PDA

View Full Version : Cool Cursors!!!!!! SO COOL!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-14-2003, 05:02 PM
I have an Airedale cursor! It's SO neat! Go to cometcursor.com and click Download CometCursor Plus and when you get it, open it, and you can click on all type of catergories, click dogs, then find your breed!!! It's reaaaaalyyyyyyy cool!

Kfamr
09-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Lol, I had comet cursors a LONG time ago. I deleted and unistalled it because it got so annoying everytime i started my computer up i'd have to wait for it to load and so on.

slleipnir
09-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Comet cursers is spy ware. I wouldn't recomend it

Dogz
09-14-2003, 06:25 PM
I downloaded it, had a pug cursor for about 5 minutes, and then I read this, so I uninstalled it.

Pam
09-14-2003, 06:43 PM
I had it on my machine a long time ago and when my husband found out he wasn't very happy. I just didn't know. :(

dukedogsmom
09-14-2003, 07:35 PM
That place is loaded with spyware. Just thought you'd like to know. I had it a long time ago until I found out about the spyware. Same with bonzaibuddy.com

PepperRSM
09-14-2003, 07:36 PM
and hotbar.com. I found out about that one after i had downloaded it :X

puppygrrl4eva7
09-14-2003, 07:42 PM
What's spyware? My dad changed our cursor so when something is loading it's a flower that opens and closes, or it's a beetle eww, lol. I think he just changed it under our properties, I know he didn't get it from a website.

Kfamr
09-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Audrey told me spyware is where wlel -- people can spy on you. Watch what you're doing on your computer and so on..

Uabassoon
09-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Kazza and IMesh are also loaded with spyware.. my best suggestion download spybot.

primabella
09-14-2003, 08:17 PM
I used to have it also but as Kay said, it took forever to load each time you opened your computer and it would keep popping up messages. It got really annoying so we removed it.

kingrattus
09-14-2003, 10:45 PM
Use ad-aware 6, I've been using it for over a year & its really good :)

ad-aware (http://www.tucows.com/preview/236049.html) The link wont start adownload, it'll bring to to the tucowswebsite, where is shows the downlod &info forad-aware.

All the comp in the house have it & its 100%free:)

dukedogsmom
09-15-2003, 04:01 AM
I use Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy AND Spywareguard. Plus, Norton Anti Virus.

Dogz
09-15-2003, 07:37 AM
I have Norton.. I never knew there was so many things that can spy on you like that! I will have to go through my computer and make sure I don't have anything like that!:eek:

puppygrrl4eva7
09-15-2003, 07:14 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Ewwww OMG I'm so scared someone is watching me through my computer now! What kind of perv's spy on people like that?! How does that even work?

*gives the computer screen the middle finger, so that any freak watching me will know I know they are watching me* (lol Just Kidding you guys)

slleipnir
09-15-2003, 09:37 PM
I don't know if its neccessarily bad..It just means that ppl can watch what your doing type thing..like they know which websites you go to. It can also be as bad as they know everything thats on your comp like software etc.

If you want more info, I found this site.

http://www.onlinepcfix.com/spyware/spyware.htm

basically it says:
"Spyware is unsolicited software that installs without the user's explicit consent, the purpose of which is to traces the user's usage of the internet and sends this information - again without the user knowing this is happening - to a computer ("Server") designated by the developer of the Spyware software. In most cases, this information - including detailed user profiling - is then used to 'tailor' advertising campaigns (popup ads and email advertisements) to target the user with. There are a few Spyware programs that collect user information for yet unknown / undisclosed purposes.

The spyware problem has grown to epidemic proportions recently, with many millions of computers affected. This is some of what Spyware can do:

· Bombard you with unwanted advertising

· Track your site visits and report them back to their controlling servers

· Add banners and links to web pages which slows down page loading times (hence your connection seems slower when it really isn't)

· Degrade system performance and cause errors due to hastily written programs

· Slow down connection speeds since the programs are constantly communicating with their controlling servers

· Open unsecured ports on the infected system hence allowing the makers of the software — or, in particularly bad cases, anyone at all — to download and run software from and to the infected PC

· Change (hijack) browser home page and search settings to point to the makers’ sites (generally loaded with advertising), and prevent you changing it back

· Add their own toolbars with links to their affiliates (for advertising revenue purposes)"

I feel its worse for the fact that a lot of ppl want complete privacy and with this they feel they don't.

Hope that helps you understand more :) (And they don't litterally watch you btw hehe)

dukedogsmom
09-16-2003, 11:05 AM
EMS Free Surfer mk II is a good pop up add stopper. It's a free download. I can't remember where I got it but I just went to google.com and did a search for it. It's safe because I learned about it on tech tv. www.techtv.com You might even be able to find it there. Spyware can even find your name, credit cards used online, etc. It's bad and should be illegal but I don't think it is.