PDA

View Full Version : **BEST FRIENDS meeting--Next year**

wolf_Q
09-10-2003, 11:59 PM
This thread is being started merely to see how many people would possibly be interested in this. You don't have to have anything set in stone yet. :) (but do know this means plenty of time for you to start saving up! :p)

I just would like to know if anyone would be interested in a meeting at the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. It's the largest no-kill shelter in the nation. I think it'd be *perfect* as they have all kinds of animals such as dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, horses, etc.

Best Friends is located in Kanab, UT. It's the lower part of the state. It's also located near several gorgeous National Parks. People come from all over the world to see them. :)

Here's a website http://www.bestfriends.org/sanctuary/info/visitfaq.htm with more info about visiting the Sanctuary. If we planned ahead we could volunteer to feed, play with, groom, etc. the animals and things like that. You can even stay in cottages right at the Santuary! The dates I was thinking was sometime in the Summer--June or July, but we can go with whatever works best for everyone! :D

Nomilynn
09-11-2003, 12:11 AM
I'm totally up for some planning :) I can't go to NM this year, because I have no money. If we could plan it for late next summer, I could hopefully have some cash saved up :) Count me in!

zippy-kat
09-11-2003, 12:24 AM
Me!!!!:D

Kater
09-11-2003, 01:10 AM
ME!!! :D :D :D

Uabassoon
09-11-2003, 01:49 AM
I'll try

All Creatures Great And Small
09-11-2003, 01:50 AM
Well, if I have ANY money left next year after all of these meetings, YLL and I would LOVE to come to Utah! Summer is very do-able for me, as far as getting time off from work.

bisi.cat
09-11-2003, 02:54 AM
Oh I am so green with envy...I would love to go as I really love this organization...but it's a far too long way and much to expensive for me...
...one day maybe...
Hope you will have lots of fun there and hopefully you all will take your cameras with you!!!:D :D :D

aly
09-11-2003, 07:30 AM
You know I'll be there with bells on :)

RubyMutt
09-11-2003, 07:32 AM
I would love to try and make it there! :D

micki76
09-11-2003, 08:24 AM
I’d love to come. If we can do it late next summer, I can definitely make it! Sounds like a lot of fun. I can take my weeks vacation and see some of our beautiful country, too. :D

ramanth
09-11-2003, 08:34 AM
I can try! :D

(It's only a 31 hour drive... :eek: )

lovemyshiba
09-11-2003, 10:13 AM
I would love to try--I'm sure it's a heck of a drive for me too!!!

Summer would be fabulous for me also--and I also am very interested in seeing Best Friends!!

dukedogsmom
09-11-2003, 10:18 AM
I not only would like to visit there, I'd love to work there! I'd be up for it. In fact, I was going to go by myself sometime because it is such a great place. I'll start saving some money now for it. I would have to fly to Vegas(been wanting to go there too!), then drive the rest of the way if anyone would want to meet me there.

slick
09-11-2003, 11:33 AM
Sounds good to me. As with everyone else, money is tight right now but with enough planning I can probably swing it. I'll just have to find a cat-sitter. Where can I get info on the cottages? I'll have to look at the map but I wonder if I could drive there and camp along the way....hmmmm....food for thought.

Also I need at least 2 months notice for the final date. The people I cat-sit for go away ALOT and I would need to give them notice as well as notice at work of course.

I'm up for the work too, grooming, playing, oooooo I'm getting excited already.

robinh
09-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Not sure I can, but I'm definitely interested.

anna_66
09-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Don't know if it's possible right now, but I'm definately interested!

Kfamr
09-11-2003, 03:39 PM
Maybe I can work on my dad. You know i'd LOVE to visit Utah!

Samantha Puppy
09-11-2003, 03:41 PM
I *so* would, BUT I'll be completely broke from having planned and paid for my wedding (next June). Plus, I'll be taking a week off for the honeymoon and I doubt the ol' boss would like me going off for another week or so the same summer. :( Maybe another time, I can come outside and play with you all.

Stupid wedding, anyway... *pout*

Crikit
09-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Dude! count me in. I'll have to start saving like now but I would love to try to make it out.

binka_nugget
09-11-2003, 08:45 PM
anyone wanna pick me up and bring me?? :D LOL

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-11-2003, 08:51 PM
I wish I could... me and Brandi would go together... but my mom still thinks everyone online is evil... you evil PT'ers!! :)

wolf_Q
09-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Glad to see so many of you interested!! :D

What I was thinking would be to have people fly to Salt Lake City...then rent a few vans or something and drive down there. That way we'd have something to go to the National Parks in also (it's charged per vehicle, not per person). You can, of course, drive there or fly to another airport like Las Vegas (you just won't get to meet my brat dogs ;) )

Start saving up now guys!! I'm going to! :)

Tonya
09-11-2003, 10:02 PM
I had just read an article about that place! Yes, I am VERY interested! I think that would be a great trip.

Cincy'sMom
09-11-2003, 10:03 PM
How far are you from Vegas, Amy? we will be out there in Nov.

Karen
09-11-2003, 10:03 PM
We might be able to - it depends on lots of different things, but we drove by there (didn't know we were going to, so didn't have time to stop) when we were visiting the Southwest last summer. It is beautiful country to drive through, and it's a nice drive from Las Vegas. I don't remember whether it was before or after the amazing Zion Canyon national park ...

So put us down as a definite maybe!

wolf_Q
09-11-2003, 10:15 PM
How far are you from Vegas, Amy? we will be out there in Nov.

Oo what are you going to be Vegas for? :) I think I'm around 7 hours from there....

Karen that'd be awesome if you could make it! :D Zions and Bryce Canyon are gorgeous National Parks. I think the Grand Canyon isn't too far away either. I've been to all 3 of them, but it's been several years. I actually stopped by Best Friends a loooong time ago too, but it was closed at the time.

zanzanfergie
09-12-2003, 06:07 AM
Oh I would love to come so much! Who knows? Anything's possible. My dad sometimes flies out to Salt Lake City for business. It's one chance in a billion, but there IS the most minescule chance that I could be there. IF
1. My dad is going to America at that time of year.
2. He would be willing to take me along.
3. I can get time off school at that time of year.
4. My parents would be willing to let me meet people off the internet on the other side of the globe.
5. We can afford an extra trans-Atlantic airplane ticket.
6. Anybody wants me there :p

So, it looks like a really strong possibility that I'll be there, lol. Count me in guys!

robinh
09-12-2003, 05:06 PM
Have we thought about any dates?

lovemyshiba
09-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy

Stupid wedding, anyway... *pout*

lol!!!!!

Maybe some of us on this side of the country could get togther and travel--I am deathly afraid to fly:o

iceyshiver21
09-12-2003, 05:12 PM
You know...I WANNA GO! I know all you WI'ers wanna take a detour over to Minnesota and pick me up!!!