PDA

View Full Version : saw Mum in hospital today..........

carole
09-10-2003, 11:05 PM
The news is all good, mum is doing fantastic, I am truely amazed, even last night apparently she was watching her favourtie t.v programme.

Keyhole surgery is so different compared with the old method, and mum had two other procedures done at the same time, so her recovery is going so very well.

This is all due to her surgeon, who came highly recommended to us, the staff also speak so highly of him, they say all his patients look like this after surgery because he is so gentle and is an expert at what he does, infact we were told he is one of the best in the world, he goes worldwide teaching his techniques.

Personally I am very impressed with DR ROMAN, he is originally from peru, how NZ got him I don't know, but I sure hope we can keep him.

The operation took 4hrs, one hr more than he thought, there were no complications as such, but it took more time than he anticipated, also they found a cyst on her ovaries, so now all is gone mum will not have a risk of cancer now, which she does have with the medication she is on for her breast cancer, so that is a blessing in disguise.

She should be coming home tomorrow, 2 days and 2 wks recovery is all that it takes.

The greatest thing is mum has not been sick from the anesthetic this time, a first ever, so that aids her recovery as well, hopefully she should be ok now, she was given a new drug from overseas this time to help combat that, of course they never tell you what, like their little secrets they do.

So folks I honestly feel on a bit of a high right now, so happy to leave mum in such good hands and feeling so good.

Will keep yas posted, but lets hope its all plain sailing from now on

Logan
09-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Carole, I am so happy for you and your mother!!!! What wonderful, reassuring news for both of you!!! :)

Twisterdog
09-10-2003, 11:09 PM
What a relief! I'm so happy for you and you mother! I know what you're going through ... my mom had heart surgery a couple weeks ago.

I hope she continues to do well!!

carole
09-10-2003, 11:13 PM
THANKS logan and twisterdog, I hope you mum is recovering well too, yes it's a scarey experience isn't it?

However I feel great that I can maybe reassure anyone else who might be considering this type of surgery, of course to get our Dr Roman you would have to come to little ole nz LOL.

I am now looking forward to having her back home, and being able to take care of her, and giving her the TLC she needs:)

K9karen
09-11-2003, 12:00 AM
Oh Carole! I am so relieved too! I know you were too busy to answer my emails so this is the best news!!! Isn't new medical science amazing?? I'm so glad you met Dr. Roman, he sounds like a real pioneer and caring doctor!! It's great that the cancer risk is gone,,Whew! I can feel your happiness and see you floating on Cloud 9!! Isn't there a law that says moms can't get sick?? :rolleyes: I know with your loving care, she'll recoop in no time!! Keep us posted!! {HUGS to you both}

09-11-2003, 07:06 AM
what a relief for you and your mom, Carole! She will get better every day from now on!!

tatsxxx11
09-11-2003, 07:23 AM
What wonderful news, Carole!!:) Sounds like things couldn't have gone any smoother and the future look promising and bright! I'm so happy for you and your Mom!!:)

anna_66
09-11-2003, 08:23 AM
Sounds like all is going well, I'm so happy to hear this Carole:)And as for being on a bit of a high....who can blame you:D

lovemyshiba
09-11-2003, 10:14 AM
Wonderful news Carole!!!
I'm very happy for you!!!

Randi
09-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Carole, this is really great news - no wonder you're over the moon. I hope your mom will continue to do well! :)

dukedogsmom
09-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Great news! Hope she continues to do better and better. I can't believe she was watching tv already!

gini
09-11-2003, 11:04 AM
Carole, what a great post from you. This is just what we need today 9/11 - a celebration of life.

I am so happy for you and for your Mum that all has gone well and she is feeling so good.

Hugs from Gini

RICHARD
09-11-2003, 12:01 PM
:)

slick
09-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Great news Carole! Hugs to you.

ChrisH
09-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Carole, that is wonderful news, I am so happy for you and your Mum. :D

Hugs for you both!:)

Miss Meow
09-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Congratulations to you, your mum and the wonderful Dr Roman! :)

carole
09-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Aww you guy's are the best, thanks for all the positive feedback, mum came home today, and she is doing so well, she amazes me, left her to have a sleep about 2pm, so I hope she gets a good rest, as that is what she needs right now.

Yep we have the wonderful surgeon to thank for her speedy recovery, he is also the kindest, caring, man, and he told her she can ring him anytime , if she has any concerns.

She will go for check up with him on 26th sept.

She felt a bit sick in the tummy last night, and we thought oh no here it goes again, but no, she never was sick once this time, and that I am sure has helped her recovery, DR Roman was called in and came and checked her out, he thought it was just the gases in the stomach used during surgery and the voltaren she was given, and it would settle down and it did, so that was a real relief.

Will keep you all posted, hopefully only good updates.:)

KYS
09-12-2003, 12:25 AM
Wonderful news! :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-12-2003, 12:59 AM
Carole, this is great news!!! :D