PDA

View Full Version : Butter? A Purring Lap Cat????

Logan
09-10-2003, 07:57 AM
I think someone has taken my feisty boy from me and replaced him with another that looks just like him. It is becoming quite common for him to settle beside me in bed, rather than at my feet, or jump deliberately into my lap to take a nap! Right now, he is curled up on my legs, purring and letting me pet him!!!!

This is just too good to be true!!!!! :D :D :D

I know you guys get sick of me, but it is truly a remarkable personality change. I just hope it stays this way!!! :p

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-10-2003, 08:11 AM
WAY TO GO BUTTER!!!!!

ONE MORE ROUND OF

BUTTER-BUTTER-BO-BUTTER- BANANNA-FANNA-FO-FUTTER ME-MY-MO-MUTTER.. BUTTERRRRRR

What a happy thread!!... I am so happy Butter is realizing the life of a purring lap cat!!!

*applause*:D

ramanth
09-10-2003, 08:35 AM
Get sick of you!? Nonsense!

YAY FOR BUTTER!!! :D That is awesome news.

Edwina's Secretary
09-10-2003, 09:05 AM
Did you check for a zipper? When aliens invade there is usually a zipper in the costume I'm told.

Glad to hear the love all around him has finally reached Buttercup's well hidden heart!

ChrisH
09-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Aww, that is great!:D Gives me hope that one day Ebby may become a lap kitty.:)

Barbara
09-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Yay Butter:D :D :D

Tigris is like that: He is seven now and has not settled down on any lap until 2 years ago. He still does not come often but regularly and we love to be "ironed" by 13 lb cat;)

Butter you see- you can trust these people:)

catmandu
09-10-2003, 09:32 AM
It is funny that Cats will be afraid of you for months , then one day they will decide that you are all right!!!I have been bringing in New Cats here for the last 10 years , and it varies as to how long that it takes them to adapt! I am so glad that Buttercup realizes that you are on his side!And we never get tired of your threads! They are consistently enjoyable!

09-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Our Maya has also changed so much! She used to be shy and non-purring, non-talking, and not willing to sit on my lap for one second .
Now, she comes rubbing my legs all the time, purrs, talks with a high voice, and even lays on the couch with me for over 10 minutes!! What a change!!

I guess she saw how Inka is behaving, and decided to copy that! Maya, my copy-cat!!

kimlovescats
09-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Oh, I could never get tired of hearing wonderful kitty news! Isn't just a great feeling to finally win the affection of an otherwise elusive kitty over?:)

RedHedd
09-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Yay Butter! Mishi has started doing the same thing -- purring up to me. And, yes, it's SO nice to be "ironed" by a 14.5 lb. cat! Actually, he's started "kneading" me a lot more - it's so nice to be awoken, even at 3:00 a.m., by a large fluffy golden beast purring in your ear! ;) :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :D

momoffuzzyfaces
09-10-2003, 12:12 PM
YEAH!!!! BUTTER!!!
I knew you would figure out what a good thing you had going for you sooner or later. Um, could you give Luke and Chester some tips?:D

HayleyRosie
09-10-2003, 01:31 PM
I'm so happy for you. Lately Hayley has become more of a lap cat as well. We say she is jealous of Mandy because when we pick Mandy up Hayley comes running to us.

I hope we get to enjoy our new lap kitties forever!

Randi
09-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Logan, this is great news! :D And lets get this straight once and for all, we never will be tired of hearing about Butter! :)

Fister is 7 now and he has never been a lap cat, and probably never will be, but he's certainly a bed cat!! :D He can hardly wait for us to go to bed, so he can lean against us or lay flat out on John's chest or his head on my pillow. :)

Isn't is just wonderful that Butter has come to realize how nice it can be! :)

Now, we just need some pics! ;)

slick
09-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Just can't enough of that Butter!! I'm so happy he's such a purr-baby.

Logan
09-10-2003, 03:15 PM
I just knew you guys would understand!!! :) :) :)

Funny thing is that in these 2 1/2 years since he showed up, he has only purred on the rarest of occassions and you really, really had to listen hard to hear it. This morning, his motor was running loudly!!!!!! Oh he just made me smile so big!!! :D I hope it will continue, I hope it will continue..........

aly
09-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Of course it will continue! The wild beast is turning into a little pussycat :D :D I think we need some pictures!

Great job on saving the Butter boy and showing him what love is. I'm sure that is what has made all the difference for him.

jenluckenbach
09-10-2003, 05:31 PM
This is what rescue and pet ownership (and I use the word loosely) is all about!:D

Rachel
09-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Maybe the bad boy figured since how the number of dogs in the house has been multiplying he better BUTTER UP the head of the household to sway things a bit in his favor.

Pam
09-10-2003, 06:59 PM
You know Logan, although Trevor was never as feisty as the old Butter Boy, until I got Andy he wasn't really a lap cat. He was a sweetie for sure but very selective about where he spent his moments relaxing and often it wasn't anywhere near me. Andy, being the affectionate little guy he is, I am sure is responsible for the gradual turn-around in Trevor's behavior. Nowadays one or both of them can be found in my lap. Could it be that Butter has been watching Mimi and thinking to himself....."Hmm, that looks like fun. Maybe I should give it a try." I am hoping that, whatever the cause, this will continue. He is such a beautiful boy and I know he just looks and feels so sweet on anyone's lap. Maybe he has just been worn down enough over time now to put away the "tough boy, street-wise kitty image" and just became the real "pussycat" that he is underneath. :)

Logan
09-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Maybe the bad boy figured since how the number of dogs in the house has been multiplying he better BUTTER UP the head of the household to sway things a bit in his favor.

Rachel, you may be on to something!! LOL!!!!

All I can say is that I am loving the change. He looks good, seems to feel good, no more itching, and he has put on a few pounds, which is ok because he was too thin before. The new food really does seem to be agreeing with him. We're feeding both of them Flint River Ranch Cat and Kitten formula.

Keep those fingers and paws crossed that this new man stays and the old, biting, scratching one is gone!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2003, 10:55 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Butter is becoming a lap cat. :) I can also relate because I've had Storm for almost 7 years now and he's starting to become a lap cat. It all started after I lost Pepper. Now I think he does it to get more attention since he has 3 other brothers. Whatever the reason, I'm also very happy about it and hope that it continues.:)