on the bus to school, Normally talking and singing songs that make us seem like total crackheads. (Cartoon theme songs, and so on... We also talk aobut the beautiful cones on the way to school, as well as on the way home ;x) YIPEE!

Twisterdog
09-16-2003, 10:32 PM
I let Pepper and Wishbone out the crates. (I have a doggie door, so they all let themselves out to potty, and they free-feed.)

I feed the fish.

I give food and water to the birds, and move Little Bird's cage in front of the door, so he can see outside during the day.

Then I wake up my grouchy son, and he has to: give food and water to his birds, feed his fish and tadpole and shrimp, spray some water on his snake's plant and his venus flytrap.

Then it's off to work and school!

I'm NOT a morning person!

lovemyshiba
09-16-2003, 11:04 PM
Our routines vary, but on days when my husband works early and I don't, it goes like this--he wakes up, dogs go out for potty, then they come back and sleep with mommy--not until he leaves the house though!! We sleep in for a while, and then get up, more potty time, and then food.

When I have to work in the morning, it is crazy--I get up, dogs go out, food gets dished out, I get showered and ready, dogs go out again, I dash out the door, after making up 4 kongs for them!!!

Regardless of what day it is, apparently I have some kind of magical power over the dogs. If I wake up at like 5am to go to the bathroom, as soon as one toe hits the floor, they're all up with me. When my husband gets up, they all keep snoozing:rolleyes:

Cookiebaker
09-17-2003, 06:00 AM
If I wake up at like 5am to go to the bathroom, as soon as one toe hits the floor, they're all up with me. When my husband gets up, they all keep snoozing
:rolleyes:

That is sooo cute! It made me smile. They love their mommy better! :)

Pam
09-17-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba

Regardless of what day it is, apparently I have some kind of magical power over the dogs. If I wake up at like 5am to go to the bathroom, as soon as one toe hits the floor, they're all up with me. When my husband gets up, they all keep snoozing:rolleyes:

LOL! Dogs are no dummies!! I can TOTALLY relate to this!!! I would like to feel that the dogs just adore me and that's why they follow me around, but since I am the one who feeds them 99.9% of the time I am sure they are interested in my whereabouts in case I am planning to get out their bowls or something! LOL! :D

Logan
09-17-2003, 07:22 AM
Our routine is the pretty much the same every morning too!

I am always the first out of bed, usually around 6 am. As soon as I'm up, every dog gets up (they all four sleep on the floor in our bedroom). Everyone goes out for their potty break, then come back in for breakfast, although Honey is usually fed outside on the deck so she doesn't have to compete for her food (the others are chow hounds). The kitties just swap places. One usually spends the night outside and one inside (their choice, not mine), and since they are "free fed", there isn't a big deal about feeding them, but Butter always wants to share breakfast with Helen!!! :)

ChrisH
09-17-2003, 07:23 AM
I live alone and also don`t go out to work so, obviously, I don`t have to rush around as some of you all do. Nevertheless I do have morning routine with my Bob and Ebby.

Sometimes I awake to the radio-alarm, sometimes not, either way Bob is nearly always there to hurry me out of bed.:D He can tell when I am grumpy and will go downstairs but otherwise he will either stand with his front paws on the bed nudging and pawing (going to the other side if I pull the covers over) or stick his head under the duvet and lick my toes!

Once I am up it is downstairs and let him out, first out the front (unless it is wet/muddy out there) then out the back. Make myself a cup of tea, bring Bob back in -if he isn`t in already- put him in his crate and, taking my tea with me, go see to Ebby.

Ebbs is nearly always waiting at the door so I am careful opening it, then I get her jar of food and go within reach of her dish and sit on my heels (can`t bend form the waist too much else my back goes :D). Put some food in her dish and then she does her morning greeting, going around and around me purring and being stroked. This is one of the things I love about Ebby, she always does this before going to eat her food, no matter how hungry she is....well, except for when she is getting tuna! :D Check and clean out the litter tray then go get washed and dressed.

Dressed and clean it`s back downstairs and time for Bob`s walk. Sometimes Ebby is down by then but it is not really a problem when letting Bob back out of the crate, he knows it is walk time and couldn`t care less if where Ebbs is, he just wants to be gone!

Once back home, after checking where Ebbs is and giving Bob his breakfast Bonio, I get to eat my breakfast.....at last!:)

cubby31682
09-17-2003, 08:02 AM

Regardless of what day it is, apparently I have some kind of magical power over the dogs. If I wake up at like 5am to go to the bathroom, as soon as one toe hits the floor, they're all up with me. When my husband gets up, they all keep snoozing

Lol. That is my cat.

My morning starts out with hubby getting up, which Cubby gets up to see him off to work after hubby wakes me up a few dozen times. Cubby comes back to bed, sleeps until I get up, some days he keeps sleeping. He goes potty and hangs around me for a while before he decides to eat. He is free eating as well. An hour or so after I wake up, I check and make sure he has plenty of food, with him having 3 cat food dishes its kinda hard for him to run out. Give him fresh water in the one dish the other water dish is automatic.

PJ's Mom
09-17-2003, 08:36 AM
Bailey has a routine. Since she's a morning dog and I'm not a morning person, it's all her routine. Not mine. :D

She jumps up on the bed with me and licks both my hands, then my face. :rolleyes: I've already had a shower by the time I get out of bed. :D

Peej is not a morning dog. His routine is to roll over and let me have the honor of scratching his belly. :D

RubyMutt
09-17-2003, 08:36 AM
Well the very first thing I do when I get up in the morning is come on PT (like I am right now) :D

In a few minutes I'll start getting ready for work while Ruby sleeps some more :o

When I'm showered, dressed, etc... I feed the fish, Ruby, and Blinky, and give Ruby & Blinky fresh water :)

If I have any time left I get some breakfast for me, but usually I don't have enough time so I have to grab something I can eat in the car :o

isis
09-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Every morning,I wake up to Isis,I take Sully outside.We walk up the rode and back.Sometimes we go down the main road,and other times we go threw the woods behind my house!:D Then we come inside and I give him a milkbone.He dosn't eat around us for some reason.:confused: Then he goes in my sisters closet to sleep.:)

Cataholic
09-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Every morning it is the same thing, seven days a week. Mom calls to wake me up 4-5 times. I get up, and go to the kitchen, bypassing the bathroom. Binx remains sleeping on the floor, usually. Sometimes, Binx wakes up the first time mom calls, and sits on the floor and whines to tell me it is potty time. He waits until I get up, and he falls back asleep.

In the kitchen, I pill Tex first. He is ALWAYS waiting on the counter. I then give Tex wet food, freshen his water. I hit the closet for dry food for the tiny tuxie tornados, accidently hit Tenny in the head trying to put food in one of the three dry food bowls, freshen the floor cats water. Binx has usually made it to the kitchen door way by now. I put his food and water out, grab a scoop of food, and head to Minnie's hideyhole, where I fill her bowl, clean her bathroom, and take her water bowl back to the kitchen, along with the scoop. I put the scoop back in the cats food, close the closet, fill Minnie's bowl, pet her some, and close her door. (Don't worry, she has a Minnie sized door). I then put on the coffee, go to my room, and start dressing for the walk. Binx has now started doing backflips, and I go to the porch, put on shoes, and we hit the road. 30 minutes later, we are home. I grab some water and some coffee, and hit the shower. Once I am dressed, and ready to leave, I exit through the basement to the garage, scooping the other cats bathrooms right before I leave. Every morning. Same routine. Sometimes, on the weekends, I let Binx out first, and then grab some coffee, and we walk...

The evening routine is simpler. I let Binx out, or in, if he has been outside all day. I freshen his food/water, give Tex his liquid meds, and his pill, treat him, and freshen the water bowls of the other cats, if necessary.

slick
09-17-2003, 12:36 PM
6:30 am - I wake up and, of course, go to the bathroom.
6:31 am - pet Max who has followed me into the bathroom.
6:34 am - walk to the kitchen and reach down and pet Speckles on the way.
6:35 am - pick up all the cat dishes and place them in the sink.
6:36 am - wipe out the cat dishes and pour in hot water for soaking.
6:40 am - scoop the poop.
6:43 am - go back to kitchen and wash all cat dishes with hot water and soap. Then dry and place on counter.
6:47 am - take filtered water from fridge and fill up 3 water dishes. Then place two of them on special placemats for Max and Speckles and put the 3rd one on the guest bathroom counter for Max.
6:50am - go back to the kichen and run cold water while taking out my vitamins from the fridge. Then fill up my big thermos with ice cubes.
6:52am - fill up glass with water from filter (to take my vitamins with) then fill up all empty ice cube trays and place in freezer.
6:55am - fill up big thermos with water and secure lid. Place on counter with lunch that I made the night before. Then take vitamins.
6:58am - fill cat food dishes with selected amount of dry food and give to cats. Pet Max. Pet Speckles.
7:00am - make bed and lay out clothes to wear to work. Then floss.
7:03am - take a shower.
7:15am - Get out of shower, wrap in towel, brush teeth
7:20am - step over Max to get into the bedroom to get my comb from purse. Then step over Max again to get to the bathroom to comb my hair.
7:23am - step over Max again to go to bedroom to put comb away and get wet towel off bed.
7:25am - step over Max again to go to bathroom, hang up wet towels.
7:28am - this time step across Max and open clothes closet.
7:30am - finally get tired of stepping over Max and I bend down and give him the tummy rub he's waiting for.
7:35am - get dressed and pack my bag for work with change of clothes, big thermos and lunch. Then scoop the poop once more.
7:40am - give Speckles a kiss and smooch and make sure Max gets the same thing.
7:45am - finally out the door for work.

Gee, how much more exciting can life get???

Chinadoll
09-17-2003, 01:10 PM
-At 6:45 the alarm goes off
-roll over and slap snooze button
-remove cat from head
-other cat starts meowing loudly
-grumble and curse because I can't find the snooze button on cat
-around 7 I stumble out of bed
-usually trip over a cat on the way to the fert room
-clean and refill all water and food bowls in fert cage
-gather up all sleeping ferts from their play area and put them in their cage for the day(they spend all evening and night out in their playpen area)
-trudge downstairs to feed and water kitties...amazing I haven't killed myself tripping over hungry kitties going downstairs
-trudge back upstairs to brush my teeth only to wait 5 minutes for kitties to finish drinking out of my sink even though I just cleaned and refilled their water bowl downstairs only seconds ago
-dress and leave for work while staring in envy at kitties lounging in the living room as I lock the door.

Aspen and Misty
09-17-2003, 02:48 PM
My new daily routine is my alarm goes off at 6. I get up, wash my face. Get dressed and take breeze for a walk while Nova snoozes on her bed (she's to lazy to get up that early, lol) I then come home, feed Breeze and Nova jump in the shower. Get dressed take Breeze out and then let Nova out. Put Breeze in her kennel and give her her mornign 2 treats and give Nova her treats. Then go to school.

Ash

robinh
09-17-2003, 02:55 PM
-My day starts too early to note, but when the alarm goes off my first task is try to get out from underneath whichever dog has decided to sleep on me.
-I struggle down the hall and let 2 dogs out the back door, then go the kitchen to start the coffee.
-Go back to the bathroom to go potty and then yell at Dick to get up.
-While he's trying to get awake, I go let the first 2 dogs in and let another 2 out (their idea to go out this way - NOT mine).
-Go back to bathroom and turn on curling irons.
-By this time, Dick is awake and moving so I go make the bed (before anyone changes their mind and gets back in) that is if Max is up. If not, I make the bed later.
-If he is up, I follow him down the hall and let him out while the 2 that were out come in.
-While I'm waiting, I can go back and let Max in hoping that one of the first 4 don't want to go back out. I also check to see if any laundry or dishes need to be picked up, washed, put away, etc.
-By this time Dick has already left for work so I get in the shower, do my hair, eat breakfast and fix my lunch.
-All the while I'm doing this I stepping/tripping over Max who wants to sit next to me and/or Molly/Muffin/Kirby who want to wrestle underneath my feet and/or Carly who wants to sit by me and get her morning scratches.
-Then I go get the kennels ready for the two youngest dogs - fluff blankets and make sure they have favorite toys to amuse themselves.
-Take any number of dogs back outside to make sure they have had an opportunity to do whatever business they feel necessary. And a couple of them require a chaperone to go poop. (Not my idea - Dick taught them this - but of course, he's gone already)
-Get everyone back inside, put Muffin and Kirby in their kennels, give treats to everyone and run like crazy for the car.
-And people wonder why I'm tired before I ever leave for work.

:confused:

primabella
09-17-2003, 03:01 PM
I don't really have a routine. I wake up at 6:45 and go down to eat breakfast. My mom lets Mickey out of his cage (she gets up too) and he follows her to the living room and they both fall asleep. Then I brush my teeth, change, do my hair and give Mickey a big hug and a kiss. Then I go off to school to make the 7:30 bus. On the weekends, he may either be really sleepy or really awake so depending on that we'll play and stuff. He gets a fresh bowl of water and food (of course) but we don't really follow a scheduele. After school we'll play Frisbee and soccer and on the weekends we'll go for a walk but nothing really according to scheduele.

For the birds--we uncover their cage and change their food and water containers. Sometimes they'll get a bath or I'll clean their cage. I also vacuum around their cage because it makes a royal mess and Mickey has started eating bird seed :rolleyes: .

anna_66
09-17-2003, 04:33 PM
My alarm *ROXEY* wakes me up around 6:30 or 7. I let the girls out, go back to bed for about 1/2 hour (or until Huney cries to come back in).
Get up again, fix Angus & Huney breakfast, then I eat.
Roxey doesn't like to eat first thing in the morning so she eats out of her food ball when she's ready.
When they're done with that they get a treat.
Of course Roxey sits around and stares at me while they are eating waiting for her treat:o
Then they lay around for about an hour or so while I surf the net.
Then the girls go back out (of course Angus won't...but about 10 min. later he wants out too:rolleyes: He can never just go out with them!)
10 minutes or so later they want back in!
Then from there they pretty much sleep till I get ready for work around 10. Then they want back out and in a couple more times before I leave for work.
Not at all hectic like alot of you.

lovemyshiba
09-17-2003, 05:17 PM
I did forget to mention something--his highness, Kito, needs to be walked for his morning pee--he will not go in the yard:rolleyes:
He only needs to go out front to the bushes by the driveway, but it's an extra few minutes--the things we do for them!!!!!

Pam
09-17-2003, 05:34 PM
I did forget to mention something--his highness, Kito, needs to be walked for his morning pee--he will not go in the yard:rolleyes:
He only needs to go out front to the bushes by the driveway, but it's an extra few minutes--the things we do for them!!!!!

I am afraid that bush is doomed. :) My little toy poodle, Pumpkin, (Rainbow Bridge) used to hit the same bush each morning. Even though he only gave it a tiny little squirt, :o in time it turned brown and died. :rolleyes: