PDA

View Full Version : Pixel Is Getting A Brother!

IttyBittyKitty
09-10-2003, 07:23 AM
In ground breaking news at Chalet Pixel, a new cat of as yet unknown identity is soon to join the happy household!

Our landlord was over tonight, on a trip up from Sydney, to get new copies of our lease. It seemed the perfect time to tentatively broach the subject of a second cat. He said, "okay, as long as she [Pixel] doesn't eat him!" :D

Scott seems to also be convinced! Scott has chosen the name Randie, short for "Random Numbers." This is another cat name from the series of books that we obtained Pixel's name from. The name refers to kittens going in one direction, then suddenly running off in another direction at the call of a random number popping up in their head.

We will begin the search on the weekend, probably on Saturday. Initially, I wanted an older cat but I honestly think that Pixel, with all her bags of energy, would be much better suited to a kitten who would enjoy playing games and snuggling up with her.

I am going to need some advice regarding introducing a kitten to Pixel who herself is six months of age. I have had some experience introducing older cats to one another, but the kitten to older kitten scenario is totally new!

bisi.cat
09-10-2003, 07:31 AM
GREAT news!!!

I am so happy for you and especially for Pixel!!!
I can't wait to see photos...but unfortunately I can't give you any advice how to introduce a kitten to Pixel (who is with six months of age not so far away from being a kitten herself!!!)

Oh, this is so exciting...please keep us updated...PLEASE!!!
:D :D :D

IttyBittyKitty
09-10-2003, 07:34 AM
How on Earth can I wait until the weekend? I just can't wait to get a little kitty brother for Pixie! :D :D

There will be pics, don't you worry, as soon as the new edition has arrived home!

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-10-2003, 07:43 AM
WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!!

And they say it helps if someone Pixel really doesn't know brings the kitten inside. Bring it in, in a carrier and let Pixel see it...

Tinky was 6 months old when I got Jupiter.. (he was 6 months old too)...

I put Jupiter in the spare bedroom with food and potty box... and they would sniff under the door and every once in a while I would crack it open to let them see each other..

I started letting him out after a week and Tinky would growl and hiss.... but all that ended after another week.

CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THE NEW KITTY!!!

catmandu
09-10-2003, 09:49 AM
That is Great NEWS as I am sure that after a period of adjustment , Pixel and Randie will be the best of friends! Good Luck , from us all!

ramanth
09-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Congrats on the new addition!! :D Be sure to get pics. ;)

kimlovescats
09-10-2003, 11:01 AM
Can't wait to welcome the newcomer!:)

Uabassoon
09-10-2003, 12:38 PM
I can't wait to see pictures of your soon to be new furbaby!

jenluckenbach
09-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Terrific news!!!!! Don't rule out the older kittens though. My favorite adoption age is right around 6 months old. So go out there and find yourself a kitty!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Barbara
09-10-2003, 02:33 PM
How wonderful! Can't wait to meet Randie and to hear about her and Pixel:)

slick
09-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Oh boy, more kitty pics to see. Can hardly wait!

IttyBittyKitty
09-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Terrific news!!!!! Don't rule out the older kittens though. My favorite adoption age is right around 6 months old. So go out there and find yourself a kitty!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Jen, that is exactly the age that Pixel herself is right now, so I am looking anywhere between 12 weeks to 6 months of age

Sara - LOVE your sig ... hilarious! :D

jenluckenbach
09-10-2003, 05:19 PM
For some reason I "see" a cat that will be names Randie to be an orange. ;) (and nothing more lovable than a big ol' orange male.):D

bluekat
09-10-2003, 06:09 PM
That's wonderful news!!!:D:D Congrats!
Can't wait to see him!

Miss Meow
09-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Woohoo!!!

Welcome to Randi Crypto ;) when he arrives :)

ScantyNebula
09-10-2003, 08:27 PM
That is SO GREAT!!! I couldn't believe it when I read the thread .. how exciting!!!

My advice to you - Get a cute little orangie boy, your Pixel looks so much like Lily now, just as well complete the match ;):D Have FUN looking for a new addition to the family - GOOD LUCK and take LOTS of pictures! :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2003, 11:13 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D When I adopted Storm he was no more than 1 year old. After about 4 months, I decided to adopt another cat. I wanted a kitten and adopted a 9 week old black male who became Pepper. Since I didn't know anything about introductions, I just let Storm sniff Pepper while he was in the carrier.
After a little while, I took Pepper out and let Storm sniff him. They both hissed a little bit but never growled. Storm followed Pepper everywhere and then they began to play. They actually bonded in about 1 hour. :) Later in the day, Storm began to wash Pepper just like a mother cat would. I just thought that all of this was normal but later learned that most cats don't bond this quickly. I guess I was just very lucky.:)
Hopefully you'll be as lucky and won't have any problems with Pixel bonding to her new brother. You just need to make sure that you give Pixel a lot of attention so she doesn't get jealous. Good luck on your male kitten search and I look forward to hearing about Randie and seeing his pics too. :) I also agree with Jen and Johanna that you should adopt an orange kitten. I just love orangies. :)

carole
09-10-2003, 11:24 PM
CONGRATULATIONS tamara, I can't wait to see the pics of RANDI, I wonder what Randi is going to look like,? good luck with your choosing!!How exciting for you.:)

shais_mom
09-10-2003, 11:50 PM
I don't have any advice either, a good luck, congratulations and can't wait to meet Randi! ;)

wolf_Q
09-11-2003, 12:07 AM
Congratulations! Hope he gets along well with Pixel! :D

Kirsten
09-11-2003, 04:32 AM
That's so exciting!!! :) :) :)

I think Pixel is young enough to quickly adjust to the new addition, she will love to have somebody to play with! :)

And yes, why not an orange boy? :D There more orangies I'm seeing here, the more I want one, too! ;)

Kirsten

IttyBittyKitty
09-11-2003, 07:15 AM
My current name is Stargate. I am a Ragdoll and I am interested in applying for the position of Randi, Pixel's brother.

I am not an orangie, and I come from a breeder. My breeder Meowmie is very sad that people kept rejecting me on the basis of a tiny imperfection on my ear. She is very excited that I will be going to the home of a true cat lover. I hope that you wouldn't hold my background against me.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p34aa713fba57637ac61ac41911a6d8a2/fb1f12ad.jpg

I would really love to become a Pet Talk kitty!

Logan
09-11-2003, 07:23 AM
Well, Stargate, I think you are perfect!!!! And we would LOVE to have you at Pet Talk with us!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Stargate is gorgeous!!!:D I'd love to have you become a member of Pet Talk. :) He kind of reminds me of my Sky. When will you be able to adopt him?

Killearn Kitties
09-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Aaaw - he is gorgeous. :D

jenluckenbach
09-11-2003, 02:36 PM
I vote that Stargate GETS the position of Randie! (and if that is not good enough I will be forced to pull my rank and have ALL my kitties vote for Stargate).:D

I'd also like to comment on your imperfection........... WHAT IMPERFECTION??????? :eek: I see absolutely nothing wrong with you little one. :D

slick
09-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Randie! What some call an imperfection, I call uniqueness. Your ear makes you that much more special and I'm so happy you've decided to join our little community. Looking forward to many, many, many more pictures of you as you grow up :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-11-2003, 04:35 PM
I'd also like to comment on your imperfection........... WHAT IMPERFECTION??????? :eek:

I agree!! If they are talking about that little speck on your left ear, well all I can say is their loss!!! You are SO adorable and I know you'll make a perfectly good brother to Pixel. :D

You'll make an interesting pair - the smallish, short haired meezer kitty along with the biggish, long haired Ragdoll kitty. What an adorable pair!

Can't wait for more pics of you! :D

Cataholic
09-11-2003, 04:59 PM
Hello to STARGATE! I love him already, and I just KNOW Pixel will too...I just know it.

jazzcat
09-11-2003, 05:07 PM
What a cutie. I say he looks like the perfect little brother.

IttyBittyKitty
09-11-2003, 05:25 PM
I vote that Stargate GETS the position of Randie! (and if that is not good enough I will be forced to pull my rank and have ALL my kitties vote for Stargate).:D

I'd also like to comment on your imperfection........... WHAT IMPERFECTION??????? :eek: I see absolutely nothing wrong with you little one. :D

Jen, they are referring to the little speck of white on his left ear. To which I say "bah!" he is just adorable nevertheless.

I will be meeting him in the flesh for the first time tomorrow. There will be lots of pics coming through as his current Meowmie has taken a shedload!

His Meowmie wants him to be desexed before he comes to us and he's booked in for an appointment in about two weeks. We'd pick him up the following Saturday.

Kirsten
09-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Hi Stargate! What a beautiful boy you are!

And it would be so nice to have you here with your sister Pixel! :)

Kirsten

shais_mom
09-11-2003, 10:33 PM
He is just perfect for Pixel!!!
I can't wait till he comes home!

carole
09-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Aww Tamara I am so envious, I simply adore Ragdolls, stargate AKA as Randi is the cutest, now aren't you lucky to be getting this cute lil kitty,? Hope Pixel thinks so too.!!!! :)

IttyBittyKitty
09-12-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
He is just perfect for Pixel!!!
I can't wait till he comes home!

Me neither! I can't wait to meet him tomorrow!

ChrisH
09-12-2003, 04:51 AM
Aww, he is absolutely gorgeous!!:)

Barbara
09-12-2003, 04:59 AM
Stargate-Randi -can I spot a chance for flame points there? That would make you orange enough, wouldn't it?

You know that in classical Japanese art they used to say that a small spot of imperfection enhances the perfection as you can see the difference.

And you look like one of the most purrfect fluffballs.

You can give your purrents many things that may not come from impish Pixel (I also have two kitties with a totally different character).

We are looking forward to having you here.

Cataholic
09-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Is it tomorrow yet?

RedHedd
09-12-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
My breeder Meowmie is very sad that people kept rejecting me on the basis of a tiny imperfection on my ear.

What imperfection? This kitty looks like an absolutely PERFECT Star kitty to me!

IttyBittyKitty
09-13-2003, 02:46 AM
We finally got to meet him in the flesh today, along with his kitty meowmie and his brothers and sisters. All adorable.

And here is a pic of him being by Scott:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p593aecb35bad425e55871d184fd1678e/fb1b1d58.jpg

You guys won't believe this ...

I took a little blue tea towel with me and rubbed on him to introduce his scent to Pixel. When I got home, I tried to rub her with it but she wanted to play and wouldn't sit still. While that photo was uploading to imagestation, I went downstairs to see what Pixie was doing. She was asleep in the middle of the floor which I thought was odd. Until I saw what she was lying on ... the little blue teatowel with her brother's scent!!!!!

I think she's in love already ....

Miss Meow
09-13-2003, 02:50 AM
I saw you on-line and was busting for an update! What a cutie! :D

More pics

More pics

More pics!

Killearn Kitties
09-13-2003, 05:11 AM
He is SO gorgeous!! When can you get him?

nodgeness
09-13-2003, 05:22 AM
That's AWESOME! When do you get to bring him home?
When we adopted our second we took about a week to let them sniff each other before introducing. We kept Bernie in a bathroom & would let them see each other everyday for a little while. Then about a week later we let him out. Squeak hissed @ him a couple times & then that was it. The main reason for keeping them apart was to make sure if Bernie had caught anything from the humane society he couldn't pass it to Squeak.
Good luck w/ this new little guy! You are going to have so much fun!!!!

jenluckenbach
09-13-2003, 05:53 AM
Pixel is going to make such a great big sister!!!! Can't wait until Randie comes home!! (cause then we'll get more pictures!) :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-13-2003, 05:56 AM
What wonderful news! Little "Randi" is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure he and Pixel will get on great together!

IttyBittyKitty
09-13-2003, 10:03 AM
He'll be home then. His current Meowmie is going to take more pics of him to send to us. We are also going to see him again next weekend will take our new digital camera to take even more pics!

IttyBittyKitty
09-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Here he is with his brothers ... he is the one in the middle!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p23ff9a1239357ecbbcad88adf00a6757/fb1a7dd5.jpg

Barbara
09-13-2003, 11:22 AM
AAaww what teddy bear kitties!

IttyBittyKitty
09-13-2003, 11:29 AM
I got to meet them all! Would you believe, that even with a litter of kitties, momma cat is as playful and fiesty as the babies are! It is so cute to watch momma run around and play with the toys along side her kits!

Uabassoon
09-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Awww he is so cute, I just want to hold him and cuddle! That last picture you posted looks like it should be on a kitty calender. I can't wait until you get to bring him home and we can see pictures of him with his new new sister.

Cataholic
09-13-2003, 03:01 PM
I can't wait! Is he staying with mommy because he is too little to leave yet?

jenluckenbach
09-13-2003, 03:47 PM
2 WEEKS!!! What do you mean 2 weeks?!?!? That will be an eternity of time !!!!!!!

Randie is most definitely the cutest one of the bunch!:D

krazyaboutkatz
09-13-2003, 05:37 PM
Randie is so adorable. :D It sure would be hard for me to have to wait 2 weeks for him. I know they want to neuter him first and then he has to recover so I guess that's one less thing you'll have to worry about. BTW how old is Randie?

I'm sure that Pixel will get along great with him and it's great to know that she already loves his scent too. :) I can't wait to see more pics of this little cutie pie. :)

Kirsten
09-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Awww, they're so cute!!!! :)

How hard to have to wait for two more weeks! (but I know it has to be...)

Kirsten

IttyBittyKitty
09-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I can't wait! Is he staying with mommy because he is too little to leave yet?

Yup, his Meowmie wants him to be about 300 grams heavier before he gets neutered. KAK, He is currently about 10 weeks of age, and they have booked him in for an appointment on a Tuesday in about two weeks time. The following Saturday (as a few days should be long enough recovery for a little boy kitty) we get to take him home!

Next weekend we are going for another visit and now that we have the new camera, we can take heaps of pics!!