PDA

View Full Version : would you.....

bluekat
09-15-2003, 05:49 PM
I've always wanted to ask this for a long time, but just forgot. If you guys could choose, would you want to have eternal life? and never die?
I'm guessing many will say no, that they don't want to live forever, but I think I would like to. I would love to live to see how this world gets to many when many years pass. I think it'll be interesting.
I would also like to see answers to all our mysteries in the world, and I'm pretty sure that after some time, they will get solved.
So what would you guys pick?

RubyMutt
09-15-2003, 06:20 PM
No, it scares me to think about what more humans could do to this planet. I don't want to see it, and can only hope nothing too extreme will happen in my lifetime. Also, I wouldn't want to out-live all my loved ones, especially if I have children one day.

popcornbird
09-15-2003, 06:24 PM
I want to be immortal in heaven, not on this planet. :p

primabella
09-15-2003, 06:30 PM
Same here PCB. I dunno I try to love life but when I'm 100, I wouldn't really mind going. Or so I think. Humans have done so much to this world, I really don't want to live through dozens of wars or arguments. I know good stuff can come along but what if my family, friends and pets can't be immortal? Without them, what is there to live for? :( *shrugs* I say no.

dukedogsmom
09-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Yep, I agree too. We'll see everything going on in Heaven and be really glad we're not here, I'm sure.

GoldenRetrLuver
09-15-2003, 07:01 PM
No, I wouldn't. If my pets can't be immortal, then I would not like too. I would miss them way too much and never see them again. I also agree with Primabella. I would hate to see more horrible things happen in this world.

Twisterdog
09-15-2003, 08:30 PM
I want to be immortal in heaven, not on this planet.

I agree.

wolf_Q
09-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I want to be immortal in heaven, not on this planet. :p

Same here. :)

iceyshiver21
09-15-2003, 09:14 PM
I would like to be immortal..with age comes knowlege that can be passed on..hey who knows maybe english will be a dead langauge someday. I know over time I would prolly become an empty shell and be torn apart with losing friends and loved ones..though.

babolaypo65
09-15-2003, 09:30 PM
One of my favorite novels/movies is about someone who's sorta immortal (Orlando, by Virginia Woolf). The twist is that every generations Orlando switches genders. THAT would be interesting!

Soledad
09-15-2003, 09:41 PM
Since I don't know if heaven exists and am fairly sure that it doesn't, this would be the closest I could get to "everlasting life." I don't know that I'd take it. Like Icey said, you'd have to deal with losing everyone you loved.

My one condition for becoming immortal: my husband would have to be immortal as well. :)

Tonya
09-15-2003, 10:46 PM
I'm a Christian, so I DO have everlasting life. :D

carole
09-16-2003, 12:05 AM
Honestly I don't think I care to live forever, not on this planet, but I do want to live a long and healthy life with all my faculaties about me , if I possibly can.

There is too much pain, suffering and cruelty on Earth, and I don't think it is going to get better, so I don't want to be around to see it all.

Uabassoon
09-16-2003, 12:49 AM
I think it would depend on a lot of things, but for right now I'd have to say no.

bluekat
09-16-2003, 05:05 PM
I want to be immortal in heaven, not on this planet.
yeah, that will be nice:)

I know good stuff can come along but what if my family, friends and pets can't be immortal?

I asked my sister this question, and she said that it'll be nice if you and a group of people were all immortal. I agree with her, or else it'll be boring and sad that you have to leave loved ones over and over again:p

Kfamr
09-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Never thought of it.
Don't think i'd really care.

wolfsoul
09-16-2003, 07:15 PM
I would love to be immortal...but I wouldn't want everyoneto be immortal. The world would just fill up with people lol. And it would be weird if I was the only one..then everyone would be following me around and it would get annoying.

I just hate thinking that one day I'm going to die...One day, I'll leave it all behind, and I'll end up in a old folks home falling asleep at dinner and having to take pills five times a day. My memory will be bad..And there always seems to be one crazy old lady. I'll probably be that one. The crazy old lady that only talks about dogs :rolleyes:

G.P.girl
09-16-2003, 08:48 PM
i wouldnt want to be immortal

because i dont want to see the terrible things that

us humans will do to the world and animals.....

bluekat
09-17-2003, 05:07 PM
I would love to be immortal...but I wouldn't want everyoneto be immortal. The world would just fill up with people lol. And it would be weird if I was the only one..then everyone would be following me around and it would get annoying.

I just hate thinking that one day I'm going to die...One day, I'll leave it all behind, and I'll end up in a old folks home falling asleep at dinner and having to take pills five times a day. My memory will be bad..And there always seems to be one crazy old lady. I'll probably be that one. The crazy old lady that only talks about dogs
I completely agree with you. It would be nice, if you and a group of people and your pets could be immortal. I always hate thinking that one day I'll grow old and have to live in a nursing home or something. I guess you could say that I'm one of those people who's afraid of dying.:p
I would love to be around to see how this world grows and changes, hopefully for the better.

Pam
09-17-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I'll end up in a old folks home falling asleep at dinner and having to take pills five times a day. My memory will be bad..And there always seems to be one crazy old lady. I'll probably be that one. The crazy old lady that only talks about dogs :rolleyes:

This made me laugh!! :D I love your answer! This will probably be me some day! LOL! Back to the question, though, I have to agree with Popcornbird. I want to be immortal in heaven, not here.

cali
09-17-2003, 06:12 PM
no way! I have a horrable life as it is, why on earth would I want it to last forever?? I would not mind if it ended soon quite honestly, I have no "real" friends, besides my pets I have no reason to stay living.

cloverfdx
09-20-2003, 09:43 AM
nope, the world is pretty *censored* up and i would hate to be immortal

I just hate thinking that one day I'm going to die...One day, I'll leave it all behind, and I'll end up in a old folks home falling asleep at dinner and having to take pills five times a day. My memory will be bad..And there always seems to be one crazy old lady. I'll probably be that one. The crazy old lady that only talks about dogs
well if that ever happens i will come and visit you jordan, and we can be crazy old women talking about dogs

*chuckles*

wolfsoul
09-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by cloverfdx

well if that ever happens i will come and visit you jordan, and we can be crazy old women talking about dogs

Hehe, you will be the crazy old lady on the boat or the plane that won't stop talking about dogs. :D

One day we'll all be that lady. :p

bluekat
09-21-2003, 09:27 AM
lol, yeah, my dad was saying that when I get old, I'll be that "crazy cat lady" that kids are going to be afraid of. With all those animals in my house..........:D hehe

Logan
09-22-2003, 08:37 AM
I'm with PCB and Tonya (and a few others). I feel that I will have "eternal life", just not in the way that you described. :)

iceyshiver21
09-28-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
One of my favorite novels/movies is about someone who's sorta immortal (Orlando, by Virginia Woolf). The twist is that every generations Orlando switches genders. THAT would be interesting!
That would be interesting!! I might have to go out and find that book!! :D :D :D

jenluckenbach
09-28-2003, 08:08 AM
NO !!!!!!!! to be perfectly honest, I do not like life that much and I most certainly would NOT want to be ME forever! :(

magcpen
09-28-2003, 01:05 PM
Yes, I'd want to live forever, but only if I could bring my Grandpa with me, and my mom, my aunt and uncle and their dogs, oh, my grandma, too, and most likelt my rats, lol. I'm one of those people that thinks the only way to live eternally is on earth.

I'd bring my stepmom, but she wouldn't want to come, lol.