PDA

View Full Version : happy made some new friends!

cali
09-10-2003, 08:59 PM
hehe I took happy and misty for a walk to the park for a run, and on the way home, I always let happy off ;leash for the walk home anyway she happend to see 5 young girls playing in there front yard, and guess who saw them?? lol happy went galloping over to them and got imedietly into a playbow! they got scared at first but I called her back and they realized she was friendly and obedient, and I told them she just wanted to play, so they greeted happy and misty, asked there names, and one pulled a ball out of her pocket, and asked if she would chew it, I told them, no she will just bring it back, so all they took turns throwing the ball for her! and saying yuk about the slobber!;) anyway she had a blast and they had a blast with her! so happy made yet ANOTHER friend! so much for not being kid friendly!she used to hate yound kids now she makes friends litterally evertime she meets them! everytime I take her to the water park(she brought a toy to a couple of picnicers once they were pretty confused!) now If I can just teach all the dogs in the world to throw the ball for happy! thats how she got over her kif fear after all, they all want to play fetch with her and she is more then happy to comply! now how to teach dogs to toss her the ball :confused: :p lol

edited because happde is not a short form of "happy made" lol

tatsxxx11
09-11-2003, 02:59 PM
What a sweet story!:) You must be so proud of Happy! And I'll bet it made your day to see her getting along with the kids and the kids having such fun with her!:D That's usually all it takes...some patience, a little socialization and people/kids who are happy to meet and greet your dog and treat them with a little respect. I have no doubt that dogs can "read" a person's feelings toward them! Yay, Happy!! Your forming quite the fan club!:)

dukedogsmom
09-11-2003, 06:12 PM
How cute! I just love that play bow thing. Duke does that sometimes when he wants to play keep away.