PDA

View Full Version : Trading Spaces

dukedogsmom
09-13-2003, 07:32 PM
I've been watching it since the very beginning. Remember Alex? I am just crazy about this show and wanted to see if anyone else here enjoyed watching it like I do. Now, they're getting copied everywhere. Discovery has Monster House. That's a good show, too. And, I think it's TBS that's coming out with one this fall. I can't remember what it's called. I'm kind of happy tonight because they've got 2 new shows. And, of course, tomorrow night there's Trading Spaces Family. Oh, and what do you women think of Carter, the new carpenter?

tomkatzid
09-13-2003, 07:57 PM
the new carpenterhttp://stranglethecat.com/Uploads3/smileywinkkiss.gif

Twisterdog
09-13-2003, 08:02 PM
I've never actually seen the show, because I don't have a TV. But from what I've heard people say about it, all I know is, I would NEVER let someone do that stuff to MY house. My sister watches it and she is always telling me about what some people do to other people's houses. OMG, never!!

micki76
09-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Carter is H-O-T, hot!! But Ty is so much hotter cause he's so darn funny! :D I used to love to watch it, but lately I haven't been very interested in it. I like Laurie Smith a lot. There's a great story about her in the September Guidposts. I also like Vern Yip. And I really like saying his name! LOL :p

Yes I remember Alex, I couldn't stand her. Paige is sooo much better. I don't like the host on Family too much.

These are the people that I would let "do" a room in my house:

Laurie (I'd love her to do one)
Vern
and as sick as it makes me to say this, Doug has done a few rooms lately that I liked! :eek:

People that I would shoot if they stepped foot on my property:
Hildi (especially) and everyone else, except Frank! He's very nice, my mother in law knows him quite well. But I still wouldn't let him do my house! :) Too country for my taste.

What's up with that creepy Edward guy?? He gives me the willys!! *shudders*

dukedogsmom
09-13-2003, 08:19 PM
Edward may be creepy but he's done some beautiful rooms! I can't believe your mother in law knows Frank! I would kill to have something that he's painted. Tell him if he ever comes down to Florida, he's got a place to stay. :)

Aspen and Misty
09-13-2003, 08:30 PM
I love this show! My whole town is crazy about it, LOL, it's all we talk about.

LOL

Ash

tomkatzid
09-13-2003, 09:18 PM
right now we are watching 'while you were out', not as good, but we like it.

Soledad
09-13-2003, 09:45 PM
I don't watch it regularly, but I do remember Alex. I'm much more fond of Paige.

One thing that always bugs me about the show is when people with really bad taste, whose houses look like absolute crap (half-ass 80s country decor everywhere) get all snobby about the final results. I mean, it doesn't actually cost them to have their house redecorated so what are they whining about? I'd rather have a room that says something, even if it's not my style, than a room full of oak rockers and frilly valances and wood paneling. :rolleyes: :p

micki76
09-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
I don't watch it regularly, but I do remember Alex. I'm much more fond of Paige.

One thing that always bugs me about the show is when people with really bad taste, whose houses look like absolute crap (half-ass 80s country decor everywhere) get all snobby about the final results. I mean, it doesn't actually cost them to have their house redecorated so what are they whining about? I'd rather have a room that says something, even if it's not my style, than a room full of oak rockers and frilly valances and wood paneling. :rolleyes: :p

LOL!! No kidding. I wonder how some of these people can stand to come home to those rooms every single day???:eek:

mugsy
09-13-2003, 10:46 PM
We love Trading Spaces. I think Carter is a pretty boy without much else and I like Ty because he's so goofy. I like Amy's work. My favorite designers are Frank and Vern, and lately I've liked Doug's (with the exception of tonight's room). My least favorites are Hildy and Laurie. Laurie makes me nuts, she is so affected!! Hildy has become like Doug used to be where she doesn't give a crap about what the homeowners wants or doesn't want. I don't care much for the family show because the kids are such pains.

I like While You Were Out, but, we watched the new one tonight about clearing out the clutter.....WOW did that make me mad. They insisted that the woman get rid of her family pictures and books that had belonged to her great grandmother and to top it all off she had been abandoned as a child and has no pictures of herself or her family......ARGH!

kingrattus
09-13-2003, 11:26 PM
I don't watch too much tv, but I do love that show. I try to watch it all sunday night long. I love franks work & would love to just meet him & have him paint an animal for me.

I don't remember which kind of trading spaces it is, but whos that dweeeeeeby joe guy. I think his name is joe, he's doing paiges job. I find him sooo anoying, I can hardly watch the show, but I love the work they do, so I gotta put up with him. But it was soo sweet of him to get paige to come & meet her little fan. a little girl was talking alllll about how she wanteed to do what paides does & he called up paige & she came down to the show & talked to the little girl.. heheeh the girl was in complete shock, she ended up painting the same spot over & over & over... heheh

Soledad
09-13-2003, 11:41 PM
I like Genevieve best. Frank's stuff is so busy and un-unified. It's all over the place!! And all the "art" he makes looks so amaturish.

Hilde gets a bad rap, but I think she's done some decent stuff. Laurie's stuff is just too much for me, she's a bit country as well. Vern is pretty adorable, though.

Does anyone else HATE the host for Trading Spaces Family??? He has zero personality.

kingrattus
09-14-2003, 12:13 AM
Soledad I think he's the same guy I was blabbing about in my above post, I think his name is Joe.

tomkatzid
09-14-2003, 01:21 AM
How about 'clean sweep', have you ever seen that one? pretty good. they clean up and organize your whole house. They make you toss out tons of stuff you don't need. This was the first time we have seen it. We sorta liked it:)

Pam
09-14-2003, 07:10 AM
I guess I am a sourpuss but I frequently like the rooms better before. :p I remember one episode where they painted this woman's entire dining room BLACK! ugh! Whatever were they thinking!!! I don't think I could ever let anyone decorate my house because I want it to reflect me and the things that I like. Don't get me wrong. My house is FAR from a show place! It's just simple and ordinary but I love it. Nevertheless I still watch the show and my daughter loves it! :)

Cincy'sMom
09-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by mugsy

I like While You Were Out, but, we watched the new one tonight about clearing out the clutter.....WOW did that make me mad. They insisted that the woman get rid of her family pictures and books that had belonged to her great grandmother and to top it all off she had been abandoned as a child and has no pictures of herself or her family......ARGH!

I thought the same thing!!!!

I don't want Trading Spces as often as i used to, but as the weather gets cooler and we spendmore time inside I'll go back to it :)

Dakota's Mommy
09-15-2003, 09:17 AM
I enjoy Trading Spaces and have for quite a while now. But, you're right, there does seem to be more and more shows like them coming out!

RICHARD
09-15-2003, 11:39 AM
trash for cash!!!

Friday nights on FX channel.....

THAT is a home improvement show, none of the
flash or make-believe interior decorating,

e.g., "let's paint this SEA FOAM GREEN..."

"sea foam green' sounds like an eviromental disaster-like- 'RED TIDE'..

the premise?

The host and his brother go 'junk hunting'
to decorate homes.
:D

isis
09-15-2003, 04:53 PM
I love that show!I only watch it when i'm bored though.I don't know when it comes on.Some of the things they do are pretty cool looking!:D