PDA

View Full Version : WE don’t act silly when on holiday do we!

jonza
09-13-2003, 01:46 PM
I found these amusing little anecdotes about silly complaints in a Danish newspaper:

An American lady was watching a Viking pageant in Denmark. When they were finished, she turned to her neighbour and asked: “How many Vikings live on this Reservation?”

A guy had bought a ticket on Royal Class to Thailand. When he got back he complained and wanted $350 compensation, because “the stewardess smiled much more at the guy in front of me, I didn’t get enough attention compared to him”.

A married couple were detained for under an hour on their flight to Turkey. So they went into the bar for some drinks and sent the bill to the airline. All together they had drunk 8 double gin & tonics and 7 glasses of wine - in 55 minutes! They didn’t get any compensation.

A Danish guest in a Spanish hotel complained to the tour guide because the temperature wasn’t 26° as stated in the Catalogue.

Another Dane on the Canary Islands complained that there were too many Spaniards on the beach!

A couple complained because they hadn’t been transported from the hotel to the airport with the transfer bus. They had been given a private taxi. They wanted compensation.

Another couple wouldn’t buy a holiday in Egypt, because there wasn’t a TV in the hotel room. The fact that there was only local Egyptian TV anyway didn’t phase them a bit. They just wouldn’t go if there wasn’t a TV.
(Reminds me of the guy who wanted to take his TV with him to Spain, because”there’s an important football match on, and I don’t want to hear silly Spanish commentators”).

When a Danish charter company sold tickets to New York including hotel for $150, one guy complained that he couldn’t see the sea. “There were loads of skyscrapers in the way”

john

Barbara
09-13-2003, 04:28 PM
:D :D :D
We? Never!!!!

I read recently that the German and the British are the worst tourists worldwide. So I'm not sure whether the Danish are competition:D :D :D

(The best tourists, for sure, are PetTalkers, because they have learned in advance how to behave in a multicultural human-cat-dog-snakie-guinea pig etc. community;) )

Randi
09-13-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
:D :D :D I'm not sure whether the Danish are competition. :D :D
You'll find out soon! :D :D

tatsxxx11
09-13-2003, 05:05 PM
(Reminds me of the guy who wanted to take his TV with him to Spain, because”there’s an important football match on, and I don’t want to hear silly Spanish commentators”).

For REAL???:D:D:D

Are you going to Germany soon, Randi?:)