PDA

View Full Version : Coolest litter "box" ever!!!

Soledad
09-13-2003, 08:16 PM
Sam and I just bought the coolest litter dome. It's a Booda litter dome, but unlike the one I've linked to, it's bigger and has a ramp that goes into the dome so that extra litter on their paws will not end up on the floor!!

It was thirty bucks but both Sam and I believe it will save our sanity as we're dead tired of vacuuming up crystals and stepping on them all the time. It's also very stylish. We bought a lavender one. And the cats loved it.

Bettie christened it immediately.Booda Dome (http://www.petsmart.com/cat/shopping/litter%5Fcenter/litter%5Fpans%5Fand%5Fliners/products/product%5F27591.shtml)

Uabassoon
09-13-2003, 08:26 PM
I've seen the ones that you are talking about before, and I've wondered how well they worked at keeping litter in. Maybe I'll be getting one of those soon.

Soledad
09-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Yeah, we haven't tested it out yet, but it looks like it would do the trick. We're at our wits end with these two, they just love to dig at their litter.

I found the model we bought here (http://www.cherrybrook.com/store/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=62593)

rg_girlca
09-13-2003, 09:29 PM
I've never seen one of those before. That is so cool.

krazyaboutkatz
09-13-2003, 11:27 PM
This looks like a cool design. I hope it works out well with your cats. :)

IttyBittyKitty
09-14-2003, 12:29 AM
With just enough room for kitty to get out, there is less chance of litter going everywhere. We have a covered litter tray, but there is no door and the hole is fairly wide. Pixel still manages to make a bit of a mess by kicking the litter out :rolleyes:

Good luck with your new lavatory!

RedHedd
09-14-2003, 10:22 AM
I thought Mitzi's new critter-litter box was cool, but yours trumps mine. The one I bought fits perfectly into a corner in my tiny apartment and Mitzi likes it. She doesn't like the door-flap thing (yet) but she can't fling the litter as much in this one -- less vacuuming for meowmie which makes me happy. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid78/p81072c8b2a3014a730a1548178b24e54/fb2a6643.jpg

gini
09-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Soledad, what a great idea. I use the Arm and Hammer clumping style litter for Rascal and the girls.

If I don't vacuum often it looks as though I must live at the beach with all of the extra fine sand on the floor.

Rachel
09-14-2003, 10:30 AM
I would think this kind of a litter box would also be helpful in preventing dogs from doing any snacking from the litterbox. I've heard that that can be a problem and knowing my two who invariably try to hunt out the bunny droppings in the yard, it would be a concern should I acquire a kitty.

Soledad
09-14-2003, 10:32 AM
When I was in Minneapolis in Wylie's presence, he ate Boo's poop once. WHY???!!! It is so revolting. I honestly did not want to go near him for a while, I was so disturbed.

Russian Blue
09-14-2003, 08:16 PM
I have the original BoodaDome, and Nakita seems to like it. When I need to get a replacement I would like to try the new ramp version!

;)

shais_mom
09-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Mine is like one in the first link and its lavender also.
Kylie seems to like it, and I like that I can use liners for it.

:)
Now where are those pesky pictures of Bettie and Boo?

TheAntiPam
09-15-2003, 12:31 AM
I have put my dome litterbox inside another plastic box - one with low sides. Any last bits of litter that sneak out of the dome get caught in the outside box. So much less cleaning that way!

Look at your local discount or hardware store for the right size box - mine is for a Christmas wreath. As long as the outside box has low sides (4 to 6 inches would work) your cat won't have any problem getting to the litter pan. And, in my opinion, the litter box inside the other box doesn't look any worse than the litter box by itself! :eek:

I know I have mentioned this idea before - but it just has made my life SO much easier!!!!!!!:cool: :D