PDA

View Full Version : Gustav

bisi.cat
09-16-2003, 10:49 AM
This is the first time I post on the Pet Site...I want to tell you how much I love to see the cockatiel pictures here, because when I was a child I had a cockatiel, too...his name was Gustav and he was a rescue...his previous owners have given him to their children as a Christmas Present and that poor guy flew right into the Christmas tree...and of course they all tried to get hold of him and grabbed him...:( ...until this day he was afraid of hands...and even after he was at our home he never ever lost the fear of hands...
Nevertheless he was a smart and loving guy and he loved to sing along with us, hanging out with us (he only was caged at night) and sometimes he even allowed us to give him kisses on the wings...
He very much enjoyed listening to music and his favourite song throughout the years was "Hunting high and low" from AHA...whenever I hear that song today I remember him...he is one of the fond memories I have of my childhood...
I really love to see all the happy tiels here!!!

Here's a pic of Gustav...unfortunately the quality is really poor as the picture is quite old and I had to photograph it with the digital camera to share...

Logan
09-16-2003, 11:04 AM
What sweet memories, Bisi, of your precious Gustav. I love that name!!! He was a lucky bird to come into your family.

One of ours, Milly, is not much on being held either. I have no idea what happened with her in her earlier life, but I have decided not to press her. She is my "rescue" girl, and loves to be near Roger, who is much more sociable. Milly comes to us on her own terms, when she is ready, but loves to perch on our shoulders.

Thank you for introducing us to Gustav. :)

popcornbird
09-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Thanks for telling us about your tiel of the past! What a gorgeous and sweet birdie he was! You were definitely very fortunate to have him in your life. :) Thanks for sharing!

GoldenRetrLuver
09-16-2003, 10:05 PM
What a pretty 'tiel! Looks a little like my Piper. :) I bet he was a wonderful bird, thanks for sharing his story! :)

P.S. Whenever you want to see more cockatiel pics, just ask. I'd be glad to post some. :)

Killearn Kitties
09-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Aaaw what sweetie your Gustav looked. I love his spikey hair! :D