PDA

View Full Version : Can Food????

gkristian
09-10-2003, 01:57 AM
I was just wandering if any of you guys gave your dog(s) can dog food

aly
09-10-2003, 02:21 AM
Nope ... maybe once a year, if even that.

Fuzzy317
09-10-2003, 02:28 AM
We rarely give canned food to our pets, its usually a treat.
We sometimes mix dog food with dripping/scraps of our meals.
And we sometimes mix cat food with drippings from our tuna cans. :D

binka_nugget
09-10-2003, 03:03 AM
Nope. I use to, to coax kai to eat his meals but now he just has to deal with eating when he's hungry I guess.

Pam
09-10-2003, 06:55 AM
I give a 1/4 of a can of Mighty Dog (beef flavor) to each of them at night. I water it down so it is almost the consistency of gravy and then pour it over the dry kibble. It adds a little bit of flavor and they love it. :)

anna_66
09-10-2003, 07:06 AM
They get it every morning (1 1/2 tbls each watered down and poured over their food). Huney won't eat if I don't and I do it for Angus so he will take his pills. And Roxey is special-she only wants to be spoon fed:rolleyes:

cloverfdx
09-10-2003, 07:10 AM
only sometimes, if we run out of their dog meat or cannot get to the pet food store, they will get tinned food.

but i can tell the difference when feeding tinned food because we have a gas problem:o *wouldnt be miss clover lol*

Samantha Puppy
09-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Samantha gets a can of food for dinner every night and has dry food out at all times in case she wants to munch on it. The vet said that it was fine and that she's in great shape, so I've kept with it since it seems to work for her.

delceys_maddogs
09-10-2003, 08:39 AM
All mine just have a tablespoon of Chicken Chappie on top of there dry! anymore than that with six dogs i wouldnt be able to feed myself.
They dont need it but they like it!
also if i left food down all the time id have obesse dogs!lol
Delcey

stacwase
09-10-2003, 09:08 AM
I don't feed canned food because it gives Jake very obnoxious gas.

micki76
09-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Chester can only eat Nature's Recipe Venison & Rice. This has been the only food that is lean enough to keep the pancreatitis monster away. He has the dry version in his cube to munch on thoughout the day, but at night he's like Roxey. He wants to be spoon fed his canned food. And being the sucker that I am, I do it!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Millie gets all dry kibble mixed with a tablespoon of wet food for flavor. She knows when it's food time and if we don't feed her on time, she reminds us. :)

Aneko has, like 3 teeth so she has to eat canned food. She always tries to eat the dry kibble, and will swallow it whole, but it gives her very bad gas. :o

KYS
09-10-2003, 05:51 PM
posted by Pam:I give a 1/4 of a can of Mighty Dog (beef flavor) to each of them at night. I water it down so it is almost the consistency of gravy and then pour it over the dry kibble. It adds a little bit of flavor and they love it. >>>>>>

LOL! Me too.
I use Mighty Dog too, except 1/2 a can. :)

They get mighty dog 2-3 times a week when
I am not cooking something else for them.

Karen

CathyBogart
09-10-2003, 06:25 PM
I used to feed dry food, until I realized that A: they should eat what they love, and B: I was feeding them dry food for the benefit of their teeth, when it's better to just brush their teeth in stead. Plus, neither of them gets gas from it! We do mix in some dry kibble usually though.

Pam
09-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by KYS
LOL! Me too.
I use Mighty Dog too, except 1/2 a can. :)

Karen

Do you save your labels for the Mighty Dog calendars? :D I do, plus I buy other calendars too. I have calendars all over the house, but then I need those reminders or I forget! LOL!

Toby's Mommy
09-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Boo Boo gets canned food at night and he gets dry dog food to munch on. He really dosen't eat the canned food until its all dried out and my grandpa throws it in the yard then he goes and eats it!

dukedogsmom
09-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Every day with some dry food. Science Diet ID.

lovemyshiba
09-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Mine all eat dry food.

Kito can be a pain and not eat sometimes, and I know if I give him canned food once, he'll never eat his dry food again:rolleyes:
I'm sure I would have to spoon feed him too!!!!

I do have a couple of cans though, sometimes I put a little in their Kongs.

KYS
09-10-2003, 08:04 PM
posted by Pam:Do you save your labels for the Mighty Dog calendars? >>>>>>>

Not for the calanders, but I used to save the labels
for the free can of food.
I think it was a free can for every 10 labels you saved?
I was so dissapointed when they stopped this program. :(
I stopped saving the labels after that. I also would
save them for special promotions, but this last year
I have not seen any promotions going on.
I have not been to the mighty dog web site for awhile,
so maybe I miss one.

wolf_Q
09-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Very rarely they've had it as a treat.....when I've got a free packet or something, but I don't buy it.

I feed Nebo dry food twice a day. In the morning he gets just dry (with a small milkbone in it). At night he gets dry plus Healthy Essentials Gravy (with a small milkbone in it :rolleyes: ) For those of you that are mixing canned food with water to pour over for flavor, maybe you should just try getting the gravy sometime. This kind is in a fairly large box type container, and they have different formulas that help with skin and coat, etc. and different flavors. :) Nebo LOVES it, and I really don't put much on either.

shais_mom
09-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Kegan gets it occasionally, but what I usually do for her is add a handful of frozen Bil Jac over top of her food then mix it in.
The gravy is a good idea Amy cept for I bought Vita Gravy which comes in a squeeze bottle and I fixed a hot dog one day and squirted that all over it! Good thing
I realized it was darker than Ketchup!:o

wolf_Q
09-11-2003, 12:04 AM
EWWWWWWW Staci! :eek: :o

anna_66
09-11-2003, 06:45 AM
I've tried the gravy, they don't seem to like it much:eek:

Logan
09-11-2003, 07:02 AM
Mine all think that canned food is wonderful, which is why I just can't give it to them at all! They come to expect it, and the only one in this house that could stand to eat it along with the dry is Zipper, as he is still thin. The others are "butterballs", so we stick to the dry.

Logan