PDA

View Full Version : and I thought it was gonna be an average Saturday night !!!

sqwelch
09-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Sat down on Saturday, nice glass of wine with my friend when we suddenly decided a pizza would be nice. Coming home from the shop we witness a seriously dodgy man dump something on some waste ground. We investigate and realise that he's dumped the most cutest wee rabbit I've ever seen in my life (I'm a bit dissappointed it wasn't a kitten though!) Took it home and found out it was tame as anything, get this ....house trained !! First thoughts, I'll give it to the pet shop and after 24hours, stuff it I'm keeping it !! Bonnie (my cat) is actually being quite friendly, obviously I'll not leave them without supervision but so far so good !! I can't believe it, I've got a rabbit, not quite the quiet Saturday night I imagined !!!

Anyone got any advice on a mixed household ??
Or ideas of any names ?

I've attached a pic, don't know how to get it on screen but you might be able too download it.

Barbara
09-14-2003, 02:22 PM
It seems as if up there in heaven someone knew that there was a job as a pet available at your household:)

I think here are quite some people who have bunnies and cats. I won't give any advice but just say: Congratulations Bunny, I hope I can see you tomorrow at my office computer. You have come to a good place and should be glad you escaped that guy. (Ihad written before some different words about him but I remembered that this is a family site).

Edwina's Secretary
09-14-2003, 03:08 PM
What a sweet little bunnie and nicely complementary to Bonnie in color!

May I suggest Clyde????:D :D :D

Uabassoon
09-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Clyde is a great name! I think you should name the bun Clyde. There are a few people on the site that have both bunnies and kitties, maybe they will be able to give you some advice. How ever just in case you were wondering the breed of your bun... his breed is Dutch.

AmberLee
09-14-2003, 04:44 PM
What a blessing for sweet Clyde (if this is the name you go with) that you were there to rescue him!

krazyaboutkatz
09-14-2003, 04:57 PM
He's adorable and I also think that Clyde would be a great name to go with your cat Bonnie's name. :) I'm so glad that you were there to save this cutie pie.:)

Here's a jpg version of his pic so that other's can see what a cutie pie he is.

dukedogsmom
09-14-2003, 07:52 PM
Thanks for posting the jpg! He's so cute. When I was little, I had a black and white rabbit named Nibbles. So, how's that for a name?

Miss Meow
09-14-2003, 09:13 PM
What a dear little bunny! It must be fate, because 10 minutes earlier or 10 minutes later, little 'Clyde' may not have been there for you to rescue.

Aspen and Misty
09-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Hi :D

I have a kitty and 2 bunnies in my house hold and everything is ok. The worst thing is Nova, my doggie though. I would just suggest beign EXTREMLY careful. We always go to extreme mesures with Nova to make sure there is never a accident.

She is adorable. I love Dutch rabbits!! They are a wonderful breed and I'm suprised someone would dump such a n adorable bunny!

Ash

Cookiebaker
09-14-2003, 09:23 PM
What an absolute CUTIE!!!

I can't believe that somone would dump him. :mad: That is awful! But maybe fate was looking out for him in that you found him, so now he's much better off. :)

carole
09-14-2003, 10:03 PM
CONGRATULATIONS on your new addition, the bunny is adorable, I agree with everyone else, CLYDE would be a very good choice of name, is it a boy or girl though?

I am so happy you were there to welcome this lovely creature to your home, SHAME on that HORRIBLE MAN, his loss and your gain:)

Killearn Kitties
09-15-2003, 12:40 AM
What a beautiful bunny!! I understand that rabbits and cats can live quite happily together and rabbits will use litter boxes.

What does bunny think of Bonnie?

gini
09-15-2003, 01:08 AM
There is a saying about "someone elses trash being your treasure."

What a beautiful bunny. Yes, I like the name Clyde too.

Our ZippyKat has both a bunny and a beautiful kitty. I know that she could give you a lot of information on how they coexist.

I think you have found a new resident to love.

CathyBogart
09-15-2003, 01:10 AM
What a gorgeous bunny! Is it a male or a female? If it's male I do like the name Clyde. :) If female...I'm not sure. *chuckles* The breed is Dutch if you didn't know, and your bun looks to be in good health! Best of luck with your new family member!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-15-2003, 01:13 AM
Congrats on the new addition! What a gorgeous bunny, how anyone could discard such a beautiful bunny is beyond me:mad: BUT one day he will have to answer for it!

What does Bonnie think of the new family member?

sqwelch
09-15-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by WolfChan
What a gorgeous bunny! Is it a male or a female? If it's male I do like the name Clyde. :) If female...I'm not sure. *chuckles* The breed is Dutch if you didn't know, and your bun looks to be in good health! Best of luck with your new family member!

Not sure whether its a girl or boy at the moment, will take it to the vet later on in the week !! Does anyone know how big a Dutch rabbit gets ???

CathyBogart
09-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Looks like a full-grown bun, Dutch rabbits generally stay about 6-8lbs. I'm sooo glad you found him/her, can't wait to see you over in pet general!

Logan
09-15-2003, 10:29 AM
How precious he is!!!! :)

I would like to have a word with the slimy guy who dumped him, but who better to have drive along than you!!!! I hope he will be very happy in your home and that you will be happy with him!!! :)

catlover4ever
09-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Good thing you were there. I also like the name Clyde, but dukedogsmom also suggested Nibbles and I like that name too.