PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

MHMama
09-08-2003, 12:44 PM
Some of you remember that we once had a beautiful stray cat named Lucy who loved Ricky, our chihuahua with her whole being. When she was killed, I said no more. I kept telling myself that I would not get involved in anymore strays as it is so expensive and heart wrenching. So why am I writing?
For the last few months, two strays have been coming into the yard and about a month ago, I started putting dry cat food and fresh water out for them. I am sure that the female has kittens somewhere but have not been able to find them.
Neither of them will let me pick them up until today. Ethel, as I tend to call her, came to the back window crying. I went outside and right away noticed her front paw is swollen and she isn't walking on it. She came right up to me and I picked her up. I touched a very small rough area on her leg and green pus came out. She has an infected wound.
I lost my job recently (isn't downsizing wonderful) and can not afford this again but I called my youngest daughter, Danielle and she said make the appointment and she will pay for it. This is why I don't charge her rent. When I need her, she always comes through.
Will let you know how it goes. We are hoping to get her and Fred (the other stray) fixed as soon as we can catch him and now when she is well.

Logan
09-08-2003, 12:55 PM
You are a good mama, MHMama. And your daughter is wonderful!! Hope sweet Ethel will be ok. And you're doing the right thing, you know.

Logan

pitc9
09-08-2003, 01:25 PM
I sure hope all is well!
I also hope you find those kittens before she's gone for a day or two at the vet, not knowing how old they are...

Oh I hope everything turns out good for you all!!!

MHMama
09-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Two months ago, she was huge one day and not the next. I know that is when she had her litter but we still have not been able to find them. She comes to our place several times a day and eats and drinks. I told my husband about a week ago that it would not surprise me if she is eating so much so that she can regurgitate the food for the kittens later in their hiding place. She is very thin.
Also the male, Fred. He is pure grey in color and the strangest male I have ever seen. He comes and cries for food but always waits for her to eat and only eats after she is full. He watches over her so I think they may have been litter mates also.
People throw cats and kittens away like they throw a cigarette butt out of a car window. They never look back nor even give these poor things a second thought.