PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

RICHARD
09-09-2003, 12:12 PM
After suffering thru all the little accidents, broken ceramic, and waking me up at strange hours and on weekends, I finally got even with my cat!

I was in the kitchen grabbing a bite to eat....
Since it's monday and there is a football game on-
I wanted to fix a hot dog to go with my beer. With Eddie in tow, we turned toward the fridge...

Hot Dogs, relish and ketchup......

I heated up my dog and saw I had no mustard!!

MY DOGS need mustard, so I opened the fridge door. Being a regular cat, Eddie just had to stick his head around the corner and check out what's going on...

The mustard container is one of the 'warehouse sized' monstrosities you buy at Costco because... it's on sale, you like mustard, it's really easy to cover your food with the pump/handle/dispenser on the top.

Just hit that sucker, the mustard flows and you are all done!!!!!!

WARNING!
Mustard that is exposed to air tends to harden into a tough texture...sometimes plugging the tiny hole from where the mustard comes out....

If you apply enough force to the pump you get a nice stream of mustard on your food.

If you apply enough force to the pump when the hole is halfway plugged by that bit of dried mustard- the stream tends to deflect in a direction you cannot possibly predict-- you cover the side of the hot dog, your leg and the cat.

I look at the dog, my leg and THEN notice the cat is covered in MUSTARD!

Luckily for me, that cat does not notice, he knows something has happened but he was too busy sniffing around and deciding if he should try and see what was in the vegetable bins at the bottom of the fridge....

Trying not to laugh at him, I grabbed a wet paper towel and cleaned him off and then proceeded to clean MY leg off..

He never had a clue as to what had happened.

And even tho I had some guilt about squirting him with mustard, in the end I felt a small bit of satisfaction seeing the look on his face, 'What happened????? What did you just do?????'....

We are now even for the hairball i stepped in that
time, the ceramic duck you broke, the drink you spilled, the litter you track over the house, the time you bit my hand, waking me up on the weekends.........

:rolleyes:

RedHedd
09-09-2003, 12:38 PM
I have learned to swallow whatever I'm drinking BEFORE reading a message from Richard! LOL! Too funny! Mustard is for use on DOGS :D

Russian Blue
09-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
.......... the stream tends to deflect in a direction you cannot possibly predict......I look at the dog, my leg and THEN notice the cat is covered in MUSTARD!

What happened????? What did you just do?????'....

:rolleyes:

*LOL*

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ramanth
09-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Can't imagine the madness if the mustard hit him right in the face. :eek: :D

feeling frisky
09-09-2003, 01:00 PM
That was awsome!! I think they heard me laughing half way down the street. I made a ham ssndwich for my husband on sunday while he was watching football. When I gave it to him he sat it on the couch next to him while he looked at some stats.Well, when he went to take a bite there was no HAM!! Just the bread was there.Our kittie Corbyn decieded to help himself.(our little ham) I went to put more ham on the sandwich and relized that that was the last of it.So kevin got a bread, mayo, let, and tomato sandwich.And to top things off his team lost!! hahahahahaha!!!

jazzcat
09-09-2003, 01:14 PM
LOL! You tell a story well.

09-09-2003, 01:42 PM
LOL!!! Was there no time for a picture :D :D ?

Barbara
09-09-2003, 02:08 PM
LOL -Hot Eddie:D

Miss Meow
09-09-2003, 04:31 PM
A small victory, Richard, but you are nowhere near even!!! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-09-2003, 05:24 PM
:D :D :D

zippy-kat
09-09-2003, 07:44 PM
:eek: :D

Did it stain his fur?

captain
09-09-2003, 07:56 PM
feelingfrisky and RICHARD - laughing HYSTERICALLY at work ........ everyone looking at me like I am some kind of IDIOT!!

nodgeness
09-09-2003, 09:00 PM
I actually can picture your cats face looking @ you. I love your posts!

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2003, 11:40 PM
LOL Another great story. :D

AmberLee
09-10-2003, 12:04 AM
:D :D :D Hee, hee, hee! And my cats are looking at me like I'm crazy right now!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-10-2003, 01:20 AM
Funny story Richard.......bit I think you need to WATCH YOUR BACK - revenge is nigh!!!!

catmandu
09-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Thank God the mustard did not get in his eyes! Pouncer 1 was messing with a vinegar package and some got in her eyes!It took an hour before I could towel it out! Poor Kitty!

catlover4ever
09-10-2003, 10:52 AM
:D :D :D I can so relate to that story. I think people down the hall could hear me laughing.

kimlovescats
09-10-2003, 10:57 AM
Too funny, Richard...... I had a very nice mental picture going!!!:D

RICHARD
09-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by nodgeness
I actually can picture your cats face looking @ you.

This is THE LOOK...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p47fd4c7f228a65153f970c15ee694b21/fb20d1bb.jpg

I told my mom the story and she wanted to know why i didn't drop mayonnaise on him....

Ewwwww, Mayo on hot dogs????:eek:

I did think about getting him in the face...but as
the ultimate curious cat, he was too busy sniffing the veggie bins!!

And would you all please go back to work!!!!
;)

I'd hate for any of you to lose your jobs on my account!

jenluckenbach
09-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Now I've got to clean off my monitor. :p

WAY TOO FUNNY!!!!

slick
09-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
I have learned to swallow whatever I'm drinking BEFORE reading a message from Richard! LOL! Too funny! Mustard is for use on DOGS :D

DITTO!!! Nothing like a kitty condiment!!:D :D :D