PDA

View Full Version : Soaps anyone?

dukedogsmom
09-15-2003, 10:07 PM
I haven't seen this addressed yet so I thought I would do so. Do you have any favorite soap operas and if so, what are they? You won't believe this but a GUY at work got me hooked on Young and the Restless and boy is it getting good now! I haven't watched that since back in the Danny days and that was ages ago. I also on occasion watch Days of Our Lives. Just thought it would be interesting to see what people watched.

GoldenRetrLuver
09-15-2003, 10:20 PM
My mom watches "All My Children". She has me watching it now! :o The part where Maria didn't know who she was, was suspenceful! lol. :p

Kfamr
09-15-2003, 10:22 PM
i used to watch All my children with my mom, but neither of us watch it anymore.

wolfsoul
09-15-2003, 10:35 PM
Passions :o lol.

I usually hate soap operas, but in the summer I got hooked to Young and the Restless. It was getting interesting.

But now it's back to school, and away with the afternoon programs!

wolf_Q
09-15-2003, 11:04 PM
I don't care for soaps.

carole
09-15-2003, 11:46 PM
I'm sorry to say but American Soaps bore me , they are all so full of the BEAUTIFUL, RICH people, and the story-lines are ridiculous, obviously I have watched them from time to time, but only because there was nothing else to watch, quite frankly you can miss like 6mths of it and still catch up.

I mean how many times has Marlena been rescued,? and the story line with HOPE OR GINA, silly silly silly.

Give me good old british soaps anytime, CORONATION STREET, EMMERDALE FARM, good down to earth stories, realistic, and even ugly people.

Just my HONEST Opinion folks, no offence mean't.

If i really had to choose maybe , the young and the restless over days of our lives, but I usually hit the OFF BUTTON .

The Cat Factory
09-16-2003, 12:06 AM
I watch General Hospital and Days Of Our Lives everyday. Days is getting pretty interesting with the serial killer storyline. I wonder who the killer will be?

CamCamPup33
09-16-2003, 06:56 AM
My fav is Bold and the beautiful!! :D Your right DDM young and the restless is getting good! but i feel bad for ashley! gosh im not gonna be able to watch them today!! :p :p

isis
09-16-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
My mom watches "All My Children". She has me watching it now! :o The part where Maria didn't know who she was, was suspenceful! lol. :p

Me and my friends were bored and started to flick channels and we came acrossed that show.that was the only time though,
we just couldn't stand to watch it!lol!:D

micki76
09-16-2003, 08:42 AM
I’ve been watching DOOL since I was a pre teen when my mom got me started watching it. I remember some of the stories before that too, with Maggie and Mickey and those folks. I still watch when I go home for lunch most of the time, but so many of the characters are silly and nothing like they used to be. The writing is getting a bit better since the new writers took over, but I just don’t have much interest in any of the storylines. They just keep rehashing the same stuff. Of course, I know they run out of ideas and there’s only so much you can write about.

Tina
09-16-2003, 08:44 AM
I use to watch "Days Of Our Lives" all of the time. But I kinda stopped watching it. Every once in awhile I'll try to watch it to see what is going on.

And I also like "Passions" but sometimes it can get pretty boring. Seems like it just drags on and on.........:rolleyes:

ScantyNebula
09-16-2003, 09:27 AM
I watch DOOL ... I used to watch it all the time when I was in highschool, then I started college and stopped watching it for 2 years - but now I'm back into it again :)

slick
09-16-2003, 11:11 AM
I'm not too ashamed to admit that I'm hooked on Y & R and Coronation Street.

As with most soaps you can miss 6 mths worth and catch up in one show and I do just that with Y & R. But C Street is my Sunday morning ritual. Don't be calling my between 8am and 10am or you'll get the answering machine.

If I'm really desperate to find out what's going on, I have the websites in my favourites...

bluekat
09-16-2003, 04:43 PM
I'm embarassed to say, but I watch Passions:o Well, used to, in the summertime. Now there's school, so I can't watch it. I have NO IDEA why I watch it though, because Passions, in my opinion, is a very boring and stupid show. I'm just curious about what'll happen, so that's why I guess.

puppygrrl4eva7
09-16-2003, 06:13 PM
The summer I was going into 6th grade I got hooked on "Passions", lol I used to love that show but I finally got bored of it, since it took about 3 shows just for someone to walk across a room and open a door, and about a year for someone to ask someone else if they will marry them, example Teresa and ( ugg *forgets his name*), btw did they ever get married? last time I checked she had a baby and yea..........................:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pam
09-16-2003, 07:16 PM
I was an All My Children fan years ago. The best story line was when Janet (from another planet) put Natalie in the well. :) I haven't watched it in the past several years though. It just isn't as good. :(

Chinadoll
09-17-2003, 11:43 AM
Been watching General Hospital for the last decade and before that *edit* opps I mean.. Santa Barbara not Another World until it was cancelled. I got digital cable just so I could get the SoapNet channel and watch GH in the evening. Isn't that sad?! I also keep up with but don't regularly watch the rest of the ABC soaps... AMC, PC, & OLTL.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-17-2003, 12:30 PM
I watch Port Charles which is going off on Oct 3rd, and All My Children, and Passions. They all get a little boring but they are better than the talk shows in my humble opinion.:D

Miss Meow
09-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Hello

My name is Nicole and I am a Bold and the Beautiful addict.

I tried to blame my friend Rachel for my addicition. She used to leave work early and e-mail me the show's happenings from her home. I tried the show a few times and never thought I'd be addicted. But then, one day, I learned how to program the video so I wouldn't miss an episode. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

I still didn't consider myself an addict, until one day I looked up Bold's website so I could preview future shows. I even did it at work, using the government's resources. I had to admit I was an addict ...

:)

bluekat
09-17-2003, 04:59 PM
I used to love that show but I finally got bored of it, since it took about 3 shows just for someone to walk across a room and open a door, and about a year for someone to ask someone else if they will marry them
True, very true. One day in our lives is like a week in Passions, or a month, lol:p

CamCamPup33
09-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Hello

My name is Nicole and I am a Bold and the Beautiful addict.

I tried to blame my friend Rachel for my addicition. She used to leave work early and e-mail me the show's happenings from her home. I tried the show a few times and never thought I'd be addicted. But then, one day, I learned how to program the video so I wouldn't miss an episode. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

I still didn't consider myself an addict, until one day I looked up Bold's website so I could preview future shows. I even did it at work, using the government's resources. I had to admit I was an addict ...

:)

Hello nicole and thanks for confessing up to it!! :D ;) ME TOO!! i love bold and the beautiful.. have u seen it recently?!?! omg i *HATE* macy!! :D

Miss Meow
09-17-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
Hello nicole and thanks for confessing up to it!! :D ;) ME TOO!! i love bold and the beautiful.. have u seen it recently?!?! omg i *HATE* macy!! :D

We are a few months behind you, according to the web site updates :) Yesterday's episode was Macy at AA and meeting Deacon - what is she doing now?

I hate Stephanie, but not enough to stop me watching :)

CamCamPup33
09-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
We are a few months behind you, according to the web site updates :) Yesterday's episode was Macy at AA and meeting Deacon - what is she doing now?

I hate Stephanie, but not enough to stop me watching :)

oh really?!? wow that was a long time ago.. do you really want me to spoil your suprise?! :D :p You hate stephanie?! i love her!! lol she will get better... :D

Dakota's Mommy
09-18-2003, 10:03 AM
Mom & Dad got me hooked on Young & the Restless a while ago. I tape it since I work at that time and then watch it after work!

cocker_luva
09-18-2003, 02:59 PM
mine is PASSIONS, which is on NBC.