PDA

View Full Version : Gimme that leash!!

K9karen
09-10-2003, 11:53 PM
As soon as Klo gets to our house after her long walk or last outie for the night, she becomes a crazed maniac and grabs the leash in her mouth, pulls it, gets tangled and just goes nuts! I know this is probably a play thing, but do I keep walking to the house? Make her sit, stay? She's so intent on being a fool neither action on my part has worked. Suggestions from you pros? I never ran into this before.... :rolleyes:

wolf_Q
09-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Does she start doing it when you reach the door to the house or sooner then that?

KYS
09-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Karen,

If what she does bothers you:

I guess if it was me, as soon as klo starts acting up
after your walk, I would put her in a sit stay and ignore,
until she calms down. Once she calms down I would continue.
If she acts up again, I would sit/stay again and
keep doing this till I reach the house.
I think eventually it will click in her head, if she
does not calm down she will never reach the
front door to get inside the house.

(P.S. I am not a pro. lol)

K9karen
09-13-2003, 12:27 AM
Amy, it happens only at her last outie of the night, not after her usual long after dinner walk. As soon as we approach our front yard, or the neighbor's, she starts tangling, jumping, pulling..it is playful but annoying. Tonight she muzzled herself! I did a sit. (untangle) but she did it again. I was more concerned if it requires behavior modification or I should just ignore it and let her enjoy herself before bed.

Tonya
09-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Awww, partygirl doesn't want the night to end! I don't really know what to do. I am not an expert, but I'd say let her know the fun is over and take her inside. If it isn't to disruptive, let her have her fun. But, do what YOU want to do.