PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Meg1079
08-14-2001, 10:56 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Meagan, and I'm actually a long-time lurker, first time poster. I found this website a few months ago, when a friend of mine sent me the address. (Well okay, I didn't really find this website, my friend did, so anyway... :)

Right now my family has one dog. He's a poodle, his name is Tobie, and he just turned two years old this summer. He's the first dog we've ever had, and we all love him to bits! To be honest, though, Tobie doesn't really have the face of a poodle; I think his face looks more like a terrier's, but that's just my opinion. I'll try and get his picture up here one of these days, once I figure out how!

Anyway, I'm sorry for the rambling. I look forward to posting here more often! :)

Sudilar
08-14-2001, 11:07 PM
Welcome, Meagan!! You're going to love it here. Can't wait to see a pic of Tobie!!! This BB is a lot of fun!

Sue (owned by two rescued GSDs, Killian and Shiloh)

kobieeli
08-14-2001, 11:30 PM
Greetings, Meagan!

My doctor has four (!) poodles she adores, and although I'm not a poodle-gal myself they sure sound like a riot. Enjoy your furkid and welcome!

-Amber, Kobie, and Eli

Meg1079
08-14-2001, 11:51 PM
Thank you both for the warm welcome!
:)

zippy-kat
08-15-2001, 12:12 AM
Welcome to a very friendly and very addicting site!!! lol

Karen
08-15-2001, 01:56 AM
Welcome!

Pam
08-15-2001, 06:14 AM
Meg1079 Welcome! I love that line...."I was a lurker!" :D Yes this site is VERY addictive as you will soon see. My brother-in-law found it and told me about it. He never visited again but I got hooked! I am a poodle lover too! I have had four who have gone on to the Rainbow Bridge and am now the mommy of a cream colored standard little girl. Actually she's not so little any more. She is 7 months old and her name is Bella. There are at least two other poodle people on this board but there are lots and lots of other great dogs represented here. You will come to love them all! We are like a big family here. Please feel free to post a picture. We'd all love to see your baby!

AdoreMyDogs
08-15-2001, 06:17 AM
Welcome Meagan! We have some extreme poodle lovers here on this board! I never used to be too fond of them, but I LOVE them now that I have had the pleasure of "meeting" some of the extraordinary poodles that are loved by their owners, and I would even LOVE to adopt a poodle someday.

I'd love to see a picture of Tobie (great name!) if you ever get any pictures digital. Is Tobie a Toy? Mini? Standard?

Anyway, you will be welcomed with open arms, especially with a poodle :) I am glad you found us, and trust me, the people here are so incredible and the topics are so much fun, you will quickly get addicted :)

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

08-15-2001, 08:23 AM
Welcome Meagan :) Since you have been lurking about you probably know how we all love to post pics! If you have some do share! Then I can add them to our website. The link is in my signature below along with my Webshots link to all my albums. You will be addicted! This site should come with a warning :D! ha ha ha ha

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: doggiemom ]

jackiesdaisy1935
08-15-2001, 09:55 AM
Welcome Meagan, I think you will laugh, cry and have a good time here. So glad you decided to join. If you have a webshot album, it's pretty easy to post pictures. One of us can help you.
Hugs to Tobie.
Jackie

sammi
08-15-2001, 12:10 PM
Welcome Meagan, You will enjoy it here!!

Meg1079
08-15-2001, 12:29 PM
Thank you all so, so, so much for the warm welcome! I have a feeling that I'm going to become very addicted, hehehe!

As for Tobie, I'm pretty sure that he's a toy poodle (he's not very big.) We got Tobie from a friend of my aunt's whose dog had had puppies. To be honest, I can't stand going into pet stores. I look at all of those puppies and kittens in those small little cages, and I just want to rescue them all!

I do have lots of pictures of Tobie scanned, and I would love to post them! I know that I'm going to need some help getting them posted here, so I will welcome all the help I can get, hehehe!

Once again, thank you everyone for the great welcome!

~Meagan and Tobie :)

petspoil
08-15-2001, 12:39 PM
Welcome Meagan to our big family. Where in Canada do you live? :) :)

ownerof3dogs
08-15-2001, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Meg1079:
<STRONG>To be honest, I can't stand going into pet stores. I look at all of those puppies and kittens in those small little cages, and I just want to rescue them all!
:)</STRONG>

Wecome, I thing you'll fit in just fine. We pretty much think the very same thing.

These are my dog below Felice, Hercules and Zeus

Daisy's Mom
08-15-2001, 07:04 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Meagan! You'll love it here; we all do! I just finished posting about how aborable Tobie is in your other thread. He's absolutely precious!