PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions?

primabella
09-12-2003, 05:20 PM
I really hope you guys can help me out on this one.

My English teacher is really strict and picky when it comes to work. She gave us this assignment to pair up and pick any topic we want and made a 5 minute presentation on it. It is worth 50 marks.

I don't have a partner (because I don't really know anyone in that class) so it's a lot harder for me. I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions for what I can do it on. They should most likely be debateable or something that is happening in the news. (eg. Legalizing gay marriages in Canada)

So far I have come up with

-Testing products on animals
-Child labor
-Senior citizens driving (since I heard of a 70 year old man falling asleep at the wheel and killing many people, I thought it would be an interesting topic)

If anyone could please give me some ideas or some points on these topics, it would be REALLY appreciated. Or if you could tell me which of the topics I have so far is most interesting to you, that would really help.

Thank you! :)

Kfamr
09-12-2003, 05:32 PM
I think the testing products on animals is a good subject. There are many things you can bring up while doing a report about that.

Amber
09-12-2003, 06:23 PM
I agree!

tatsxxx11
09-12-2003, 06:37 PM
I agree!! As animals bring out the passion in you, it seems like the perfect topic. Your feelings and positions will be sincere and from heart. It's so much easier making a presentation, debating a point, when it's something you care about!:)

primabella
09-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. :) You're right Sandra, I think I will choose something I am interested in. Of course my teacher couldn't care less about some things.

My dad was like, "Do it on why you should never buy from pet stores" My teacher would have had to drag me down to my seat, I would have too much to say! :p

binka_nugget
09-12-2003, 09:31 PM
I did a debate on puppy mill dogs/pet store pups. I got a GREAT mark on it..and fabulous feedback. It really brought out the passionate side of me.

primabella
09-13-2003, 08:20 AM
Lol. I would so do it on that but...my teacher is like...ugh! I just hate her. :mad: You suggest a topic and she'll be like, "And? Is that it? That's no good, no good at all" with her stupid nasal voice.

Okay...any other suggestions would be appreciated...;)

lovemyshiba
09-13-2003, 10:30 AM
I don't have any suggestions for you, but I definitely think anythign involving animals is great. It is definitely something you are passionate about, and that will help your grade. You will be so much more into the project, and hopefully your teacher will be able to tell that you did it with care.

primabella
09-13-2003, 12:57 PM
I have decided to do it on testing on animals. Thank guys. :D Did you know it began with a woman who became blind and then died after applying some mascara? Then they decided to avoid this incident from happening again...lol I'm getting into it. :p

Dogz
09-13-2003, 01:08 PM
That is a very good topic Liana. I am sure you will do a great job, I agreed with everyone else, to do a topic of which intrests you the most, I would have done the same thing, if not, it would have been something with animals.:) Good Luck!

Emma

Uabassoon
09-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Sounds like you have a great tpoic, good luck with your presentation.

primabella
09-14-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks!

bluekat
09-16-2003, 05:14 PM
The one on animal testing is a good one!

My teacher last year had us do debates too. She wrote down a list of topics for us, and one was "cruelty to animals".....there were pros and cons, and I'm thinking "what are the pros to animal cruelty?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: That topic was just stupid, and I would've refused to do it if it was chosen.

Anyways, Good luck with your presentation!:)