PDA

View Full Version : Lily just almost strangled herself!!!

Kirsten
09-09-2003, 05:18 PM
She was just playing on my bed with a blanket lying on it, when I suddenly heard her crying pitifully. She hung down from the bed with her legs high in the air and I first thought one of her claws got stuck in the blanket.

But when I looked, I found out a lose border of the blanket have been wrapped around her chest and it's been already so tight I couldn't even put a finger between her chest and the border. Luckily I had a scissors at hand and could release her. But if this would have happened whitout me being around, she wouldn't have survived that.

There must have been a guardian angel watching over Lily today, or she just used up the first of her nine lives... :(

Kirsten

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-09-2003, 06:10 PM
Wow Lily girl... Be careful cutie!! Poor Lily... Glad she's ok!

RedHedd
09-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Darned kids! Be careful little Lily! Only play silly, dangerous games when meowmie's around, otherwise you will use up your remaining 8 lives! Mishi did something like this a few months ago, when I found him choking on his mousie. If I hadn't been around to save him, who knows what might have happened -- I shudder to think about it!:rolleyes: :eek:

Steffi N
09-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Lily, you are one lucky kitten that your mommy was there. Perhaps it would be best to just cut away the loose border from the blanket altogether.

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2003, 10:22 PM
How scary!!!:eek: Kirsten, I'm so glad that she is okay and that you were home to save her. Kittens will get into everything. They're just like babies so I guess you might need to look around your apartment to make sure that it's fully kitten proof so that this kind of thing doesn't happen again. Lily is one lucky little girl.

rg_girlca
09-09-2003, 11:26 PM
You are one lucky little girl there Lily. Thank goodness your meowmie was home to save you. Now let's not go and do something like that again okay.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-10-2003, 01:55 AM
Be carefull sweetie!!!

Kirsten, thank goodness you were there! Lily is really being a handful at the moment! I guess no amount of "kitten-proofing" can be 100% - they will always find something to get up to! Glad this scare worked out well.....maybe you can crawl around your appartment at "lily level" and see if there is anything else in her range of vision which could be a danger! (Also watch out for anything hanging - like the chords on blinds etc)

Barbara
09-10-2003, 02:59 AM
Oh Lily, what a scare you gave your meowmie to day!

I agree with Julie, 100% kitten proof does not exist. I remember one day driving home from work in the mid of the day because I remembered that I had left a ball of yarn on the carpet:eek:

But F+T were sleeping then. Little Lily will also grow up and be a little calmer. THen you can relax again:)

ramanth
09-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Scary!!! :eek:
Glad Lily is okay. *hugs*

catmandu
09-10-2003, 09:41 AM
You really have to watch the Cats! Pouncer 1 almost died when she got her neck caught in the wires that connect the cassette deck to the Stereo! ThankGod I was home and heard her! Thank God for Lily that you knew what to do , in time!

Logan
09-10-2003, 09:48 AM
How scary for you and Lily, Kirsten!

I remember when Mimi was a kitten and my husband called me at work to say that he went to lock the back door and found her hanging from a bra strap on the drying rack in the utility room, by her neck! :eek:

These kitties keep us on our toes, don't they?? :rolleyes:

09-10-2003, 10:10 AM
OMG, just imagine that happening when you're not around...:eek:

kimlovescats
09-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Oh dear.... thank God Lily is ok! Oh, those youngsters sure can get into predicaments!!!

Kirsten
09-11-2003, 04:51 AM
Yes, I agree, even though people here are already telling me my attempts to make the place cat- and kitten-proof are neurotic, they still find ways to get into trouble!

Lily is a very fearless cat with a lot of self esteem, and that's a very bad combination. She still jumps on the stove btw, even though it must have hurt when she jumped on the hot plate the other day!

However, I have checked all my blankets for lose borders now, and I didn't even set up the blinds I bought earlier this year - they have cords so I decided to wait till next summer, and then will try to replace the cord-mechanism by something else, less dangerous...

RedHedd and catmandu, that also sounds like a very scary adventure of Mishi and Pouncer! :eek:

Kirsten

IttyBittyKitty
09-11-2003, 07:24 AM
That must have been so scary for you! That's the big worry about having kittens is worrying about the trouble they can get into. With Pixel, it's climbing doors (which is what she is doing right at this very instant) and chewing electrical cable!!!!

Lily, try not to scare your poor Meowmie, be careful!

Kirsten
09-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Then your Pixel reminds me a lot to Luna when she was younger! In the old appartment, she used to climb the door and walk on the edge... and while she was teething, she was chewing cables, too. I had to pull all the plugs when I wasn't at home.

Kirsten

moosmom
09-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Kirsten,

I'm glad you were there to cut Lily loose.

When Mollie Rose was a kitten (8 1/2 years ago) she got tangled up in the chord of the mini blinds. Fortunately it was around her waste and I was there. It gave me a good scare!! Now whenever I get new blinds, I always cut the chord short.