PDA

View Full Version : ohhh so frustrating and scary!

babolaypo65
09-15-2003, 05:42 PM
On the way back from the dentist (and late for work) this morning I saw a little Rat terrier darting across 7 lanes of traffic on San Mateo (Zip knows, BUSY BUSY street). I stopped. Opened my door. started forcing other drivers to stop. Some how the little guy made it across and ran into a parking lot. He had apparently just COME from that lot because there were all these grocery store employees standing outside calling him. I followed him for about six blocks (residential). I got out, but just then he passed a house with a BIG rot, who barked and he bolted again. I followed him on foot for about another five minutes. He came toward me once, then a school bus started down the street and scared him I lost him eventually :( :( when he darted into a yard. I stayed near my car for a while longer to see if he would come back. Poor little guy...

I only hope that (God forbid) if Owen ever get out and was that scared, that someone would try to find him (and be successful.) Poor guy. I hope he got found.....I called Humane when I got to work, but they couldn't do much other than send a truck out....:(

slick
09-15-2003, 05:48 PM
That's so scary! I remember one day last summer I was on my way home from work and it was very hot (30 deg). I was at a stop light and I noticed a dog walking very slowly on the sidewalk. He/she was very skinny and looked really dehydrated. I stop and tried to get close but he/she was soooo scared that it would not let me near. I tried for about 1/2 hr but jut could not get him/her. I cried all the way home and prayed that God would take care of this little creature.