PDA

View Full Version : We Have Lost Another Legend

delidog
09-12-2003, 05:30 AM
I heard on the News about 1/2/ hour ago...
We have Lost Johnny Cash...

Whether you are a country music fan or not,One must Respect all he did for music...
He Opened SO many Doors for the Musicians of Today..

He is now with his Beloved June Carter Cash..
The Man in Black Was Truly a Legend

Logan
09-12-2003, 05:32 AM
:( That makes me sad. I know his wife died a while back and his health has been horrible.

When I woke up this morning, the news said that John Ritter, the television actor, also died. He was a fairly young man too, would have turned 55 next week. :(

zanzanfergie
09-12-2003, 05:54 AM
Oh gosh...I didn't know John Ritter had died. How sad. He was so young. Most actors that die don't have a great significance to me, since they are usually older than my time. But John Ritter was so young...fifty is far, far too young to be taken. My dad is fifty. John Ritter was on Buffy once.

The family's of both he, and Johnny Cash, will be in my thoughts.
:(

Cincy'sMom
09-12-2003, 06:24 AM
OMG. I am in shock..I can't believe John Ritter died...I remember watching him on Three's Company and I love 8 Simple Rules. So young.

I'm also sorry for the loss of Johnny Cash.

Actor John Ritter dies on set

12.09.2003 - 12:30
By Peter Henderson

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Emmy award-winning actor John Ritter, who gained fame playing bumbling and loveable characters in a
pair of television comedies decades apart, has died suddenly due to a previously undetected arterial problem, his representatives say.

Ritter, who was 54, collapsed on Thursday evening while filming "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter", the ABC
television comedy which had reinvigorated his career and was a centrepiece of the network's upcoming autumn season.

The former star of "Three's Company" was taken to Providence St. Joseph hospital in Burbank, California, across from the studio
where he had been working.

Surgeons at the hospital were unable to save him, and he died from a "dissection of the aorta", which results from an unrecognised
flaw in a main artery from the heart, his publicists, Wolf-Kasteler & Associates Public Relations, said.

Ritter was best known for his portrayal of Jack Tripper in the 1970s situation comedy "Three's Company", which won him Emmy,
Golden Globe and People's Choice awards.

A prolific actor, Ritter recently reconnected with television audiences as the star of "8 Simple Rules".

Ritter played Paul Hennessy in the family comedy about a father dealing with his precocious daughters which was one of the Walt
Disney Co.-owned network's hits in the 2002 season.

"All of us at ABC, Touchstone Television and The Walt Disney Company are shocked and heartbroken at the terrible news of
John's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife and children at this very difficult time," ABC said in a statement.

Born into a Hollywood family, John Ritter was the son of country singer and actor Tex Ritter and graduated from Hollywood High
School, where he was student body president.

He graduated from the University of Southern California with a degree in drama and went on to act in film, television and on the
stage.

Pam
09-12-2003, 06:29 AM
This was the first news I heard as I flipped on the TV this morning and it is so sad! One of my favorite TV shows was Threes Company. I loved that show and watched it all the time, and who can forget the Ropers and Mr. Furley (sp?), their neighbors. :)

It is heartbreaking about Johnny Cash also, but my first thoughts were that he is with his beloved June. So many times when there is a deep love between and husband and wife you will notice that the one spouse dies shortly after the other. I do believe a bit of their joy of life is gone and if they have health issues this hole in their heart just makes it hard to go on.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of these two who brought us so much enjoyment over the years.

Rachel
09-12-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Pam

It is heartbreaking about Johnny Cash also, but my first thoughts were that he is with his beloved June. So many times when there is a deep love between and husband and wife you will notice that the one spouse dies shortly after the other. I do believe a bit of their joy of life is gone and if they have health issues this hole in their heart just makes it hard to go on.

That was my thinking too, Pam.

lbaker
09-12-2003, 07:13 AM
The third one (first actually) happened last week in the entertainment world, Warren Zevon. May not be a household name but was an incredible song writer and musician. Worked with and wrote songs for Linda Ronstadt, Jackson Brown and many others. Perhaps best known for (but only in the "pop" world) Lawyers Guns & Money & Werewolfs of London. Silly songs maybe but his skills as an all around musician were phenominal. Johnny Cash, John Ritter & Warren: R.I.P.

lovemyshiba
09-12-2003, 07:16 AM
My husband woke me up with the news of both deaths, and I turned on the tv to find out what was going on.

Although never a big Johnny Cash fan, he has played with some of my favorite artists, and opened many doors for musicians today. He is with his beloved wife now, may they both rest in peace. His latest song, a cover of Nine Inch Nails "Hurt" was heartwrenching, as was the video--in the video he was in his home, and pictures of his wife were shown on the walls.

As for John Ritter, what a shame. He was hilarious. I've just started watching Three's Company again, on Nick at Night, and he is so funny. I had never seen his new show, although I had wanted to--may he rest in peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with both families.

lovemyshiba
09-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Oh, Laurie, I had almost forgotten about Warren Zevon--it didn't seem to make the news as heavily as he should have.
I like his music, he was incredibly talented.
May he rest in peace as well.

babolaypo65
09-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Johnny Cash reminds me of my father. He was a huge fan.

John Ritter... I fell in love with him when I was a child. He was on the Waltons for a while.

Sad.

anna_66
09-12-2003, 07:52 AM
I had seen this morning about Johnny Cash. I know he was looking pretty bad. This is just such sad news.

I was really surprised to hear about John Ritter too.

I don't know who Warren Zevon was.

Such a sad morning:(

aly
09-12-2003, 08:47 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( This is TERRIBLE news to wake up to. I'm so sad. Its going to be hard to go through the day thinking about these two beloved men who were special to the world :(

ramanth
09-12-2003, 08:57 AM
:( RIP to both of them... You will be missed.

PJ's Mom
09-12-2003, 09:08 AM
What a sad day.

RIP. :(

Sudilar
09-12-2003, 09:30 AM
What a sad, sad day. My husband also woke me at 5 this morning (before he left for work) to tell me of John Ritter and Johnny Cash's passing. I could not believe it about J. Ritter. I know J. Cash was not doing well after his wife's passing. Boy, it sure makes you think. I guess you never know when your time comes, sooner or later! I never would have thought J. Ritter would pass so young. At least we at PetTalk know that we have our furbabies waiting for us at Rainbow Bridge, at least that is some consolation....
My deepest sympathies go out to the Ritter, Cash and Zevon families. Sad, sad day.

gini
09-12-2003, 10:42 AM
When I first turn on the computer in the morning, I always go to the CNN site or the New York Times. And there on each page was the sad news of loss.

Whenever legends pass I am always saddened. Who can replace these giants that have given us so much?

I bet there is a concert in heaven tonight!

Rest in peace Johnny Cash and John Ritter.

zippy-kat
09-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Goodness! Such sadness this morning. :(

I know the name "Johnny Cash" and I know his name held great significance, but that's all I really know.

I grew up watching re-runs of Three's Company. He was indeed young and most definitely will be missed.

luckies4me
09-12-2003, 12:24 PM
I am watching his video on tv right now. :( That's just so sad. I hope he is happy with his wife. 71 is still young to pass away, and I do believe it had to do with his wifes passing. I am also a NIN fan so I loved his remake of Trent Reznors (sp?) song. My father loved Johnny Cash and I know he will be sad to hear of his passing.

And so sad about John Ritter. I LOVE Three's Company!:D Such a young age. They will surely be missed.

Soledad
09-12-2003, 05:20 PM
I knew when June Carter Cash passed in June, Johnny would not be far off, for he and June were soulmates.

Without her, I don't think he really gave a damn anymore, and he was too sad/lonely to fight diabetes without her.

It's so sad and beautiful all at the same time. I hope they're up there together, laughing, singing and hugging.

Johnny Cash, you were an uncomparable talent and one of the coolest liberals out there.:)

delidog
09-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Soledad,
You Quoted Me Verbatim!!!!!!
Great minds Think Alike!!!
Godspeed Johnny Cash!!!!
Sing in Heaven with Your Dear June!!!!

delidog
09-12-2003, 08:31 PM
There are some Great Tribute shows on T.V. tonight...from cbs,abc,nbc,CMT.....All For
Our legend
Mr.Johnny Cash

Twisterdog
09-12-2003, 10:19 PM
I remember my mom and dad listening to Johnny Cash when I was a kid in the 70's. Very sad. His latest song "Hurt" ... OMG, I couldn't watch even half of that video without crying. So sad.

Godspeed.

delidog
09-13-2003, 05:51 AM
The Best Video evermade...I knew he had filmed his own epitaph