PDA

View Full Version : Lil Eli is missing!!!

moosmom
09-09-2003, 07:17 AM
I woke up this morning and noticed the screen in my front window was missing. I live on the second floor of a busy street.

:( :( :( I'm in a panic right now because Eli is missing. Usually at night, he comes up on my bed to be petted and in the morning, he cries to be fed. He did neither. I know sometimes he sleeps in draws and hides really good, but my gut feeling is, after seeing the screen on the ground (broken) that somehow leaned against it and fell out.

At around 6:30 this morning, I heard a ruckus and thought it was the cats playing around. I yelled at them to knock it off like I always do never thinking that is when it might have happened.

I'm on the verge of tears because I have to be at work and can't go look for him. :( :( :( I can't concentrate on anything I'm doing right now. I keep thinking he's out there somewhere scared to death!! I hope he's hiding under the porch or in the cellar. :( :(

I need prayers from everyone that he's just hiding and the wind blew the screen off the window. Not knowing is what's killing me. I walked around the apartment, opening drawers, calling him (not that he ever comes when I DO).

Please God, he's only a baby and still has a little feralness in him. If he IS out there, please take care of him and make him safe.

Logan
09-09-2003, 07:19 AM
:( Donna, I know you feel helpless. I will pray hard that Eli is found, safe and sound.

Logan

Killearn Kitties
09-09-2003, 07:25 AM
Praying that your little Eli is found safe and well.

catlover4ever
09-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Dear Lord, please hear our special prayers for little Eli. He is missing and needs to be found. St. Anthony, finder of lost things, please help fto find Eli, and St. Francis, patron saint of animals, please also hear our prayers today. May Eli be found, safe and sound. Amen.

Russian Blue
09-09-2003, 07:55 AM
How scary for you and Eli!!! Is there anyway you can take a personal day off and look for him?? Or can you send someone over to look for him.

Sending out 'stay near home Eli' vibes! When you get back home, try putting a sweatshirt outside that has a lot of your scent on it. He will most likely be attracted to it.

ChrisH
09-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Oh, no! Praying hard for little Eli to be home soon all safe and sound.

K & L
09-09-2003, 08:32 AM
OMG!!! I hope everything is OK. Please let us know!

momofcats
09-09-2003, 09:03 AM
My prayers are with you and that little Eli is found safe and well.

Nomilynn
09-09-2003, 09:39 AM
oh no!!!!!!! :( :( :( I will pray that he comes home soon!

ramanth
09-09-2003, 09:42 AM
:eek: :eek: :(

ELI!!!!!! No baby.... don't scare momma like that. I do hope you are hiding in the apartment... but if you are not.... I pray that you use common sense and hide under the porch. DON'T GO NEAR THE ROAD!!!

Please come home safe. Donna loves you so.

Kimmy, Momma Zam, and Brother Logan

catmandu
09-09-2003, 09:42 AM
My prayers are with you! I know that when Moose The Magnificent was missing for 6 weeks , I was frantic. It was the not knowing where he was that did it! Was he hungry , was he in danger , was he lying hurt somewheres? I would run down at all hours to see if he was here! Then one Sunday morning there he was! Dirty , thinner , but MY MOOSEwas HOME!!!!Please God , let little Eli find his way home!Please!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-09-2003, 09:50 AM
Oh no! Eli, go somewhere safe and STAY THERE until mommy comes home tonight!!! Then meow like the dickens so she knows where you are and can find you right away.

Donna, are the people who live on the first floor home during the day and if so, is it possible to call them and have them keep an eye out for him?

Oh I hope he's safe. :(

zippy-kat
09-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Donna, my prayers and thoughts for the safe return of lil' Eli.
If I lived closer, I'd go look for him while you're working.

Please little Eli, hide safely, but be waiting on the porch when your momma comes home!!
{{hugs}}

gini
09-09-2003, 10:12 AM
Donna, this is an awful scare first thing in the morning. You have my prayers that Eli will be safe and you will find him soon.

09-09-2003, 10:50 AM
Oh no, poor Eli...! I hope he didn't hurt himself when he fell out of that window....:( ! I hope you find him asap, you are in my thoughts,Donna!!:)

shais_mom
09-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Donna, my prayers and thoughts for the safe return of lil' Eli.
If I lived closer, I'd go look for him while you're working.

Please little Eli, hide safely, but be waiting on the porch when your momma comes home!!
{{hugs}}

Ditto!!!
You and Eli and the crew will remain in my thoughts until lil Eli comes home.

PayItForward
09-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Eli, I sure hope you are nearby home/inside and hiding well.

Any updates yet ?

Steffi N
09-09-2003, 11:43 AM
I hope with all my heart that little Eli is found safe.

2kitties
09-09-2003, 11:54 AM
(((moosmom))) I'm praying for Eli's safe return.

feeling frisky
09-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Our prayers are with you. We pray that Eli will return to you safely. Donna, we can't imagine what you are going through right now. Think positive, never stop looking and remember he knows that YOU love him!! Have you tried to lay some food outside??

moosmom
09-09-2003, 12:30 PM
I took an early lunch and looked in every nook and cranny of my house where he might be. I have such a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that he's gone :(. I walked around the the building looking in the bushes, the hallway that leads to the basement, in the alley. EVERYWHERE! :( I drove around the neighborhood calling his name and shaking the treat can.

I am so scared for him right now. The street I live on is VERY busy and I'm terrified that he's gonna get hit. He lived the first 3 months of his life with his mama as a feral. I'm worried that he's hurt, won't be able to find food or shelter. :( :( :(

It's my fault for not getting up and investigating the noise this morning!! I was going to but just thought it was the cats getting frisky. This is like a nightmare. I've heard stories about this happening but never THOUGHT it could happen to me.

I just want to cry!!! :( :( :(

Uabassoon
09-09-2003, 12:35 PM
I'm so sorry :( I'll be praying that he returns home safely.

Russian Blue
09-09-2003, 12:37 PM
Donna, I really feel for you! I'm getting emotional thinking about it!

If you don't find him tongiht, I would put up posters throughout your building and neighborhood. You should also check local shelters in case he was hurt and someone took him in. Most cats will stay in the immediate area, very close, when they are out of their natural environment. I still would put your scent our there to attract him (ie: sweatshirt) and some food.

Also, look at this website that has tips on finding lost animals:
http://catsinthebag.org/

But that is IF you don't find him tonight. You may very well get him home tonight. Keeping fingers crossed and keep positive!! Negative thoughts do nothing but eat away at the positive ones!!

ramanth
09-09-2003, 12:45 PM
OHHHH DONNA!! *HUGS*

Can you put out food and water for him near your door?

Oh, I do hope he comes back.

ELI... please come home.

:(

moosmom
09-09-2003, 12:53 PM
I'm going to the shelter tonight to see if they'll loan me a trap. I'm going to put it out in the back yard. The way my life is going, I'll probably trap a skunk!!!

Vermontcat
09-09-2003, 01:04 PM
I hope you can find sweet little Eli soon!
Keep looking, hopefully he hasn't gone far or maybe one of your neighbors took him in.

ramanth
09-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Donna..... on the upside, at least only one cat escaped. I couldn't imagine if half or all of your babies decided to go exploring.... :eek: :eek:

HUGS

I wish you luck with the trap.

Samantha Puppy
09-09-2003, 01:15 PM
Oh no... I know how you feel, just not to the extent. My dog Samantha broke her collar one night last November and took a tour of the neighborhood. It was pitch black outside and we couldn't see anything until I called her name and she ran right in front of a speeding SUV - I saw the light glare her eyes. My family and I had to box her in and my brother carry her back in the house. I will never forget how horrible I felt - sick to my stomach, in tears... I'm so sorry you have to go through this. You and Eli are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he comes home safe to you.

Randi
09-09-2003, 01:17 PM
Donna, I'm so sorry to hear little Eli is missing. :( If he did fall and hurt himself, he'll probably be hiding nearby.

I so hope hope he's OK and waiting by your door when you get back from work! If not, the trap is a very good idea, and in the evening the area will be quiter I take it, so he may dare come out of his hiding - and he will be getting hungry.

Be OK Eli and give your mom a miaw so she can find you.

jazzcat
09-09-2003, 01:20 PM
I hope you find him soon.

Just a bit of hope, a few weeks after we moved in this house Ripley escaped. He had never been outside before and like I said we had only been here a few weeks so I was very scared for him. We looked everywhere for two days and then finally my husband found him hiding under a row of bushes in our front yard. Like you, we live on a very busy street and our front door is only about 30 feet from the road.

Try to stay positive and don't make yourself sick.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Sending prayers that Eli is found safe and sound.

09-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
It's my fault for not getting up and investigating the noise this morning!!

oh Donna, please don't blame yourself ...! Your reaction to that noise was perfectly normal and acceptable; we would ALL react the same way!!

Hope lil Eli finds his way home soon. Keep us posted, okay?:) :)

Barbara
09-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Oh Donna, my heart is trembling - I would go nuts too.
Please Eli, come home soon.

I can't imagine he's far away -he was only feral for 3 months:)

PayItForward
09-09-2003, 02:58 PM
He is still likely to be close to home, esp as he is used to be inside.

If he is scared he will hide and not respond even to your calls.

But being outside is NOT a death sentence, I realise your honey is safer indoors but he can and will survive. Even inside cats have a flee response from danger & a natural fear of traffic.

My friends let out her 8 weeks kittens out on a very busy road :mad: But they are fine healthy 1 year olds now.

Try not to worry... Chances are he is very close to home.

Eli.... Go home baby, your meiowmy is worried.

Cinder & Smoke
09-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Ideas (frum the Dummie who Lost his Own Kat INside the Office!) :rolleyes:

Ask the Neighbors to Actively SEARCH - their Yards, Garages,
Under Porches - EVERYwhere.

Make a Flyer - and Take it to the local grade schools -
ask them to both Post it AND make a PA Announcement...
Pizza For Lunch to the Class that Finds Eli!! ;)

Ask the PostMan (Girl) to keep an eye out for him.
(BIG Note on your mailbox.)

Put one of YOUR worn shirts on the front & pack porches;
along with a bowl of his food.

Would a couple of his Kitty Friends help?
Can you put an Eli-Friendly brother/sister out on the porches?
Maybe on a leash & harness; or in a Porta-Prison?
They *might* call out and attract him.

Above All - Do NOT give up hope!
AND - based upon our "loosing" Boots at the office -
try *LOOKING* around the INside of the house again!
Boots was found 5 feet from where Last Seen - hiding behind a desk! :p

GOOD LUCK with the Kat Hunt!

TheAntiPam
09-09-2003, 03:26 PM
We're praying out here on the Left Coast for Lil Eli and for you - C'mon Eli, your mom needs you back in a big hurry!!!

Edwina's Secretary
09-09-2003, 03:52 PM
I don't think he would go far. He has had the comforts of a house too long. I bet he is there waiting for you tonight!

Miss Meow
09-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Oh no, Donna. I hope Eli is home and waiting for you when you get home.

Cataholic
09-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Prayers that you find sweet Eli.....

Cincy'sMom
09-09-2003, 04:58 PM
Poor Eli...come home safe baby!

catland
09-09-2003, 05:07 PM
I hope little Eli is waiting for you.

Kirsten
09-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Oh my God, this is so horrible!!! :( :( :(

Hopefully Eli is alright and will find his way back to you!!!

What a hard thing to have to work when something like this has happened! :(
My thoughts are with you and your Eli, and I hope you'll be together soon!

Kirsten

koxka
09-09-2003, 05:41 PM
When Iuri jump out of the balcony following the call of mother nature ( and he was spayed! ) was lost for 3 days.

I frantacly browsed all the neighbourhoud fow two days, calling for him : IURI, IURI, ...people stared at me as I was crazy, guess my face didn't look the best:(

When I lost hope, the 3th. day, asked the kids playing in the little garden-play pen , one told me that saw a cat hiding under a car....well one minute later I was all long flatened out on the middle of the streed inteasing a dirty, scary to death kitty to go out .... well he got his first and last bath of his live, but most important we were ALL at home again!

Is very commom in busy urban areas strays kitties hide unde parked cars.

Needeess to say good vibes to your way , keep calm and good luck !

moosmom
09-09-2003, 07:11 PM
I went and got a trap from the shelter I volunteer at. It's in the backyard covered with a blanket and a huge hunk of tuna in the back, with a trail of juice and bits leading to the trap.

I was so glad to get home. I went through the neighborhood and asked people if they had seen a small black and white cat. So far nothing :(. I was out looking from 6- 8.

When I went to feed my other furkids their canned treat, I just burst into tears. I can't image where he is. I hope wherever he is, he's safe and not hurt from the fall.

My next door neighbor has been keeping an eye out for him. I'm going to check the trap about every couple of hours throughout the night. Knowing ferals as well as I do, they eat at night when it's dark and quiet.

Looks like I won't be getting any sleep tonight. But that's okay. If it brings him home, it'll be worth it.

I told my landlord about the screen. He felt bad and said that if Eli doesn't come home, I should just adopt another kitty!! :eek:

I want my Lil Eli back!!!! :( :( :(

gini
09-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Donna, it is good news that everyone is on the outlook for Eli now. Let's hope that trap is filled with the little critter very soon. And then your tears will be ones of joy!

zippy-kat
09-09-2003, 07:55 PM
My continued thoughts and prayers for Eli's zippy-quick return home!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Oh no, Donna, I was so hoping he'd be waiting for you when you got home. :(

We'll definitely have everything crossed here hoping he comes home soon, with lots of positive thoughts and "COME HOME ELI's" going out, along with prayers too.

As for your landlord, well, as we know, some people just don't get it. :(

Come on tuna, do you thing!!!

nodgeness
09-09-2003, 09:07 PM
I am praying for Eli's safe retrun!!!! Please keep us posted!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Donna, prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I sure hope that the trap works and little Eli will be in there sometime during the night. Good luck.

aly
09-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Donna,

I read this thread earlier today and couldn't post because I was in tears with worry. I was hoping by the next time I came to check it, you'd have found him :(

I've been saying prayers all day and will continue doing so until Eli is back in your arms safely. I pray the trap will work.

rg_girlca
09-09-2003, 10:59 PM
Oh Donna, I know just how you feel with your little Eli missing. Our RB cat Mittens went missing for 48 days. After awhile I gave up hope of ever seeing him again, but then one night at 3:00 in the morning we could hear a cat meowing outside our window and low and behold there was our mittens.

So please don't give up hope.

My prayers and positive thoughts are with you and your little Eli.

wolf_Q
09-09-2003, 11:54 PM
Oh no!! I'll be praying for Eli's safe return! :(

Crikit
09-09-2003, 11:54 PM
Donna, just finished reading the post and I really hope that Eli returns to you safe and sound. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

AmberLee
09-10-2003, 12:00 AM
Oh, I got to this thread late and really hoped he'd be found by the time I got to the end of it...

Holding you and little Eli and all your crew in my thoughts and prayers. Amazing that only one got out in the circumstances...

Hang in there.

Do have his photo on the posters, it helps non-cat people know what they are looking for...

:( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek:

shais_mom
09-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers Donna.

bisi.cat
09-10-2003, 02:48 AM
Please, don't give up...I am sure Eli will return...
There was an "inside only" cat missing in our town recently and the couple, who shares the life with this gorgeous cat, has run adds everywhere and they even have informed the paper, so everyone knew this cat...poor Mowgli was away for a week when one neighbor (in the same house!!!) has found Mowgli on top of a cupboard!!!

I am sure Eli isn't far away and you'll find him!!!
Eli will be in my prayers!!!

moosmom
09-10-2003, 03:05 AM
It's 3:30 a.m. here and I justed checked the trap. When I looked under the blanket I saw black and white and my heart raced!!! It took my brain a couple of seconds to register that it was NOT Eli :(, but only a neighborhood feral who wanted out very badly. I let him go and set the trap again.

I talked to my daughter tonight who just moved into a new second floor apartment. I got a little pissed at her. :mad: I told her to PLEASE, PLEASE do not open her windows more than her cat Callie's nose so this doesn't happen to her. Her comment was "Mom, I'm not as high up as you are and am going to open my windows so Callie can enjoy the fresh air." I yelled at her :mad: and told her to do whatever she damn pleased, but don't call me crying that her cat is missing when and if it happens to her. I tried to explain that I too, thought it could never happen to me. She is so stubborn and pig headed. Now she's mad at me, :mad: but I don't care. I was trying to get my point across.

I going back to bed and will post again tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It really means alot to me.

BastetsMum
09-10-2003, 06:12 AM
I only just caught this thread now - I am so sorry Donna I wish I could say or do more. When those bastards broke into my house and kicked Bastet and she took off (not that I blame her) she was found across the road in a tree. I hope lil Eli stays around in close proximity to you and that nothing bad has happened to him.

Hugs and head butts your way.

moosmom
09-10-2003, 07:51 AM
I checked the trap again this morning when I got up. The same cat was in it again!!! :mad:

I'm going to try placing it on the side of the house underneath the stairs tonight. I know I can't prevent other cats and critters from going in there but geez!!!

So, I'll try again tonight. ;( This time I'm putting the trap underneath the back stairwell. If I only knew ABOUT where he was, I'd know where to set the trap. For all I know, when he fell, he darted across the street (early in the morning it's quiet and not a whole lot of traffic). He could be ANYWHERE at this point.

Phred,

Sorry I didn't answer you in my last post but there's really no way I can put one of my other cats out as "bait" for Eli. They are terrified of being outdoors, except for the Mooman, of course.

I'm planning on making flyers. The catch is, Eli is terrified of people other than me. When my daughter came to visit for a week, he hid the whole time.

ramanth
09-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Oh Eli, please come home. We miss you so much.

*HUGS*

boscibo
09-10-2003, 12:11 PM
Eli, come home! I hope you find him soon, Moosmom.

I'm sure you have already notified the shelters, but did you call the police too? I did a long time ago when my Boo escaped, and they were very helpful. Boo came home right away (after about 2 hours) but I figured it wouldn't hurt to call the police because they drive the streets all the time and come into contact with a bunch of people who might see him. I suppose it depends on your police department, mine was freindly and said they would keep an eye out for him.

stacwase
09-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Has Eli been found yet?

Cinder & Smoke
09-10-2003, 12:46 PM
... but there's really no way I can put one of
my other cats out as "bait" for Eli.
They are terrified of being outdoors,
except for the Mooman, of course.

The catch is, Eli is terrified of people other than me.

You might still be able to try the *Bait Kat* routine...

"Box" one up and sit on the porch with him/her...
If the "Boxed Kitty" will *talk* - Eli might hear a familiar Voice and come out of hiding.
Then again - if "Boxed Kitty" is screaming at the top of it's lungs ":eek: HALP! She's gonna kill me!" - this idea might have some draw-backs... :rolleyes:

As for being "fearful" of others;
Eli might change his outlook on *strangers* if he gets hungry enough. I'd keep as many of the Neighborhood Possie as possible on the case. Even if someone is just able to *spot* him - the report of a "sighting" will be a BIG help.

As for the Frequent Flyer in the trap ~
Any chance a neighbor could keep THAT one in their basement for a night or two? He seems to be a bit of a chow hound; and it'll be a tad difficult for Eli to hop in the trap - iffin the Door's Already Slammed Shut! :p

Keep Hunting!
We're all Praying for a Quick Eli Return!!

aly
09-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Donna -

Maybe you can borrow another trap to set out? That might increase your chances of getting Eli back. Of course it will also increase your chances of catching more neighborhood cats.

Prayers are still on the way :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Then again - if "Boxed Kitty" is screaming at the top of it's lungs ":eek: HALP! She's gonna kill me!" - this idea might have some draw-backs... :rolleyes:

This might actually help though, depending on how close Eli was to the other cats. When Tubby screams bloody murder, Peanut just has to come see what's going on, and vice versa, so this might be a tactic to try. Although little Eli might be so scared that he won't be able to tell it's one of his housemates screaming and not another cat that he wants to steer clear of.

COME HOME ELI!!!

slick
09-10-2003, 02:12 PM
I'm so sorry that Eli is missing and I pray that he returns soon.

jenluckenbach
09-10-2003, 02:17 PM
OMG ELI!!!!!!! I was off line for one day and I miss this horrible news. Poor sweet baby, please come home. How terribly heartbreaking for you Donna. Many, Many prayers coming your way.

Russian Blue
09-10-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm just checking in and still sending Come Home Eli vibes!!!! I'm so sorry Donna, I wish I could do more to help.

ChrisH
09-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Oh, Donna, I am so sorry Eli hasn`t come home yet. :( Prayers and positive thoughts are continuing for his safe return.
{{Hugs}}
Chris

IttyBittyKitty
09-10-2003, 05:18 PM
How did I miss this thread? Eli, please please please come home to your worried meowmie. I know how you feel, Donna, Pixie did something similar not long after we got her and luckily she was too scared to run away!

Prayers and cuddles coming your way....

rosethecopycat
09-10-2003, 05:34 PM
Thinking of you, Donna.

Have faith.

Eli, come home!

prayers from FL.

aly
09-10-2003, 05:46 PM
Donna, have you ever read the thread of one of our members who had an indoor cat that slipped out the door one day? I think the cat's name was Jasper. Well, she ended up finding him like 3 months later. Its a heart breaking, yet heart warming thread. But I just thought I'd tell you to never lose hope. I pray that it won't take NEAR that long to find Eli though.

catland
09-10-2003, 06:44 PM
We're thinking of you Eli.

zippy-kat
09-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Come onnnnnnn Eli!

{hugs} to you Donna

moosmom
09-10-2003, 09:04 PM
I set the trap again tonight near the front of the building. It's against the building and my car is kind of hiding it so it isn't so obvious to the public.

Let's hope the goofy cat that was caught in the trap twice last night doesn't do it again.

I'll keep you posted guys. Again, thanks for your prayers and support. I love you guys!!!!!!

gini
09-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Eli, I want to hear that you are home safe and sound in the morning...........are you listening????

(you are scaring your Mom something awful).

(and she is very sad).

Kirsten
09-11-2003, 04:37 AM
I talked to my daughter tonight who just moved into a new second floor apartment. I got a little pissed at her. I told her to PLEASE, PLEASE do not open her windows more than her cat Callie's nose so this doesn't happen to her. Her comment was "Mom, I'm not as high up as you are and am going to open my windows so Callie can enjoy the fresh air." I yelled at her and told her to do whatever she damn pleased, but don't call me crying that her cat is missing when and if it happens to her. I tried to explain that I too, thought it could never happen to me. She is so stubborn and pig headed. Now she's mad at me, but I don't care. I was trying to get my point across.

I can understand so well you're upset! A friend of mine has lost her cat the same way last year, but even when I'm telling this to people they tell me it's neurotic of me not to let my cats sit in an open window! Some people will never understand!

I'm so sorry you have to go through this and that you've found another cat in the trap, how disappointing was that! :(

Please don't give up hope!

Kirsten

moosmom
09-11-2003, 06:28 AM
I checked the trap at 2 a.m. and the same black and white cat was caught NEAR it eating the tuna trail I put down. He ran when I put the flashlight on him (there I am standing on a main road in my short pj's :eek: )

Still no Eli :. I'll keep on doing what I'm doing only in different spots. Tonight it'll be in my neighbor's bushes. She called yesterday to see if I he had come home. She's such a sweet old lady.

Anyway, I also printed out pictures and posted them all over the neighborhood and asked some of the MANY kid that hang around to keep an eye out for him. They said sure!

I've called the Ecorse Animal Control every day and they haven't seen him or picked him up.

That's the update. I gotta get dressed and go to work. BTW, I can't post anymore from work, as I was "spoken to" about it. I'll explain more tonight. There was a major blow out between me and the girl training me (we're both under alot of stress because the computer system we use is screwing up making major mistakes, her father is in the hospital, my cat is missing, etc.) It finally came to a head with me running into the bathroom sobbing after telling them that with all the stuff I am responsible for and the pay I'm getting, it's not worth it.

Oh well...Thanks again everybody for being there for me. It means the world to me.

Barbara
09-11-2003, 06:54 AM
Donna, we keep our fingers and paws crossed.

I hope so much Eli-dear dares to come out:)

IttyBittyKitty
09-11-2003, 07:20 AM
Donna, that's awful ... the last thing you need right now when you are stressed about Eli is troubles at work. Sigh, my work is pretty stressful too so I know how you feel. I am still praying and crossing my fingers that Eli will return to you safe and sound!!

You know we are always here when you need us!!

Logan
09-11-2003, 07:22 AM
I'm sure your anxiety over Eli isn't helping you at work, Donna. We can only hope that he will come home, safely, very, very soon. Still praying hard in SC.

Come home, Eli!!!!

ramanth
09-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Donna, if I wasn't sick, I'd race right over and give you a huge hug.

Eli, please come home baby. You are missed so much!

Randi
09-11-2003, 09:56 AM
Donna, I'm so sorry to hear little Eli haesn't come back yet. :( Good to hear have a nice neighbor who will look too. :)

No wonder if you're about to fall apart. You certainly don't need any "situations" at work on top of this!

Have you done the flyers? If there's a good picture of Eli, people may tend to look more - remember to put your phone no. too!

We'll keep our fingers and paw crossed here for you and little Eli. :)

Come out of your hiding, Eli!

lovemyshiba
09-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Please come home sweet Eli!!!! Your mom misses you so much!!!
And we here at Pet Talk are awfully concerned too!!

I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this right now--and troubles at work--when it rains, it pours.

I will keep praying for Eli, until I hear he is home safe and sound. I'm glad to hear you have such a wonderful neighbor, and everyone looking out for Eli.

zippy-kat
09-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Donna, I know you may not want to do/hear this but...
why not GO to the shelters and check for your baby? So-and-so in the reception area may not know that a new cat was brought in or may have a different mental picture of Eli. It's worth a shot...:(

Pleeeeeeasse Eli, come home!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-11-2003, 11:03 AM
Donna, I'm so sorry to hear that you're also very stressed at work too. :( Prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way for Eli's safe return. Please take care.

PayItForward
09-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Hugs from the UK.

Have you tried ring around the vets. If someone has found Eli and thinks he is a stray, they might have taken him to the vets for a checkup. Worth a try.

Hoping Eli comes home very very soon.

momofcats
09-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Donna,

I am so sorry to hear you are going through all this. Today I caught, while chasing a fly, pawing at the screen....I was reminded of what you are going through. Thoughts and prayers are with you and Eli.

TheAntiPam
09-11-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Donna, I know you may not want to do/hear this but...
why not GO to the shelters and check for your baby? So-and-so in the reception area may not know that a new cat was brought in or may have a different mental picture of Eli. It's worth a shot...:(

Pleeeeeeasse Eli, come home!!

Yes yes yes! This method helped my friend locate her beagle/boxer mix which was labeled a pitbull and stuck in the far hidden kennels. Only luck allowed her to overhear a worker commenting on the "narrow face" on the new pitbull dog in the back. It was her pup, and she saved him! She never would have found him just using the phone.

Go in person if you can - take a picture along too - and don't just talk to the receptionist - be brave and be bold when dealing with the humans at the shelters! It is hard, but PetTalk prayers are with you!!!!

moosmom
09-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I took a ride to the police station tonight after work with a picture of Eli, just in case they pick him up.

I've worked with ferals for a long time and know them very well. Eli will not let ANY human get near him. He would always come to me for love :( on his own terms. I got a couple of crank calls from my flyers telling me they saw a cat matching his description dead in the road, then they'd laugh and hang up. :mad:

I don't know how much more of this I can take. I am both physically and emotionally drained. All I can think of is him hurt and hungry.

I put some food and water out in the back yard. I figure the goofy cat that was going into the trap is really hungry, so why not feed him? Maybe if Eli IS around, he'll at least have something to eat and drink. :(

I want my baby back so bad!!!! :( :( :(

Kirsten
09-11-2003, 04:58 PM
It's really breaking my heart you have to deal with all this - not alone with the terrible fact that Eli is missing and the worrying about him, but also with your stressful job situation and these stupid people who give you these weird calls!

People can be so heartless and cruel! :mad:

Kirsten

slick
09-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Donna: I'm still praying really really hard that Eli will come home soon. I'm sure God is watching over him right now and will guide him in the right direction. Hang in there and don't give up. We are all here for you.

Steffi N
09-11-2003, 07:17 PM
I am so sorry that Eli has not yet returned. I hope you find your baby soon.

Cincy'sMom
09-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Dear Eli please come home...your momma and all of us are terribly worried about you...
Hang inthere Donna. We are all praying for Eli's safe return

Russian Blue
09-11-2003, 07:38 PM
I got a couple of crank calls from my flyers telling me they saw a cat matching his description dead in the road, then they'd laugh and hang up. :mad:

:( :( :(

I am SO sorry that you have to deal with people like that!! It's horrible and they will pay for it later.

I know as each moment passes it seems grim, but please believe me that everything can also change in a moments notice and Eli can turn up. You HAVE to remain positive for Eli's sake and for your own mental and daily well being!!!

We are all with you in spirit & will be praying for a quick return!

nodgeness
09-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Shame on some people!!!! I'm still praying your Eli will return! I too am very sorry you are going thru this!

aly
09-11-2003, 07:41 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but where did you originally trap Eli? Do you think he went back to his old stomping grounds?

This thread really breaks my heart. I feel so bad for you and Eli. I am still praying you are reunited soon :(

Cookiebaker
09-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Oh Moosmom, I'm so sorry that Eli hasn't come home yet. Keep on and don't lose faith.

And I'm really sorry about those idiotic crank calls. Someday it will catch up to them. Do you have caller ID?

Eli, sweet baby, please come home soon!

{hugs}

rg_girlca
09-11-2003, 08:53 PM
It's bad enough that you are dealing with the stress of Eli missing and stress from work, but to recieve such cruel phone calls is just too much. Some people can be such idiots and I'm sorry that you have to go through this.

Still praying that little Eli comes home safe and sound very soon.

gini
09-11-2003, 08:59 PM
What goes around, comes around. Keep this in mind about the people who are making crank calls to you. Their day will come.

Just wanted you to know I will continue to pray and hope that Eli will be back with you soon.

lizbud
09-11-2003, 09:18 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Eli. I am praying that you will find
him soon. A little scared & hungry, but not hurt. I'm sure, as you
said, he must be very afraid. I'm hoping he didn't go far & is
hiding out somewhere close by, just waiting to hear a familiar
voice. I will keep you both in my thoughts & prayers. Please try
to hang in there & not give up hope. {{{Hugs}}} Liz.

p.s. As to the idiot calls, I too hate stupid people. They live such
lame non-lives they aren't worth another thought.

Tonya
09-11-2003, 10:49 PM
I will be praying for Eli's safe return. Cats have such a good sense of direction. It may take him a while, but I am sure he'll come home!

Tonya
09-11-2003, 10:51 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but where did you originally trap Eli? Do you think he went back to his old stomping grounds?

Aly has a good point! Go to where he came from and put up signs if you haven't already! When I left home, my cat disappeared. She showed up months later at my mom's.

NoahsMommy
09-12-2003, 12:40 AM
Oh Donna. :( I'm so sorry Eli has gotten out. :( I haven't been around and when I saw this thread was long, hoped this page would have a happy ending. :(

You must be so upset, you poor thing. :(

We'll be praying he comes home soon. Maybe with the weekend coming up, he'll come around in the daylight?

COME HOME ELI!!!!!

IttyBittyKitty
09-12-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Kirsten
It's really breaking my heart you have to deal with all this - not alone with the terrible fact that Eli is missing and the worrying about him, but also with your stressful job situation and these stupid people who give you these weird calls!

People can be so heartless and cruel! :mad:

Kirsten

Horrible, isn't it? I really don't get why people would do that ...

moosmom
09-12-2003, 06:34 AM
Eli came from Lansing, about an hour and a half away from here. Kimmy (Ramanth) is the one who caught him as he was trying to run into a drain pipe.

I'm on my way to work now. Tried to check the trap from across the parking lot with a maglight. It LOOKED as though the trap was still open.

I'll fin dout in a few minutes when I leave.

You guys are really the best!! I'll post again when I get home. Things at work are back to normal, although I kinda keep to myself. I just don't feel like "chatting" or "socializing" with anyone at work right now. They just don't understand.

sqwelch
09-12-2003, 08:27 AM
Oh my goodness, just found this thread, you must be sooooooooo worried !! Hope Eli is found safe and sound SOON !!!

ramanth
09-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Still hoping and praying Donna. *hugs*

Randi
09-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Donna, when you come home from work, take a nap for an hour, you must be exhausted. :( And then take another round looking for Eli at dusk or when it's quiet out there. Perhaps it would help if you could put a leash and harness on one of your other cats to take along. Both Eli and your other cat may recognize each other. You don't have a dog who could search, do you?

I so hope you'll find Eli safe and sound! Fingers and paws still crossed here. :)

Cataholic
09-12-2003, 11:18 AM
Still hoping and praying for a safe return of Eli.:(

zippy-kat
09-12-2003, 11:23 AM
They just don't understand.

Maybe not, but we DO. You can come to us with/for anything!!

I'm crossing my fingers little Eli shows up soon.

gini
09-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Donna, I will be praying hard for Eli's return today.

I am still upset over the nasty phone calls you have been receiving.

Tonya is right........all of us DO understand. Come here and pour your heart out. You know that we all care.

rosethecopycat
09-12-2003, 11:38 AM
Kitties have gone missing for long periods of time and come back safe and sound, if not a bit skinny. You can always fatten them up again. That's what I did with Milo after 3 weeks (I think he got caught in soemone's garage)

Chin up, Donna.

Keeping the faith.

Rose

moosmom
09-12-2003, 12:16 PM
I checked the trap this morning. The same goofy black and white cat with the black nose was in it. I took the trap over to the food and water and showed it to him (someone had eaten some of it). I was seriously thinking of bringing him to the vet to get the dude fixed (if he isn't already). That'll be one less cat that can add to the overpopulation. I'm calling the Michigan Humane Society after I post this.

I know you guys understand. This place understands the stress Michele is under because of her Dad. But I only lost a cat, so I guess that doesn't count. Hummppphh!!!

I love you guys. This is the one place I can come, vent, cry, rant and rave and not have anyone yelling at me. You've been great friends to me and you'll never know HOW much that means to me.

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

P.S. I'm going to give trapping until Sunday night and then bring it back to the shelter on Monday. I also plan on putting food out every day. Regardless of which cat eats it, at least they aren't going hungry.

I'll keep you guys updated. You are THE BEST!!!!! ;)

Barbara
09-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Cats count. Because there is another species that gives so much love to us crazy humans.

Donna, we are with you.
:)

Cinder & Smoke
09-12-2003, 02:16 PM
... The same goofy black and white cat with
the black nose was in it.
... I was seriously thinking of bringing him to the vet
to get the dude fixed...

P.S. I'm going to give trapping until Sunday night
and then bring it back to the shelter on Monday.

Hey Donna!

Don't be so quick to "give up" on the trap!
After all - it's hardly had a chance to snatch poor Eli -
what with Goofey grabbin the MidNite Snack every night! :rolleyes:

Good Plan with sending Goofey off to the White Coat for a quick *snip* -
THAT should keep him outta the Kat Snatcher for a night or two and
give Eli a chance to wander in for a bite to eat! :p

I doubt the Shelter has a more important *mission* for the trap -
I'm sure they will let you keep it as long as it takes to find Dear Eli!

Come ON HOME, Eli!!

gini
09-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Wow, Donna, I think Phred is right on the money.

Maybe Eli is afraid of Goofy and that is exactly what is keeping him away from food and the trap.

He might be hiding somewhere close, just watching his back side and staying away from Goofy!

Cinder & Smoke
09-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Rest Easy, Folks ~

Lil Mr. ELI has wandered BACK HOME!! :D :) :D

Spotted by Mom from the parking lot --

CAPTURED, {{{Hugged}}}, and Returned HOME!!

READ ALL ABOUT IT >>>>

*** Eli's HOME!!!!! *** (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=472556#post472556)

jenluckenbach
09-13-2003, 04:56 AM
OMG !!!:eek: What a relief!!!!!!!!!! :D :D