PDA

View Full Version : Eli's Home!!!!!!!!

moosmom
09-12-2003, 08:27 PM
My baby is back!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!

I went out for a ride to get bagels and gas. I figured I'd pull up in the furthest part of the parking lot and look to see if anyone had eaten the cat food I put out.

As I pulled in, my headlights shined on him hiding on the side of the house. I was stunned!!! :eek: I ran up the stairs to grab my flashlight PRAYING he'd stay where he was. I ran through my house sobbing, looking for my flashlight.

He had been hiding in the dirty, filthy portion of the entrance to the basement (the door to the basement was closed). I went in with the flashlight and there he was, sitting in a piece of air duct pipe. He looked terrified! I crawled into this small space, blocking the entrance with my fat body so he couldn't get by me. Once I picked him up, I just cried my bloody eyes out!!!

He seems okay, except for a little congestion. I brought him up the back stairway into the apartment, kissing, hugging him and telling him how much I loved him and was so relieved he's back!!!!! He got down (all the windows are closed) and walked around like "Okay, I'm back, where's the canned food???" He ate like a pig. I gave everyone a huge portion to celebrate, and myself a glass of wine to calm me down.

I just want to say thank you guys so much for your thoughts and prayers. They definitely worked. I had given up hope. I even looked in the exact spot where I picked him up. He must've been casing out the neighborhood.

Lil Eli is back. A little dirty, but he's back!!! :D :D :D :D

I love you guys!!

luckies4me
09-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Glad to hear your little bundle of joy is back home! I know how terrifying it could be. Congrats!:)

nodgeness
09-12-2003, 08:32 PM
I am so excited!!!! I've been watching your post as much as I could just hoping you'd have one that said he's back! I guess tonight you & Eli both will be able to relax & get some sleep! WELCOME HOME ELI!!!!!

boscibo
09-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Great news! I am so happy for you and Eli! I have been checking this board everytime I've been online lately, hoping and praying to see this post.

Freckles
09-12-2003, 08:34 PM
What wonderful news!!:)

PayItForward
09-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Hurray, I'm so happy for you & Eli.

Well done Eli for knowing the best place to be is home :D

This news has really made my day.

Soledad
09-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Yay!!! I love happy endings!!:D

lizbud
09-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Oh that's so great...:D :D I was hoping & praying he would
not go far. Being so scared, I hoped he'd stick close by & check
out his options carefully. I'm so relieved for Eli & for You.:) :)

Steffi N
09-12-2003, 08:49 PM
I am so happy that Eli is home safe. Donna, please give him plenty of cuddles from all of us.

gini
09-12-2003, 08:50 PM
What a great way to start out your weekend with such good news.

Oh Donna, I know just exactly how you feel - I have been there.

You are so relieved they are home - safe - and alright - that you just sob with relief and joy at the same time.

You deserve a glass of wine! Enjoy it and Eli too.

aly
09-12-2003, 08:52 PM
Donna, I'm bawling like a baby from relief and happiness. My heart has been in my throat waiting for Eli to return. This is JUST WHAT I NEEDED to hear. I can't tell you how happy I am for you. It feels like I've gone through this experience myself just reading your heartbreaking posts.

I am going to give all my cats some canned food to celebrate too (they will be happy because they never get any!).

I knew in my heart Eli would be close to home, I just wasn't sure WHEN you'd find him. I'm SO GLAD you did. I AM JUST SOOOOO HAPPY!

Thank goodness you needed bagels and gas!!! Maybe Eli's nickname should be Bagel :)

momofcats
09-12-2003, 08:56 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Glad to hear he made it home safe and sound!!! Enjoy the weekend and your (and Eli's) first relaxing evening in a week!

koxka
09-12-2003, 08:59 PM
That's such wonderful new! :D

zippy-kat
09-12-2003, 09:02 PM
What absolutely wonderful, wonderful news!
I'm in tears!! :D :D :D

slick
09-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Oh Donna I'm so happy I'm crying along with you!! Another example of how miracles do happen and prayers do work. Hugs to you for not giving up and kisses to lil Eli!

lovemyshiba
09-12-2003, 09:28 PM
I am so happy to read that Eli is home safe and sound!!!!!

What a relief for you!!!!!

Vermontcat
09-12-2003, 09:35 PM
YAHOO!!!:D
I am so happy that sweet Eli is back home where he belongs!:)
Give him some extra hugs and kisses from me please!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-12-2003, 09:38 PM
OMG Donna! I am so, so happy for you and for Eli!!! I know I haven't been posting on your other thread, but I've been reading and hoping and praying you'd find him soon, and once again the PT prayer line pulled through!!!

I saw the heading to this thread and had to catch myself from starting to cry before I even read it.

Big hugs to you and to the wayward wanderer....who is now home!!! Yipeee!!!!

PS - I think I'll go give T & P some canned food to help celebrate too. :D

You really made my night, Donna, as I'm sure your whole day, weekend, month, etc was made when you saw those eyes in the headlights. :D :D :D

Cinder & Smoke
09-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey God ~

THANKS, a Bunch!! :)

Uhhhh, Eli ~

That's ONE! ...

and You DON'T get a TWO... :p

{{{HUGGs}}}, "Mom"!

Cookiebaker
09-12-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm so happy for you, Moosmom! That's wonderful news to hear.

Welcome back, Eli!!!

moosmom
09-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Eli ate up a whole can of food plus dry stuff and alot of water. Me, I'm on my third glass of wine just knowing that my baby is back.

I cannot tell you how relieved I am. The shock of seeing him was just mind boggling. Of course I was filthy from crawling in the space he was in. But I don't care. He's home, he's with me and that's all that matters.

I really do believe in the power of prayers. I prayed every night to St. Francis of Assisi, the protector of animals.

Again, thank you guys for being there for me. I couldn't have gotten through this without you. You guys ROCK!!!! :)

Love and hugs from all my furbabies including the slightly dirty one.

DP

Soledad
09-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Glad to see you can still spell well even with three glasses of wine in ya! :p :D

But don't forget St. Anthony next time, saint of lost things. However, St. Francis is my favorite. :)

Tonya
09-12-2003, 10:15 PM
Thank God! I am so happy to hear that! Don't do that again, Eli!

TheAntiPam
09-12-2003, 10:25 PM
HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!! http://flashpages.prodigy.net/pamster/_uimages/snoopy96x146.gif

jazzcat
09-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Yeah!!!

After a day of bad news and then almost losing Scout tonight I am so glad to hear some good news!

koxka
09-12-2003, 10:36 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p39c1f18d9222ac024a8de4cebc252777/fb1b816e.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
09-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Donna, this is wonderful news!!!:D Now you and Eli can enjoy your weekend. :)

AmberLee
09-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Oh, Thank GOD! Happy tears being shed here for the reunion of your family.

Cincy'sMom
09-12-2003, 11:33 PM
More Happy news on PT tonight!!! Yeah Donna!!! I'm so glad Eli is home safe and sound!!!!

I really do believe in the power of prayers. I prayed every night to St. Francis of Assisi, the protector of animals.

The feast of St. Francis is the first weekend in Oct. Many churches have ceremonies to bless the animals....maybe Eli should take a trip in for a personal thank you :)

shais_mom
09-13-2003, 12:05 AM
Yeaaaaaa!!!!
I am so happy he is home!!!
Safe and sound!!!

Nomilynn
09-13-2003, 12:08 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna I'm so happy for you and Eli.. my eyes are filled with happy tears.. this is such great news!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna give my kitties lots of huggles tonight to celebrate, along with some special treats :)

Prairie Purrs
09-13-2003, 12:49 AM
I'm so glad your little boy is safely back home! :D

bisi.cat
09-13-2003, 01:02 AM
YAHOO!!!!!!:D :D :D
Sounds as if he has called you to the right place and you've listened to him...I am so glad he's back home again!!!

Miss Meow
09-13-2003, 01:56 AM
Thank goodness for that! I'm so glad he came home, where's he safe, warm, well fed and loved :)

IttyBittyKitty
09-13-2003, 02:58 AM
**Squeals!!!!**

I am soooo glad he's back, I was so worried that the little one had lost his way! You poor thing, you would have needed more than just the one glass of wine to calm your nerves.

CAN WE HAVE SOME PICS OF ELI TO CELEBRATE HIS RETURN?

.......pleeeeeeeeeeeease?????? :D

sqwelch
09-13-2003, 03:18 AM
Thats wonderful news, I'm so happy for you, you must be sooooo relieved !!!

Killearn Kitties
09-13-2003, 03:47 AM
FABULOUS NEWS!! :D :D :D :D
I am SO relieved for you - and for the rest of us. I think we were all holding our breath there.

Barbara
09-13-2003, 04:06 AM
I'm sitting here with tears of joy in my eyes.
How often these days when I went to PT I hoped to read this line:D :D :D

Give little Eli some more kisses (ok, I know he doesn't want any more than what he got last night;) :D :D )

Sanct Francis has earned a big candle, that's what I think:)

BastetsMum
09-13-2003, 04:42 AM
Happy DANCE to wine bottle and back! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-13-2003, 04:49 AM
Donna,

What wonderful news! I am so glad Eli is back! What a great way to start the weekend!

Give Eli a big smooch from Ally and me, and tell him not to give us all such a big fright again!!

jenluckenbach
09-13-2003, 05:01 AM
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

09-13-2003, 05:20 AM
What splendid news to start the weekend !!!:) :)

WELCOME BACK HOME ELI !!!

Randi
09-13-2003, 05:58 AM
This is wonderful news Donna, I'm SO happy for you! :D Celebrate all weekend and give him lots of kisses and headbumpies from us. :) And don't forget to tell us how he's doing!

ChrisH
09-13-2003, 06:10 AM
Thank You God!!!

Tears of joy & relief flowing here, and big, big smiles too! :D
Wonderful, wonderful news!!!

:D WELCOME HOME ELI !! :D
Big Hugs to you and Meowmie! :D

Kirsten
09-13-2003, 06:17 AM
OMG, this is wonderful news!!!! I'm so happy for you now!!!!

I bet these were the best three glasses of wine you ever had! :)

Dou you think he was hiding in that place all the time? He must have been so unhappy and confused - but now he's back home safe - YAY!!! :) :) :)

Kirsten

Cataholic
09-13-2003, 06:20 AM
OMG!! I can't believe it! I had prayed, hoped, and just plain wished Eli would come home, and He DID! Donna, you must be beside yourself with joy, I know I am. What a wonderful way to start the weekend!

Welcome Home, ELI!

ramanth
09-13-2003, 06:52 AM
OHHHH DONNA!!! Thank the Goddess! I sat under that full moon light all night last night hoping and praying. Lit a candle and some insence, said my piece, and went to bed.

I'm so sorry I didn't return your phone call. I was watching a movie with mum last night and checked my voice mail at 1:30 a.m. I know you said I could call... but I felt that was too late. I tell you though.. I let out the loudest WHHHOOOOHOOOOO!!!! when I heard the news.

Absolutely fantastic!

Well, I must say, I had my own bit of an adventure.... I let Kia out to potty and lately I'll let her out without being tied up and she goes, we play, and she comes back in. Well.. at 1 a.m. she had other ideas and took off. :eek: :mad:

I went in for the flashlight and the bag of treats and was calling for her.... no Kia. Then, from down the road, I can hear dogs barking. So I get in the car... drive down there.... calling...... pull the car over.. get out.... call for her.... suddenly some eyes shine in my flashlight. I call to her....... OOPS!! :o Wrong "her". A huge doe looks at me and takes off running... 3 other deer behind her. I wait to see if Kia maybe spotted them too....but no sign of her.

I head back to my parents... mom is in the window and so is Kia. :rolleyes:

She got a stern tongue lashing let me tell you.... then I checked my voice mail.... and all things were better. :D

And btw... I agree with IttyBittyKitty.... MORE PICS OF ELI!!!! :D :D

Logan
09-13-2003, 07:00 AM
Thank you, Lord, for bringing this little boy home, safe and sound!!!!! I am absolutely stunned and have eyes full of tears this morning, Donna, as I missed your message until this morning.

Hope you two had a wonderful evening!!! :)

PS. Thanks, Staci, for the "heads up"

anna_66
09-13-2003, 07:03 AM
I'm so glad Eli is back home safe & sound:D:D

moosmom
09-13-2003, 07:22 AM
After a MUCH needed good night sleep with Moo on one side under the covers and Lil Eli next to me with my arms wrapped around him, everything seems back to normal. Of course, after 3 glasses of wine, who WOULDN'T sleep soundly???? ;)

Here he is...

ramanth
09-13-2003, 07:33 AM
Oh Donna! He's Precious! Even when dirty. :D

(I can't get over how big that spot on his nose grew... now it's TWO spots! :eek: :D Logan just has the one wee dot)

rosethecopycat
09-13-2003, 08:39 AM
Thank you, Lord, for watching over something so small and precious in this world.

I'm so relieved for you Donna.

:D

catlover4ever
09-13-2003, 08:48 AM
Thank you God for bringing Eli home safe and sound.

Sudilar
09-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Woohoo! Miracles do happen!! I am so happy for you! Welcome back, ELI!!!

catmandu
09-13-2003, 09:49 AM
Hooray for ELI! Were so glad that youre back where you belong! As Satchmo used to say! Lots of treats and toys for you Eli. Hooray For Eli!

RedHedd
09-13-2003, 11:29 AM
I love happy endings. Welcome home Eli and don't give your mewmie a scare like that! Tsk tsk.

rg_girlca
09-13-2003, 12:17 PM
This is such wonderful news, i'm so happy for you Donna.

WECOME HOME ELI.

Uabassoon
09-13-2003, 01:07 PM
Yay! I'm so happy to hear that little Eli is home, I know we were all so worried about him. Welcome home Eli!

Randi
09-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Donna, I have to keep going back and look at his picture - he's so sweet!! What a relief he's back, he seems to be rather relaxed about the whole thing. Time to have a glass of wine, I'm sitting here with one saying Cheers!! Your best weekend ever!! :D

Cataholic
09-13-2003, 03:03 PM
I am just so happy I had to post again to tell you! I have been thinking of Eli all day, with a smile!!!

Lillycat
09-13-2003, 05:17 PM
my greatest fear has always been somehow losing one of my cats!!! like my daughter cataholic, i too, am delighted to see that eli is back!!!

moosmom
09-13-2003, 09:04 PM
Lillycat,

Actually, Eli is a changed cat. He's more loveable and affectionate and doesn't run when I approach him. I guess he learned his lesson!!

rg_girlca
09-13-2003, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by moosmom

Actually, Eli is a changed cat. He's more loveable and affectionate and doesn't run when I approach him. I guess he learned his lesson!! [/QUOTE

He realized how good he has it at home with such a loving meowmie.
Like I said before, I am soooo happy for you.:D

feeling frisky
09-13-2003, 11:28 PM
My kitties and I are so relieved to hear about Eli!!. We to believe in the power of PRAYER!!. I have never thought about how much a pet can impact your life untill I met all of you. Because of you I have been able to accept things that I couldn't before. And now twice a week just 10 hours I have been volenteering at our local S.P.C.A. and other shelters.My work load is very heavy during holidays, but I have made it a point to help those who help me.Even if they are not human.Because good things come in some packages even if you can't have whats in the package that is why God created cats. to help you get through each day. They accept you for who you are and love you more that you can comprehend!! God bless you all!!!

kimlovescats
09-13-2003, 11:31 PM
What wonderful news, Donna! WELCOME HOME Eli!:D

Edwina's Secretary
09-14-2003, 11:00 AM
Wonderful, fabulous, marvelous, fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Russian Blue
09-14-2003, 08:08 PM
I just came back from my cottage and I am SOOOOO HAPPY for the you!!!! I knew Eli woudn't stray far. It was just a matter of finding the hiding place!

:D

catland
09-15-2003, 11:05 AM
YIPPEE:D :D :D

Sorry, I was off PT for the weekend and am just now catching up. I'm so very happy that Eli is back. What a great way to start the week.:D :D :D

Samantha Puppy
09-15-2003, 11:33 AM
So happy to hear he's back home safe and sound!! :cool: :D :cool:

K & L
09-15-2003, 11:57 AM
:D :D YIPPEEEEEEEEEE:D