PDA

View Full Version : Mount Washington vacation pics

Vermontcat
09-16-2003, 11:37 AM
Last month I took a short vacation to Mount Washington, NH.
I still have a few more photos!:)

mugsy
09-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Very pretty. It's good to see that it has been taken care of that well. Nice backdrop too.

Vermontcat
09-16-2003, 11:41 AM
I also posted a couple of photos in Cat General of two kitties that I met on vacation. So go check out those photos too if you haven't already!:)

Cookiebaker
09-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Gorgeous pics. Vermontcat!!! That area is so pretty, isn't it? I love going there.

Did you go horseback riding?? Hope you had a great time on vacation!

delidog
09-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Vermontcat...
Great Pics,I know that Hotel well...we used to do a Grand Prix at Attitash every summer after the Vermont circuit finished...
Beautiful Area.....

Did you see the Numbers on Those Cones' Backs.....
Beware....That is a "Cone Chain Gang"
They are Delinquent Cones that are serving time in "Cone Jail"
It is Common to see them working on or alongside the highway...
They are paying their dues...
The"Cone Warden" wants to make them the example...
So no Junior Cones go down "The Wrong Road";)
Sometimes you will see the unfortunate member of a Cone Chain Gang....That one who just cannot take the Solitude,Hard work,No Entertainment,No Family except 1 day per week Visits...Anymore...They will try to break free from the rest of the cones...to escape....But Due to the Fact that they Are working on Interstate Highways...(You know the Logistics)They Rarely make the crossing....You will many times see 1 by itself...left by the others...Just a Lonely piece of mangled plastic...We all know what has happened...
Beware Vermontcat....They will try to hitch a ride when you pass by.....Do Not Give in to them......I know they will put on theri "Cute Face"...Do Not Fall for this.....

We Cannot be Too Careful!!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-16-2003, 11:38 PM
Beautiful pics. :) It sure looks like you had a great time.

delidog
09-17-2003, 07:17 PM
I hope that Vermontcat heeds my warning!!!;) :)

Dakota's Mommy
09-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing!

Corinna
09-18-2003, 10:18 AM
Those are great pics , the hotel used in the shining is Many Glacier hotel here in Montana and the place is haunted . Have a freind who had an intresting experance there this spring. The shining is based on the events that happened there at Many Glaicer.

Vermontcat
09-18-2003, 11:30 AM
Thanks everyone!:)
Cookiebaker, yes we did go horseback riding.
Here is one more photo I found that my husband took.
Delidog, you sure do get around, I never would have guessed that you have been there!
Don't worry about the cones, my husband wouldn't let me pick up any strays on the roadside.
If you look carefully in the first cone photo, one of the cones is laying on its side pretending to be hurt so that the red van would stop for it.;)

Corinna, I thought that hotel from "The Shining" was in Colorado, at least I knew it was in the Rockies.
Do you have a website link to it? I may go do a search myself because I would love to see it.:)

delidog
09-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Vermontcat,
I am so glad that your husband was there to warn you....That falling on the ground sideways trick is an Old one...Many before you have Fallen for that one!!!!!!
So gald you made it safely!!!!;) :)

You are right,I do get around...when you spend 17 years on the road 380 days per year,at Every Major Horse Show in U.S.,Can. andEurope...you tend to see quite a Bit!!!!

I miss that life!!!!