PDA

View Full Version : More sad news from the Kendalls...

mugsy
09-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Well, as you know we had to find a place for 9 of our dogs. Well 4 of them went back to no kill shelters, but 2 of them went back to a kill shelter that does NOT like to euthanize, but are forced to sometimes. Well, Pebbles got adopted somewhere in Milwaukee, but Dio didn't pass and was sent back to Brown County. Now he is getting aggressive with the other dogs and doesn't show well because he gets too nuts on the leash. Leigh Ann has told me that she is being forced to euthanize him if we don't find somewhere for him to go before Monday. I just cant' stand any more death. I have called everyone and emailed everyone I know to see if they will take him and no avail. He is only a year old and is a Rottie/Dane mix. PLEASE! If anyone knows someone who would be willing to either foster him or adopt him please let me know ASAP.

primabella
09-12-2003, 05:22 PM
I really wish I could help you Molly. I really do. I am so sorry about this. I'll be sending some positive thoughts your way that things work out for Dio and for the rest of your babies.

:(:(:(

stacwase
09-12-2003, 05:30 PM
I'm sorry, Mugsy. Why do you have to get rid of your dogs? I tried to look up a previous post explaining, but couldn't find it. I hope you don't mind telling again.

dukedogsmom
09-12-2003, 05:39 PM
This breaks my heart. He's probably so confused and sad. I pray someone helps him. I hope all the bad things that your neighbors have caused you get returned to them. This just isn't right.

mugsy
09-12-2003, 05:46 PM
I'm really sorry, but, I am just not up to going into it right now. Mike started the thread, also in Dog General, about what all happened. I think it was something like Sad News for Mugsy and Me.....no one has posted on it for quite awhile so you might have to go back quite a ways to find it.

dukedogsmom
09-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Don't apologise. Here's the link:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32027

Logan
09-12-2003, 08:21 PM
:( I am so sorry, Molly. It has to be the kennel that is doing that to him. I would certainly think that if he is dog aggressive, you of all people would have seen that.

I wish there were something I could do to help.

All of you, especially Dio, are in my prayers.

KYS
09-12-2003, 08:39 PM
I am sorry, and agree with Logan.
I am sure the situation being put in a
strange kennel is upseting and stressfull. :(
I hope Dio will find a safe place to care for him.

stacwase
09-12-2003, 09:52 PM
I just read the link Dukesdogsmom provided. I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how you're feeling.

mugsy
09-12-2003, 09:57 PM
I found Dio a HOME!!!!! I found Dio a HOME!!!!! I found Dio a HOME!!!!! I found Dio a HOME!!!!!

I made yet another call to Minnesota and found a woman who has been looking for a Rottie or a Dane (Dio is a Rottie/Dane mix) and is incredibly excited. She is moving to a 40 acre farm and Dio will have 4 to 5 acre fenced area and she is going to be working on his aggression issues by making sure that he understands that SHE is alpha. She has worked with some behavioral issues before. She has assured me that she will send pictures and keep us updated and she said she even said she has a web cam so that we can see Dio in action. She will be ready for him late tomorrow, so, I am going to try to put together an emergency transport. SO anyone out there in northeast IL, Wisconsin and Minnesota keep me in mind for driving a leg!

micki76
09-12-2003, 10:05 PM
YAY!!

What good news!! I just saw this thread and got sadder and sadder as I read it. What a wonderfiul ending! :D :D :D

iceyshiver21
09-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Where in minnesota..like North, South, East, West...Any where near lyon county??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Cincy'sMom
09-12-2003, 11:21 PM
YEAH FOR DIO!!!! I am so glad this had a happy ending by the time I found it!!!

this home sounds really great for him!!! Be sure to share the updates you get!!

Dio, you have safe travels boy! And be good to your new mommy :)

ramanth
09-13-2003, 07:01 AM
HORRAY FOR DIO!!!!!

Cookiebaker
09-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Mugsy that is so great to hear. The last thing you guys need is more Bad news.

Yay Dio!! I hope this home will work out to be his forever home! :)

primabella
09-13-2003, 08:14 AM
That is such great news!! :D

KYS
09-13-2003, 08:31 AM
I found Dio a HOME!!!!! I found Dio a HOME!!!!! I found Dio a HOME!!!!! I found Dio a HOME!!!!! >>>>>>>>

Woo WOo WOo!!!

You just mad my day.
What a wonderful conclusion, I am so happy Dio found
a home and with lots and losts of land. :)

stacwase
09-13-2003, 08:59 AM
That's wonderful. What a blessing. Somebody up there was watching out for Dio!

sabies
09-13-2003, 09:32 AM
Wow, that is great! It sounds like you not only found Dio a home but you found him a perfect home!
:) :) :)

anna_66
09-13-2003, 09:37 AM
I thought "Oh no, poor Mike & Molly" when I first started reading this thread. I'm so glad to hear it ended happily with Dio getting a new home on a big farm!!!
I'm so glad Molly:D

lovemyshiba
09-13-2003, 10:21 AM
Wonderful news!!!!!

I bet Dio will be so happy there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since she is going to keep you posted, you will keep us all posted too, right???

Be a good boy, Dio!!!!

mugsy
09-13-2003, 11:10 AM
Well, there has been yet another change! Now there is a woman driving down from Fort Wayne to see him this morning, so he may stay in Indiana! When it rains it pours!!! If she doesn't take him then Michelle definitely will. She is in Coon Rapids, MN which is about 20 miles north of the Cities, but will be moving to East Bethel, MN next week. I'm sorry I don't know the counties in Minnesota very well.

babolaypo65
09-13-2003, 11:43 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D

Uabassoon
09-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Yay Dio!