PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* Will this girl ever learn from her mistakes?

Kirsten
09-08-2003, 04:50 PM
Yesterday it has happened: Lily has jumped onto the hot kitchen stove, right onto the plate! She literally flew down, jumped around a bit - and then started playing as if nothing has happened!

Luckily she doesn't have any injuries, so in the end, I thought this lesson might have been necessary to make her stop jumping onto the stove all the time. BUT NO WAY!!!! She did it again today, and I don't know what to do with that girl anymore! At least for a hundreds times I've put her back to the floor now and told her "no!", but she just won't listen! She's both stubborn and fearless - and extremely greedy for food, a very bad combination! :eek: I hope she will calm down a bit when she's older, but she has a very strong tendency to get herself into trouble!

She eats everything btw - or at least would eat if I would let her! She more or less steps onto my own plate when I'm eating, and no matter how often I push her away, she ALWAYS comes back and purrs!

Kirsten

rg_girlca
09-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Oh Kirsten, phew, i'm so glad baby Lily didn't get burnt. She sounds like a real handfull. My Mooky jumped on the stove once, thank goodness it wasn't on, but I have a little rolled up piece of newspaper that I keep handy and a little tap on the butt does wonders. He's never done it since.

Catsnclay
09-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Have a squirt bottle right by the stove, and when ever she gets up there, squirt her and say a firm "NO" at the same time. Hopefully she will get the message! Good luck!

Barbara
09-09-2003, 02:59 AM
Whenever you take a pot off the stove put another pot with cold water in it on the hot plate. :)

Plus squirt bottle. Lily is in the best age for getting into trouble -and it will stay like that for some more months. And one year later you will look back and be happy that you knew her then:D

IttyBittyKitty
09-09-2003, 06:44 AM
I am so afraid of Pixel doing that! She is a very nawtee cat as many of you will know. She has not done it. Yet. Always with the Yet! Her favourite trick at the moment is knocking all the placemats off our new dining room table, thus she is less inclined towards jumping on the kitchen bench or stovetops.

She's not particularly good at learning lessons either - she fell out a window because she was climbing the screen but fearless and brave, she was back to her old tricks within days.

Lily, I do hope you learnt your lesson! Please be wary of worrying Meowmie!

BastetsMum
09-09-2003, 06:46 AM
Squirt bottle or water pistol with diluted vinegar and water did the trick with Bastet jumping on the kitchen benches and stove top. Most kitty's hate hte taste of vinegar.

catmandu
09-09-2003, 09:59 AM
I am so glad that LILY did not get burned! Or worse , catch on fire! If she is longhaired , this can happen!Please Lord , dont let this Cats Curiousity endanger her nine Lives!

Kirsten
09-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Yes, I think a squirt bottle and a pot with cold water is a good idea! And she HAS TO learn the meaning of the word "no", even though I seriously doubt she ever will!

Kirsten

wolfsoul
09-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Oooh Naughty girl! :p

Try taping some tin foil over it so it makes a scary noise when she lands on it. Or take one of those plastic mats with the pokey undersides and put it upsidedown on the stove. :)

Good luck!

Tonya
09-09-2003, 09:21 PM
Ron stepped right on the hot burner once. I felt horrible. It burned his pads and singed his fur. Luckily, it taught him his lesson. He stays away from the stove now.

Kirsten
09-11-2003, 05:02 AM
Poor Ron! Well, at least, he has learned from that!

My Katz did the same when she was young, and she had burned her paw very bad, but after that, she never walked on the stove again!

Wish Lily would do the same!

Kirsten