PDA

View Full Version : How do you take a picture of a dog that is jumping over something?!

*LabLoverKEB*
08-14-2001, 04:22 PM
I would love to take a picture of Sadie jumping over her bar jump, of jumping through her hoop jump, but I don't know how! I bet Rottie and ShepherdLover could help me... I've seen pictures of Iris, and Carl jumping over stuff on their webshots album. Could someone help me please?! :) Thanks! :)

Rottie
08-14-2001, 04:47 PM
First your dog must be able to stay and then come over the jump to you if you want to take a head on picture. If you want to get a side shot, she has to be able to go over while you stand still on the side of the jump. Or, you have to get somebody else to take the picture. :D

Okay, first of all you have to figure out your cameras timing and how long it takes your dog to jump after you give the command to go.

What I mean by this is, well, my digital camera takes a full 2 seconds (which is a real long time when you're trying to take a snapshot) from the time you push the button to the time the picture actually takes. If you start taking the picture when the dog is in the air she'll be long gone in 2 seconds when the picture finally takes. So you have to figure out when to push the button.

The best way to do this is experiment! :D

To be sure that you get a good one, take a lot of pictures :p Sometimes when I'm taking jump pictures I'll take 20 pictures and only get 1 or 2 good ones. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your picture taking!

AdoreMyDogs
08-14-2001, 10:51 PM
Yup...that's how to do it, just trial & error. My digital camera has a delay of maybe a second, so you have to snap just before the shot you want. It also helps to get Sadie into a sit stay and then give her the command to jump while you are on the other side of it. Side shots are also nice, but it's helpful if someone else takes those.