PDA

View Full Version : This is fun: Astrology for cats! :)

Kirsten
09-09-2003, 05:17 AM
Put this together from several astro pages for cats and think it's funny to find out what of this is really applying to your cat(s)! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARIES (Mar. 21 to Apr. 19)

The Aries Cat is adventurous and energetic, always exploring new areas. Aries cats love to dash about, check out wherever they are. Their pioneering nature leads them in new directions. Their confidence and impulsiveness sometimes gets them into precarious situations, whether it be following a mouse into a corner that's a little too tight or chasing that ball a little too fast on hardwood floors. But the Aries cat will always firmly and boldly assert himself and dive headlong into another escapade, especially if it entails jumping on top of the refrigerator.

Strong points:
Brave, sweet, lively

Weak points:
Freebooter/free spirit, destructive

Health:
Good; sometimes eye-problems, colds

TAURUS (Apr. 20 to May 20)

The Taurus Cat is loving and cuddly. Taurus cats need their owner's laps and will put up with almost anything just to sit in them. They also love to lay in front of a fire or curled on a blanket. The Taurus cat relishes time with his owner, but will ignore the owner from time to time just to keep a little mystery. Taurus cats are quiet and peaceful and are most comfortable when all is well and secure in their world, especially if there's a scratching post, or sofa, nearby.

Strong points:
Domestic, Faithful, frank

Weak Points
Dominant, not giving away, greedy

Health:
Good; liable to overweight.

GEMINI (May 21 to June 21)

The Gemini Cat is a lively cat that gets along anywhere and with most other cats. Gemini cats love to involve their owners in every aspect of their lives, which often includes sharing a recent catch from the back yard. At any age, Gemini cats are youthful and exuberant, inquisitive and a bit devilish. The Gemini cat is versatile and adaptive and absolutely loves a good romp.

Strong points:
Playful, cheerful, social, clever

Weak Points
Doubter, difficult to educate, chaotic

Health:
Good; liable to colds.

CANCER (June 22 to July 22)

The Cancer Cat is protective and caring. When no one is looking, Cancer cats practice arching their backs and hissing. Cancer cats are also emotional and intuitive; they know what's on their owner's mind even if they don't care. Cancer cats can be sensitive and tender, intuitively understanding all that is going on around them. Except why that thing keeps swinging back and forth on the grandfather clock.

Strong points:
Affectionate, domestic, caring

Weak Points
Vulnarable, quick to take offence, quickly stressed

Health:
stomach troubles (stress).

LEO (July 23 to Aug. 22)

The Leo Cat is powerful and faithful. They are enthusiastic, full of energy and come when they're called, which makes them the topic of gossip among other cats. Leo cats head pell mell into everything they do. From chasing shadows and dust bunnies to batting around squeak toys, these are active dynamic cats. Leo cats are convinced they are the masters of all they survey, the Leo, after all is a member of the family. Above all, Leo cats are faithful and loyal to their owners, except when a little catnip is at issue.

Strong points:
Generous, affectionate, brave

Weak Points
difficult adapting, dominant, tiring

Health:
Back problems

VIRGO (Aug. 23 to Sept. 22)

The Virgo Cat is modest and demure. While the Virgo cat knows he's attractive and handsome, he's reluctant to show off. He knows those frequent baths pay off. The Virgo cat is also reliable and diligent, able to stare at a vent for hours without moving a muscle and then dash off without waiting for a single word of praise. Of course, the Virgo cat overcomes his natural shyness the minute there's a mention of salmon treats.

Strong points:
Charming, cuddly, intelligent

Weak Points
Self-willed, sensitive, unsettled

Health:
Weak stomach, liable to intestine troubles.

LIBRA (Sept. 23 to Oct. 23)

The Libra Cat is easy going and sociable. Libra cats are relaxed in any situation, except maybe those that involve rambunctious children. They love when their owners entertain, often rubbing the legs of the guests for that added touch of hospitality. Libra cats also mingle with the other cats in the neighborhood, and they accept whatever comes their way with a smile and a soft purr. They don't get worked up over anything, except for really appetizing cat food commercials.

Strong points:
Peaceful, easy adapter, sympathizing

Weak Points
Lazy, slow, a little sad

Health:
Good; liable to skin disorders.

SCORPIO (Oct. 24 to Nov. 22)

The Scorpio Cat is determined and focused. Whether it's a mouse that needs to be chased or a sunbeam that needs to be laid in, the Scorpio cat will perform the task with unrelenting resolve. Scorpio cats are also passionate and they enjoy everything they do. They are as intense playing and having fun as they are giving themselves a bath. They will focus on whatever they are doing or on an object of their desire with unbroken concentration, or until they hear a tuna can in the opener.

Strong points:
Energetic, intelligent, passionate

Weak Points
Possesive, jealous, difficult to understand

Health:
Good; slightly liable to bladder infection.

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 23 to Dec. 21)

The Sagittarius Cat is carefree and loves his freedom. Open spaces and open doors are irresistible invitations to wander and explore. Sagittarius cats are happy, especially when they are outside. It's nice if their owners come out to play, but if not, there are plenty of activities and adventures to keep the Sagittarius cat busy and happy for hours. They also have boundless energy and are happiest when they out in the open. Of course, being inside getting a special cat treat also ranks pretty high on the list as well.

Strong points:
Uncomplicated, brave, lively, clever

Weak Points
Curious, light, freedom-loving

Health:
sensitive to cold/draught.

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22 to Jan. 19)

The Capricorn Cat is patient, careful and deliberate. They don't seem to mind waiting for what they want. They know that eventually, they'll get whatever it is. They'll sit quietly and calmly in the living room, just waiting to pounce once that curtain moves again. Capricorn cats are also committed to their routines. They like certain parts of the house, certain toys and certain people. Any kind of fish, however, is perfectly acceptable. The Capricorn cat is also very disciplined, he wants his owner to know he can be counted on. Especially when the scratching post needs a good workout.

Strong points:
Quiet, careful, affectionate

Weak Points
Afraid, withdrawn, domestic.

Health:
Liable to skin-, and theeth-disorders.

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20 to Feb. 18)

The Aquarius Cat is friendly and loyal. Aquarius cats love to just hang out with their owners no matter what they are doing, unless it involves bathtubs and water. Aquarius cats enjoy a warm sunbeam, a soft blanket or a fluffy pillow as long as his owner is close by. Aquarius cats are also independent and inventive, always looking for new and different ways to hiss at dogs, spook the goldfish and unravel the yarn in the knitting basket. The Aquarius cat is a true friend in every way, even if there hasn't been any catnip around for awhile.

Strong points:
Intelligent, friendly, faithful, 'wise-man'

Weak Points:
Rebellious, dominant, likes to have his own way

Health:
Teeth problems, joints, blood circulation.

PISCES (Feb. 19 to Mar. 20)

The Pisces Cat is a kind and loving cat, even around water. They are caring and giving cats, willing to share a toy, a lap or a bird brought in from the yard. Because of their selfless nature they come when they are called, hoping for a treat, but happy with some strokes along the back. Change never upsets them and they adapt to whatever their owner wants. They also enjoy quiet time, comfortable with themselves and content with their lives. The Pisces cat is willing to take anything that comes along, especially is it tastes like salmon.

Strong points:
Sweet, peaceful, a good friend

Weak points:
Oversensitive, sentimental, dreamy

Health:
Liable to colds, liver trouble.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kirsten

Kirsten
09-09-2003, 05:21 AM
Well, at least this explains a lot about Lily (Gemini): difficult to educate, chaotic LOL and now I know what I to have expect in the future: At any age, Gemini cats are youthful and exuberant, inquisitive and a bit devilish

And it's also a good excuse for Luna (Taurus): liable to overweight :)

BTW, have to find out about their ascendent, too! :)

Kirsten

Barbara
09-09-2003, 05:42 AM
This sounds as if Filou would be a good Aquarius (with the exception that he loves water) but Tigris isn't a real Pisces:)

IttyBittyKitty
09-09-2003, 06:25 AM
I was wondering when Pixel was born, whether it was early Jan or late Jan/Early Feb. This certainly clears it up as this describes cheeky Pixel to a T :D :D

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20 to Feb. 18)

The Aquarius Cat is friendly and loyal. Aquarius cats love to just hang out with their owners no matter what they are doing, unless it involves bathtubs and water. Aquarius cats enjoy a warm sunbeam, a soft blanket or a fluffy pillow as long as his owner is close by. Aquarius cats are also independent and inventive, always looking for new and different ways to hiss at dogs, spook the goldfish and unravel the yarn in the knitting basket. The Aquarius cat is a true friend in every way, even if there hasn't been any catnip around for awhile.

Strong points:
Intelligent, friendly, faithful, 'wise-man'

Weak Points:
Rebellious, dominant, likes to have his own way

Health:
Teeth problems, joints, blood circulation.

bisi.cat
09-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Oh, I don't know when Nellie was born...her shelter papers say that she's born in March...but I'm not sure wether this is true, because she was a foundling...
However we celebrate her birthday on March 1st...so according to the cat astrology she's pisces...

Russian Blue
09-09-2003, 07:52 AM
Both Nakita and I are Gemini's. I think it explains both of us pretty well! (except the difficult to educate, we both do well on that) ;)

GEMINI (May 21 to June 21)

The Gemini Cat is a lively cat that gets along anywhere and with most other cats. Gemini cats love to involve their owners in every aspect of their lives, which often includes sharing a recent catch from the back yard. At any age, Gemini cats are youthful and exuberant, inquisitive and a bit devilish. The Gemini cat is versatile and adaptive and absolutely loves a good romp.

Strong points:
Playful, cheerful, social, clever

Weak Points
Doubter, difficult to educate, chaotic

Health:
Good; liable to colds.

catmandu
09-09-2003, 09:53 AM
Actually I only have the vaquest idea when the Catts were born. The only ones that I know are Rocca , BJ and John , who were part of a Cattery! But I give all the Cats birthdays and they all get Special gifts , as they used to say on the Newly Wed Game , especially designed for them.Meeow to Everyone on Pet Talk!

Miss Meow
09-09-2003, 04:21 PM
I live with three Leos and a Virgo - no idea how the house is still standing, really! :)

Kirsten
09-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Forgot to say:

This is purrfectly describing Luna (Taurus):

The Taurus Cat is loving and cuddly. Taurus cats need their owner's laps and will put up with almost anything just to sit in them. They also love to lay in front of a fire or curled on a blanket. The Taurus cat relishes time with his owner, but will ignore the owner from time to time just to keep a little mystery. Taurus cats are quiet and peaceful and are most comfortable when all is well and secure in their world, especially if there's a scratching post, or sofa, nearby.

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2003, 11:23 PM
Sunny is a Virgo
Cirrus is a Gemini
Sky - I'm not sure about but since I adopted him on June 7th that's his b-day and it really fits his personality so he's another Gemini.
Storm- I don't know his actual b-day either but I adopted him on Jan. 11th so he's a Capricorn.

My RB Pepper's b-day was March 17th so he was a Pisces and this fit him too. He also had liver problems. :(

Kirsten
09-11-2003, 04:59 AM
Storm- I don't know his actual b-day either but I adopted him on Jan. 11th so he's a Capricorn.

So he must have been very young when you adopted him?

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
09-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Kirsten
So he must have been very young when you adopted him?

Kirsten I adopted him from the Humane Society and he had been owned by a man who abandoned him. He was brought him by someone else and was out with the strays. His owner found out about it and told them that he didn't want him anymore. They said he was about 2 years old but my vet said he was no more than 1 year old. They had named him Storm so I just kept the name.

ScantyNebula
09-11-2003, 01:23 PM
Toby - Libra , and Lily - Aries are exact, almost! Main points with Toby : Lazy, calm!

Main points with Lily: Sweet, lively, energetic

Such a close match! :D

Felicia's Mom
09-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Felicia is a Virgo. I got her in the middle of October, and the vet said she was about 6 weeks old.

Beau is a Pisces. I know his exact birthday.