PDA

View Full Version : Their Guardian Angels

ilovehounds
08-15-2001, 12:34 PM
Hi all,

An amazing lady I have met over the internet came up with an amazing idea to help spread the word about puppy mills and animal cruelty.

I had the pleasure of helping her out a little on making this beautiful site.

Now that the site is completed we need other amazing people to help us in working to achieve the dream of there being no more puppy mills and no more animal abuse.

Please visit this site and see if you have the time to become Their Guardian Angel, a voice for the voiceless.

Their Guardian Angels (http://www.homestead.com/theirguardianangels/)

Thank You

Their Guardian Angel Of Hope

08-15-2001, 12:57 PM
Thank you for sharing this. I hope to add their link to our site and I have also signed up to be a guardian angel.

:)

Logan
08-15-2001, 01:06 PM
Thanks for sharing that. I too, signed up to be a Guardian Angel.

Logan

zippy-kat
08-15-2001, 01:10 PM
What a beautiful web page! A much needed one too...

sammi
08-15-2001, 03:31 PM
OMG! :mad: :mad: I just looked @ some of the pictures.....So sad to see how some people are so heartless to their animals. Thanks for posting the site as it will make more people aware of the help they are doing.

Meg1079
08-15-2001, 03:52 PM
I'm with you, sammi! I don't know how anyone could look into the beautiful eyes of an animal and then abuse it. They must be very sick people to do that. :mad:

jackiesdaisy1935
08-15-2001, 04:01 PM
A page to bring back reality, I also signed up to be an angel, although some would probably question that. :)

ilovehounds
08-15-2001, 04:05 PM
Thank you guys so much for viewing and becoming an angel. You will recieve an email from either Binnie or I giving you a button for your page and instructions on what kind of sites to visit and what to leave in the guestbooks.

The reason this site started was because Bonnie the creator was at work one day and her boss said something about buying a puppy from the pet store. Bonnie being the person she said no don't those puppys come from a puppy mill and you buying him supports and keeps a puppy mill running. Her boss then said "What Is A Puppy Mill ?"

Well believe me when Bonnie was done with him he knew what a puppy mill was, this experiecne got her to thinking that there is a lot of people out there who really don't know about puppy mills and the connections pet stores have with them. So she wrote me asking for a little help in making this site and I think it is a great idae and Im proud to be part of it.

Im also very happy that you guys are supporting it.

Albea
08-16-2001, 11:55 AM
I also signed the petition and sent it to some friends. I don't have the heart to look at the pictures :mad: They make me want to resign from the human race. :mad:

Sudilar
08-16-2001, 03:03 PM
I also have not been able to look at the pictures yet. The rest of the site is beautiful!

ownerof3dogs
08-16-2001, 09:51 PM
You guys would be surprised at how many people don't know about Puppy Mills. last school year In Goverment class all the student had to pretend to be senators and write bills and such. well I decided I would write a bill on puppy mills. And in the bill I had stricter penalties,higher fines, and the person had to do community serves at animal shelters, ect... well when it was time to stand up in front of the class and talk about my bill, none of the kids had any idea what a Puppy Mill was. I was thinking don't you kids watch Animal Planet or the news. And after I explained it to the class and even showed them pics that I had found. they were horrified. but at the end I felt good that I had informed them about this serious problem because these were kids who would have grown up and purchesed a puppy from a pet store and I might have prevented that.
Oh yea they passed my bill and it passed through the president(my teacher) the teacher thought it was the best bill( he had a soft spot for dogs.he owned three pugs)

delidog
08-17-2001, 07:21 AM
that truly is a wonderful site...and much needed...though some of it is hard to read and view...i.e. real world,duchess...(i am part dalmation) and sparkle....this is reality...if there is one life i can save through education then i feel better...i signed up to be an angel ...in memory of my beloved dog scrubber who i lost at 19 years of age....the deli dog

delidog
08-22-2001, 05:59 AM
to i love hounds...i got a very nice reply from the angels site today....there is so much good info there...thank you for sharing this with us...i love hounds too...as i am part hound/dalmation!!!!!the deli dog!!!!! :) :) :)

ilovehounds
08-23-2001, 10:31 AM
I didn't know you were part hound :) got any pics to share ? Hound and dalmation what a beautiful combination.

delidog
08-23-2001, 05:05 PM
i have lots of photos and a scanner...but i am not sure how to post them...i could e-mail them to you directly...i would love to know how you get your furkids photos on your post signature...i have tried and tried..no luck.....but you are right hound/dal. is a great combo...plus i came from the p-o-u-n-d..i still cannot say the word out loud!!!!i was there for 3 months,and at 4yrs. and 70lbs. not a lot of people looked at me!!!!!until my pet human came and rescued me!!!!!now i have a fenced yard and good eats!!! every day...oh and a pool...that i won't get into unless placed by my pet human!!!!!i don't like baths!!!! talk to you later!!!!the deli dog!!! :D :) ;)

Daisy's Mom
08-23-2001, 10:13 PM
Delidog, part hound is the way to be! I'll do anything for a houndie! You can email me your pictures at [email protected] and I will post them for you.

ilovehounds
08-24-2001, 10:06 AM
Deli dog, do you have a webshots photo album ?? if you dont, if you email me I will send you my webshots log in name and pass word so you can go in and upload pics then I will post them for you. I tried to email you but it said your email has been blocked or something.

My email is [email protected]

Im now extra happy to hear you were adopted from the ... well you know what :) that makes you an extra special houndy mix :)

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: ilovehounds ]

delidog
08-24-2001, 06:12 PM
thanks hound fans...i am trying to create an album on webshots as we speak...i will complete and get back to you...i wonder what is up with my e-mail...i did not change my e-mail...it is [email protected],i will let you know how it goes....deli dog :) :)

aly
08-25-2001, 12:52 AM
That is a beautiful site. I am teary and I didn't even look at the pictures. I'm way too emotional for that. I know what I will see though and its awful. I signed up to be an angel :)

delidog
08-25-2001, 07:33 AM
o.k. guys....feeling a little stupid here!!! and blonde on top of that....went to web shots...still could not get them to e-mail...or copy for that matter... :o anyway i e-mailed some deli pictures to my hound friends!!!! thanks for your help....i have better pictures that i scanned in but cannot retrieve(excuse the pun!!) for some reason!!!!! again thank you....hounds stick together!!!! correction...dog lovers stick together!!!deli dog :D ;)

delidog
08-25-2001, 05:03 PM
daisy and your mom...i sent you deli pics...i love hounds and i have had puter opportunities....or maybe it is just my puter!!!!thanks for both of your efforts...the deli dog ;)

Angels3
08-25-2001, 05:44 PM
That is a lovely, much-needed site. You are so right that people do not know what can lie behind those puppy faces in petshops.
The graphic of the angel with the dog is just beautiful.

delidog
08-25-2001, 07:23 PM
daisy and her mom ...i have e-mailed you twice and it keeps coming back as "udeliverable"...can you help??? deli dog :)

Daisy's Mom
08-25-2001, 09:12 PM
Hmmmm I don't know why it wouldn't be working... are you sure you are emailing to the right address? [email protected] A lot of people think
If that doesn't work, you can try to my old one: [email protected] Just tell me if you send to that one so I know to go check it. I hope we figure out what's going on because I am dying to see Delilah!

zippy-kat
08-25-2001, 09:48 PM
I signed up to be an angel!

delidog
08-26-2001, 06:28 AM
daisy and her mom....i sent photos to your other e-mail....let me know when you receive....the deli dog :)

Daisy's Mom
08-26-2001, 07:20 PM
Haven't recieved anything yet... what is going on!?

delidog
08-27-2001, 05:00 AM
got returned again ...as ...undeliverable....maybe i cannot send to hot mail???is this possible???? deli dog

ilovehounds
08-27-2001, 02:14 PM
Did you try uploading them to my website file manager ??

I found great background if they work and I will put together a little page for you.

KayAnn
08-27-2001, 06:25 PM
I really want to be an angel... but do we have to pick from the names listed or can we make one of our own?

Daisy's Mom
08-27-2001, 11:27 PM
Delidog I have no idea what's going on. Have you ever had problems sending to hotmail before? Try checking your options in your account. Maybe you have public email places blocked or something? If you can't find out why, I'll ask if you can send to my dad's address.

ilovehounds
08-28-2001, 10:29 AM
KayAnn you can have any name you want :)
Those names are there to choose from for people who can't think of one.
when you fill out the form just put down the name you have and we will add it to the list with an * beside it so nobody else uses it.
We will be proud to have you as an Angel and look forward to hearing from you.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-28-2001, 11:24 AM
What a beautiful and informative site! Thanks so much for the link to greyhound abuse. Many adopted greyhound owners are actually pro-racing, or neutral on the subject. :eek:
There are so many tracks out there that break the rules and don't get caught - after all, there is only one full-time person, Gary Guccione, who is the keeper of the stud book for all U.S. tracks. He, and a handful of part-time workers, have to travel the country and try to keep these track owners/kennel owners honest. However, even the 'good,' well-managed kennels have typically 200 dogs - you can't believe that those dogs get any personal attention or TLC. When we are trying to get dogs adopted out, we tell prospective adopters that the dogs are usually not abused, but they are neglected.
FYI: Spanish rescue groups tell us that in Spain, if a dog is done with its racing career, it is often hung from a tree and set on fire, in front of a cheering crowd...

Dixie Belle
08-28-2001, 11:35 AM
I have also signed up to be an Angel.

08-28-2001, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 3-greys-and-a-mutt:
<STRONG>What a beautiful and informative site! Thanks so much for the link to greyhound abuse. Many adopted greyhound owners are actually pro-racing, or neutral on the subject. :eek:
There are so many tracks out there that break the rules and don't get caught - after all, there is only one full-time person, Gary Guccione, who is the keeper of the stud book for all U.S. tracks. He, and a handful of part-time workers, have to travel the country and try to keep these track owners/kennel owners honest. However, even the 'good,' well-managed kennels have typically 200 dogs - you can't believe that those dogs get any personal attention or TLC. When we are trying to get dogs adopted out, we tell prospective adopters that the dogs are usually not abused, but they are neglected.
FYI: Spanish rescue groups tell us that in Spain, if a dog is done with its racing career, it is often hung from a tree and set on fire, in front of a cheering crowd...</STRONG>

I just spoke with a gentleman at PetSmart who was there doing their public information/adoptions on greyhounds. I have never really been around one or petted one. Needless to say I completely fell in love! I specifically asked the guy what their stand on racing was because all of their grey's are retired racing dogs. He said that they weren't against it and that these dogs are well taken care of (I am assuming he means just the dogs that are at the Phoenix race track and kennels). They looked good and beautiful. I need a freakin' farm - that is what everyone is telling me because I want so many dogs now!!!! I fall in love with everyone I meet!