PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I WANT THIS KITTY!!!!

Desert Arabian
09-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Ok, right of the bat: I don't have any photos of this kitty yet, I have to get them developed.

Ok, now the story. I was up at horse camp (Camp Anokijig) this weekend for a work weekend. A group of 260 people rented out the camp....my friend Amy and I were working at the trading post. It was down pouring and freezing cold, so we had the doors shut. It got a little stuffy in there, so I went to open the door to get some fresh air. When I opened the door "Blackie" was lying on the porch trying to stay dry. He got up right away when he saw me and meowed. I felt so bad for him, so I let him inside the trading post, which is a huge no-no. He is a "feral" cat, and the camp can get in big trouble if he bit us, yada yada yada. Well, he may be wild living wise, but he is a big huge baby attitude wise. "Blackie" is well known around camp, I have no clue who named him "Blackie. I hate the name Blackie, so I call him Spanky because he looks like a Spanky, not a Blackie. Well anyways, so he was walking around the trading post smelling EVERYTHING, since this is probably his first time inside a building. He walked around the counter to the "back room" where the extra supplies are kept, found and empty box and crawled inside the box. Once inside the box he proceeded to dry himself off, which made him tired, so he fell asleep. He woke up, and I gave him a bunch of belly scritches, and he gave me a bunch of kisses. Amy and I eventually had to close down the trading post for the day, and I had to "kick" him back outside in the pouring rain. I felt so bad.

I have seen Spanky around camp before this past summer, and I remember saying to myself I wanted him, just because he was so cute appearance wise, well now, since I have gotten to know him I want him because he is so dern cute attitude & personality wise! He even chased me around the trading post when I would run away. When I would scratch his back he would kneed the floor, and he even gave me a little head bumpy!

You guys are probably saying "come on already; tell us what he looks like!" Welllllllll, he is an ADORABLE tuxedo kitty! He has a white facial stripe down the nose, white muzzle, I believe he also has a white chin and neck, white whiskers, white belly, white crotch (between legs and up to the root of his tail), and 4 white stockings on his feet!

I WANT HIM SOOOOOOO BAD! I want to give him a nice warm cozy home, tons and tons and tons of love: something he is deprived of and apparently wants it really bad, yummy food- which he doesn't have to hunt down and kill in the 20 below zero Wisconsin winter. He could also get the shots and medical attention he desperately needs.

Once I post the pictures, I guarantee you EVERYONE will be saying they want him. He is a complete doll and a little love bug too! He is adult size, I have no clue how old, I have to say young though, he doesn't appear to be older than 5 years old or so. Ugh, I wish I could post the pictures now.

What do you think? Should Spanky find a home? Even if I can't personally take him, I at least want to take him the next weekend I go up there, and bring him to the humane society where he WILL find a good home. We wouldn't be there very long that's for sure!

This is what Spanky kinda looks like, except his muzzle/nose is completely white. http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/Sebastian.jpg

Desert Arabian
09-14-2003, 04:28 PM
I forgot to mention: when he was in the box, he made a nice pair of kitty boobies, which made me talk all silly and made me laugh. :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-14-2003, 04:41 PM
He sure sounds adorable and seems to have a great personality too. :) Would your mom let you have another cat? If not then maybe you could foster him until he finds a great loving forever home. I agree that you should try to find him a new home. He certainly deserves a much better life than the one he's living now. Good luck and please keep us updated.

nodgeness
09-14-2003, 09:27 PM
Bring Spanky home! He's already picked you to be his family :-)